Cheech & Chong Return To the Stage

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Cheech & Chong Return To the Stage
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/10/08 12:03:36PM
Marijuana mavericks Cheech & Chong return to the stage after more than 25 years

TORONTO — For a couple of laidback stoners, they sure know how to hold a grudge.

It has taken more than 25 years for Cheech & Chong to put aside their longstanding differences, with the comic pair apparently at loggerheads until just a few months ago.

But that's all behind them now, insist reunited comedians Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong, who say they're excited to be resuming their beloved pot-loving alter-egos for a North American tour that kicks off Sept. 5 in Ottawa.

"There was always a great love there, as well as a bit of annoyance," Marin says by phone from Los Angeles of the duo's rocky relationship and how they managed to get beyond the bickering.

"It's like being married, you know, for that long, you just kind of get sick of the other person."

Edmonton-born Chong says the squabbling started back in the mid-1980s, when Marin decided to do the comedy film, "Born In East L.A.," without his longtime cohort.

"That was kind of tough," Chong says in a separate phone interview from Sydney, N.S., where he had a comedy show last week. "It's kind of tough being a partner when your partner does a movie without you."

"After that, he sort of went his way and I went my way."
link
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/10/08 12:06:06PM
i know its a lil old as the tour has already started, but these are 2 legends coming back for one last hurrah
whther u like pot or not, these guys' groundbreaking comedy is classic & if i had enough $ i know i'd sure as hell make a trip to go

tix can be found at livenation.com i believe

if u dig myspace,they got a vid on their page where they did the press conference announcing the reunion
MFOTHER
9/10/08 1:04:09PM
yeh i heard about this a few years ago before chong went to jail. Good to see any long time friends resolve a feud after such a long time.
emfleek
9/10/08 1:05:38PM

Posted by MFOTHER

yeh i heard about this a few years ago before chong went to jail. Good to see any long time friends resolve a feud after such a long time.

That was likely during a time when the talk of them getting back together was strictly based off of rumors. They didn't "bury the hatchet", so to speak, until very recently.