Should Chief Illiniwek be banned??

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Should Chief Illiniwek be banned??
POLL: Should Chief Illiniwek be banned??
Yes 17% (2)
No 67% (8)
Not Sure 17% (2)
FLAMarlins35
2/20/07 5:44:25PM
I dont think so because...

1. There isn't any living Illini left
2. They are honoring indians, not disrespecting them
3. GO ILLINI!!
fedorwins1
2/20/07 5:45:28PM
WHAT??
Zvonimir
2/20/07 7:17:13PM
Im sitting right across form the Alma Mater right now at Moonstruck. As a U of I student, I could give a rats ass about the chief. Get rid of him, keep him. Just make a decision and move on.
nate22
2/20/07 7:18:19PM

Posted by FLAMarlins35

3. GO ILLINI!!

You know if I could edit this post to banning you instead, I would.
madmarck
2/20/07 11:23:57PM

Posted by nate22

Posted by FLAMarlins35

3. GO ILLINI!!

You know if I could edit this post to banning you instead, I would.

ahaahahahahahhhahahahahah thats the best post i have seen in a while.
Cary_Stayner
2/21/07 1:12:02AM
Go fighting Sioux
roadking95th
2/21/07 9:39:02AM
I thought I once saw a tv report where it shows Illinois going to great lengths to represent the Chief correctly. Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't the Chief actually go to Indian Festivals and teach about Native American culture?
elgigante
2/21/07 12:04:28PM
the elimination of all the native american school names is PC bullshit IMO. I fail to see how they are portraiying the culture in a bad light .
Gogoplata
2/21/07 10:31:21PM
Chief Illiniwek should not be banned. However, I do agree with banning the dance that takes place at halftime of games. It seems a little campy and cartoony to me. But the mascot itself? No way.
roadking95th
2/21/07 11:55:42PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Chief Illiniwek should not be banned. However, I do agree with banning the dance that takes place at halftime of games. It seems a little campy and cartoony to me. But the mascot itself? No way.

As far as I know, the dance is authentic.
FLAMarlins35
2/23/07 8:11:16PM

Posted by roadking95th

I thought I once saw a tv report where it shows Illinois going to great lengths to represent the Chief correctly. Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't the Chief actually go to Indian Festivals and teach about Native American culture?

exactly

the idian is an idol, not a disrespectful disgrace
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
We_Todd_Did
2/26/07 3:51:02AM

Posted by elgigante

the elimination of all the native american school names is PC bullshit IMO. I fail to see how they are portraiying the culture in a bad light .

Hell, I'm glad anyone is still representing Native Americans at ALL.If you go to some (rather moronic) parts of the country, there's actually people who think there's none left!
Lay_N_Pray
2/28/07 8:17:20PM
I'm a student at Southern Illinois and let me tell you I'm glad they banned that jerk.

Not because I dont like him, but because they are afraid to play us in basketball and football...cause they know we would beat them in horrific fashion in both sports.
FLAMarlins35
3/2/07 9:07:00AM

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

I'm a student at Southern Illinois and let me tell you I'm glad they banned that jerk.

Not because I dont like him, but because they are afraid to play us in basketball and football...cause they know we would beat them in horrific fashion in both sports.

dont get me wrong, i LOVE siu, and im rooting for them over illini in the ncaa's cuz illini dont have a chance. your right about bball, but in football juice williams would kill all!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
FLAMarlins35
3/2/07 9:08:59AM
S I U
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
poll77
3/2/07 7:53:25PM
hell no he shouldnt be banned
poll77
3/2/07 7:54:16PM