Children among 27 dead in shooting at Conn. elementary school

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Children among 27 dead in shooting at Conn. elementary school
Next Page »
kopower
12/14/12 1:32:36PM
NEWTOWN, Conn. — At least 27 people were killed, including an unconfirmed number of children, in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., on Friday, according to reports from Reuters and The Associated Press. If confirmed, it would be one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history. It comes after a series of shooting rampages in the United States this year that have killed multiple victims.

An entire classroom of students remains unaccounted for, according to a report by The Hartford Courant.

The suspected shooter, the father of a student there, was also killed, CBS News reported. The principal and school psychologist were among the dead, CNN said.

"It was horrendous," said parent Brenda Lebinski, who rushed to the school where her daughter is in the third grade. "Everyone was in hysterics - parents, students. There were kids coming out of the school bloodied. I don't know if they were shot, but they were bloodied."

Television images showed police and ambulances at the scene, and parents rushing toward the school. Parents were seen reuniting with their children and taking them home.

An official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way told the Associated Press the gunman apparently had two guns. The school district remains on lockdown as police investigate the shootings. There are unconfirmed reports of two shooters, according to a local newspaper.

Link
kopower
12/14/12 1:34:34PM
What the hell is going on with all the mass shooting this year? Makes it even more tragic when kids are involved.

I was also reading something about a guy in China that slashed a whole bunch of kids outside of school too.
shaneTpain
12/14/12 1:34:39PM
HOLY FUCK
Drudinh
12/14/12 1:56:27PM
This is so terrible. my heart goes out to all the familys involved. I don't want my kids leaving the house now.
Budgellism
12/14/12 2:02:31PM
Fucking disgusting.

My heart goes out to the families.
Poor_Franklin
12/14/12 2:05:50PM
it's times like these i wish i believed in Hell bc I'd love to know that this chicken shit is burning right now.
jay98107
12/14/12 2:12:44PM
Incredibly tragic, my heart goes out to the victims and familes. It's so difficult to understand a crime like this. Shades of the Dunblane School Massacre...
FastKnockout
12/14/12 2:18:23PM
Think I found the kid. Ryan Lanza. Early 20s. Lives in NJ. From Newtown, CT.

Facebook
TeamDEY
12/14/12 2:20:31PM
Horrible just horrible. Like one of the reporters were saying, these parents who lost their children were worrying about how they were going to rap their presents for their kids without them knowing. Now this. I can only imagine what the family's are going through.
jay98107
12/14/12 2:25:43PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Facebook

I sense anti-violent video game commentary coming...
prophecy033
12/14/12 2:45:41PM
I can't believe this. 2 in a week. My heart hurts so bad. My sister was in lockedown during the one here in Oregon and I was so worried until she said she was safe. Im going in tomorrow to get my concealed carry. I want to be a person that can help prevent this or at least help in stopoing the guy from killing more. I just want to know that I can protect those I love and care for.
infestructure
12/14/12 2:50:53PM

Posted by kopower

What the hell is going on with all the mass shooting this year? Makes it even more tragic when kids are involved.

I was also reading something about a guy in China that slashed a whole bunch of kids outside of school too.

China better start banning knives before its too late. (Joke).
For some reason there has been a spate of adults stabbing kids in China, and Japan.
Poor kids, I hope this turns out no kids die
infestructure
12/14/12 2:53:55PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Facebook

Kid? Why do you think this is him?
airkerma
12/14/12 2:58:27PM
Unreal. Perfect exxample of a sick fuck. It's hard to imagine that any of the adults did something real to warrant revenge, but all of them and then children as well? I'd be surprised to find any sort of real motive other than being a sick shit face.
FastKnockout
12/14/12 2:59:31PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by FastKnockout

Facebook

I have a bad habit of calling people kid. He's not actually a kid.

They said his name was Ryan Lanza.
Early 20's.
Lives in NJ (where reports say the shooter drove from)
He's from Newtown, CT (where the shooting took place)
jay98107
12/14/12 3:03:35PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by infestructure

Posted by FastKnockout

Facebook

I have a bad habit of calling people kid. He's not actually a kid.

They said his name was Ryan Lanza.
Early 20's.
Lives in NJ (where reports say the shooter drove from)
He's from Newtown, CT (where the shooting took place)

And it's been shared by hundreds of people on facebook calling him the shooter, although that's not necessarily gospel.
thevoodooninja
12/14/12 3:12:05PM
it's being reported that he was 20 years old and his mom was a teacher at the school and her class room was the target. (i heard it on the radio, sorry for no link)

this is tragic. i feel horrible for the kids and families involved.

ChrisSabal
12/14/12 3:15:28PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

it's being reported that he was 20 years old and his mom was a teacher at the school and her class room was the target. (i heard it on the radio, sorry for no link)

yeah apparently he killed his dad as well.
cowcatcher
12/14/12 3:22:32PM
It just makes me want to cry. I think it's sad that it has to come to this, but I'm thinking it's time for armed police at every school. The system in place isn't working and crazy fuckers like this piece of shit are able to commit these horrible acts too easily. What a coward. Just kill yourself you asshole, why take innocent kids with you?
kopower
12/14/12 3:25:12PM
18 little kids died. Sounds like the kid that did the shooting with his brother, had some problems at home, and then took it out on innocent children.

I couldn't even imagine getting a phone call saying there was a shooting at your kids school, and finding out your child was one of the victims.
Shawn91111
12/14/12 3:37:40PM
I read the title and heard it on the radio briefly. I just cant read or watch shit like that, as a parent, more as a human that just is heart wrenching to anybody
Poor_Franklin
12/14/12 3:44:13PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

yeah apparently he killed his dad as well.

i havent seen that yet, but did just read on cnn that they found his brother dead
ChrisSabal
12/14/12 3:56:31PM
Apparently from what I read the shooter was Adam Lanza (20 years old). His brother Ryan Lanza wasn't the shooter and he is in custody right now but not being questioned as a second shooter.

Adam killed his dad along with his older brother who was a law enforcement official. He then went to go kill his mom at the school where she teaches and she too was killed. Most of her students were the children that died. He then killed himself.

Poor_Franklin
12/14/12 4:12:55PM
the info will eventually sort itself out. im seeing too many conflicting reports on which Lanza was the actual shooter.
MuayThaiGeek13
12/14/12 4:48:52PM
Bensons post fight speech was eerily...necessary
KungFuMaster
12/14/12 5:36:50PM
Being a parent, hearing things like this makes me paranoid - and I'm already an overly protective father to begin with..

I may come off as this internet tough guy, but I'm really a softy. This is turning out to be one depressing day.
Bubbles
12/14/12 5:54:44PM
I refuse to watch the news or read about this as this is utterly disgusting. No trial, convict the scumbags and have them out for public torture by the families of the victims...or some other form of capital punishment. No counselling, no rehab, no jail...just death. Save the tax dollars and oxygen for more important needs

Another instance where gun control needs to be looked at and probably get rid of this shit of allowing people to own guns. I might be in the minority about that but this is ridiculous
george112
12/14/12 6:26:52PM
Read about this at work today. Sad sad thing to happen.

ChrisSabal
12/14/12 7:02:39PM

Posted by Bubbles

I refuse to watch the news or read about this as this is utterly disgusting. No trial, convict the scumbags and have them out for public torture by the families of the victims...or some other form of capital punishment. No counselling, no rehab, no jail...just death. Save the tax dollars and oxygen for more important needs

Another instance where gun control needs to be looked at and probably get rid of this shit of allowing people to own guns. I might be in the minority about that but this is ridiculous

The guy is dead and also they were his parents' guns I believe.
backalley101
12/14/12 7:49:15PM
This news literally brought tears to my eyes .I'm a father I can't even imagine what they are going through. My heart goes out to all the families
Pages: [1] 2