UFC Chief Lorenzo Fertitta talks about buying UFC in 2001

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Chief Lorenzo Fertitta talks about buying UFC in 2001
MMAcca
3/4/09 1:42:00AM
Talking exclusively in his first sports magazine interview, Fertitta reveals for the first time how his attorneys questioned the decision to buy the then ailing Ultimate Fighting Championship in 2001.

Interviewed in the US launch issue of Fighters Only magazine he admits that his attorneys could not understand the value in his $2m purchase. “…I had my attorneys tell me that I was crazy because I wasn’t buying anything. I was paying $2 million and they were saying ‘What are you getting?’ And I said ‘What you don’t understand is I’m getting the most valuable thing that I could possibly have, which is those three letters: UFC. That is what’s going to make this thing work. Everybody knows that brand, whether they like it or they don’t like it, they react to it.”

LINK
mentalcase
3/4/09 4:34:06AM
weird, when i put my cursor on the link your accolades pop down
Pookie
3/4/09 4:38:29AM

Posted by mentalcase

weird, when i put my cursor on the link your accolades pop down

you may want to switch your browser to Firefox.
scoozna
3/4/09 9:54:22AM
It often seems like a very fine line between visionary-business-genius and fool.
I often wonder, is it the end result, success or failure, that casts the final vote?
Mayo
3/4/09 3:10:31PM

Posted by scoozna

It often seems like a very fine line between visionary-business-genius and fool.
I often wonder, is it the end result, success or failure, that casts the final vote?