Chiek Kongo : Higher Or Lower

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chiek Kongo : Higher Or Lower
peachfuzzz1305
8/17/07 10:01:05PM
If Chiek happens to Outstrike Mirko then he has to be ranked in the Top 10

So is he Ranked higher or lower then 5

I Would Personally Rank Him 7 Or 8

Twenty20Dollars
8/17/07 10:37:14PM
you spelled his name wrong. its Cheick
three_days_of_grey
8/17/07 11:08:53PM
Winning one fight against a Top 10 ranked fighter does not mean you HAVE to be ranked in the Top 10. I don't think Gonzaga should be ranked as high as he has been either. If Kongo were to win, I still dont envision him cracking those ranks. However, if Cro-Cop were to lose, I imagine he would slide a little bit, but still not out of the Top 10.

For sh*ts n' giggles I have pulled the HW rankings from this site.

#1 Fedor Emelianenko 19.91%
#2 Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 15.04%
#3 Randy Couture 14.01%
#4 Mirko Filipovic 13.50%
#5 Josh Barnett 10.28%
#6 Gabriel Gonzaga 9.85%
#7 Andrei Arlovski 7.29%
#8 Tim Sylvia 4.50%
#9 Mark Hunt 2.88%
#10 Brandon Vera 2.75%
Honorable mentions: Aleksander Emelianenko, Fabricio Werdum, Jeff Monson

I think Kongo would have to win at least one or two more fights (after Cro-Cop)against a Top 10 fighter just to crack it.
And once again, I'm sorry, but if Fedor doesnt come too UFC, he needs to start the slide out of the Top 10. Yes, he could conceivably come in to the UFC and stomp all over everyone, but he isn't.

-OUT-
three_days_of_grey
8/17/07 11:11:01PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Who cares? Obviously knew who he was referring to.. Who knew we were being graded?
Scott_Revels
8/17/07 11:20:18PM
Higher. It applied to Gonzaga, who is my #4, so it would have to apply to Kongo.
Twenty20Dollars
8/18/07 12:01:55AM

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Who cares? Obviously knew who he was referring to.. Who knew we were being graded?

Well it makes you look stupid but I guess if thats what you were looking for thats ok.
bls1919
8/18/07 12:11:50AM
i really dont think that he'll beat Cro Cop. That being said i dont think Kongo is a top ten fighter either way. he could always get lucky like gonzaga did against Mirko
ocho-cinco
8/18/07 12:36:59AM

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Well it makes you look stupid but I guess if thats what you were looking for thats ok.

If your making stupid spelling mistakes all over the place, then yeah you look stupid. But I think we need to take it easy when someone spells "Chiek" isntead of "Cheick." If someone doesn't know who they're talking about, then They're stupid anyway. This Forum is for getting your point accross, not writing perfect grammer for teacher.
DMcCabe11
8/18/07 12:41:48AM
since is takeing someone down and dominating and then koing them after uve made them exhausted getting lucky
cmill21
8/18/07 12:55:17AM
Getting lucky is how it ended. gg himself said it was a kick he didn't think would land. Also I suppose he got lucky by getting an unenergetic, unenthused, non-motivated Mirko. But gg won, won big time, Mirko will respond and be coming after him. He's already said he wants a re-match. Also Mirko's training with the right people, and if he's focused, and still has the fire he should definetly not lose to another striker.
TOMMYAYO05
8/18/07 3:19:35AM
I definetley think kongo should be up there i almost had him up there before this fight and look at gonzaga after one huge win.I would have him at 7 or 8