Cheesy WWF Promo Photos of the ’80s/’90s, And Their MMA Counterparts

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cheesy WWF Promo Photos of the ’80s/’90s, And Their MMA Counterparts
thevoodooninja
9/6/12 4:07:49PM
LINK

Our friends at With Leather just put together an incredible/awful collection of cheesy WWF promo photos from the late ’80s and early ’90s, and as we were browsing through some of these gems while drinking our coffee this morning, we couldn’t escape the eerie feeling that we’ve seen these faces elsewhere. The same snarling mugs, the same wacky personas — it’s obvious that some of our favorite MMA fighters owe a debt to these guys. So follow us back to pro wrestling‘s golden age, and allow us to make some startling comparisons.
Poor_Franklin
9/6/12 4:46:15PM
i think this is the link. the first one didnt work for me

LINK
grappler0000
9/6/12 4:54:28PM
*Fixed original link.

I think they forgot about Soko B. Ware

scoozna
9/6/12 5:08:18PM
I have to admit...the resemblances were uncanny. I was thinking Jeff Monson instead of DFW for George The Animal Steel.
grappler0000
9/6/12 5:10:31PM

Posted by scoozna

I have to admit...the resemblances were uncanny. I was thinking Jeff Monson instead of DFW for George The Animal Steel.

Yeah, but then CP wouldn't have their obligatory poke at Dana.

CP is very hit or miss for me. I enjoyed this one though.
Poor_Franklin
9/6/12 5:19:36PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by scoozna

Yeah, but then CP wouldn't have their obligatory poke at Dana.

CP is very hit or miss for me. I enjoyed this one though.

i was trying to guess who they would pick by the pics of the wrestlers & thought they'd have Bas Rutten
shaneTpain
9/6/12 8:55:02PM
Hahahaha