Anyone check out the X Games tonight?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anyone check out the X Games tonight?
MisFiT
8/2/07 11:24:05PM
What a great night except for the disappointment of Moto X Best Trick which I've been looking forward to all year. Oh well, it was a pretty good night. Nice runs for Stenberg, Deegan only took his first run, that was pretty disappointing too, what a slam that Brown kid took for the Big Air comp, that was crazy, he was out cold, fell like 40-50 feet straight down, that was sicccck. Anyone else catch it?
Twenty20Dollars
8/2/07 11:52:01PM
Never saw that coming Jake Brown falling 50 feet. Since I skateboard, if was jake and felt the board shake alittle i would have jumped off.

Oh man that one guy almost had the double backflip, i think he could have got it if he had went alittle faster.

But last years moto x was just crazy hyped up with the double back because it was coming from travis.
chadtruitt1979
8/3/07 12:07:07AM
I am so suprised that he walked away from that. AMAZING
MisFiT
8/3/07 4:43:24AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Never saw that coming Jake Brown falling 50 feet. Since I skateboard, if was jake and felt the board shake alittle i would have jumped off.

Oh man that one guy almost had the double backflip, i think he could have got it if he had went alittle faster.

But last years moto x was just crazy hyped up with the double back because it was coming from travis.

Yeah you never think a fall like thats really gonna happen, but thats what happens when you step up and put it on the line, it happens. I really didnt think the X Games setup favored the guy doing the Double Back. If you compared his home setup to the one at the games it just wasnt even close, if he sped up a few seconds earlier he might have come closer to landin it but oh well. Twitch was supposed to pull off somethin big but I guess he didnt go through with it, I think he is competing in Freestyle Moto X along with Faisst, that should be interesting, I heard the course sucks major ass though and that Twitch was unhappy with it. 90 second runs, should be great.
shakeandbake
8/3/07 5:07:12AM
did yall notice that his shoes flew off? that was hilarious, and im sure there is a fan with VANS imprinted in their forehead now.
MisFiT
8/3/07 5:11:32AM

Posted by shakeandbake

did yall notice that his shoes flew off? that was hilarious, and im sure there is a fan with VANS imprinted in their forehead now.

Bahahaha yeah, I didn't catch it at first but watching it from different angles I did, it was pretty funny.
shakeandbake
8/3/07 5:18:22AM
it was amazing how both shoes flew off at the same time. he should get some points for the synchronized shoe toss.
fedorwins1
8/3/07 1:07:20PM
I thought he died. Also I forget his name I think it's Potter for Moto X best trick had some sick kiss of death backflips.
DJDark41
8/3/07 1:38:02PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I thought he died. Also I forget his name I think it's Potter for Moto X best trick had some sick kiss of death backflips.

HELL YEAH! That backflip/kiss of death should've won best trick, but I was impressed by Loza's body varial. I was also disappointed with Scott Murray failling the double backflip and not being able to try again. Jake Brown had a nasty fall, I can't believe that he was alive, let alone walking away under his own power. to him.
MisFiT
8/3/07 2:03:35PM

Posted by DJDark41

HELL YEAH! That backflip/kiss of death should've won best trick, but I was impressed by Loza's body varial.

Best Trick is pretty much about being able to land the best and most creative trick that no one has seen before, alot of people knew Loza was going in and was gonna attempt it but instead they decided to hype that nobody who most likely was going to have no chance at landing that Double, props to him I guess though, its one of those times that it even disappoints you that he doesnt stick it. How many times have we seen Potter's fully extended flips. It is pretty common these days, although the extension was pretty crazy, no doubt Loza takes it, good scoring. I just wish Deegan or Twitch would get somethin done, dont know whats happened to Deegan.
MisFiT
8/3/07 2:43:05PM
Womens Street Skating is on right now, Mens Street Skating Finals are coming up at 12:30 or 1 Pacific. That's in like 45 mins. Here's the link for anyone interested.

Street Finals - EXPN
FeelTheJoy
8/3/07 4:00:47PM
yea that fall was sick. when he hit the ground you could see his eyes for a while and they were rolled in the back of his head. i cant believe he got up and walked away. he could of had internal bleeding. anyways it was a crazy day
bayonetxwork
8/3/07 4:16:50PM
I was amazed he actually lived through that, let alone walked away from it. He dropped about 40 feet onto his back, and the way his back snapped from the impact was insane.
MisFiT
8/3/07 5:41:14PM
Today! MOTO X STEP UP AND BMX BIG AIR! AAAAAH!
fedorwins1
8/3/07 6:11:02PM
I hate moto x step up, it's kinda boring. I'm sure we'll see something crazy in BMX big air though.
DJDark41
8/3/07 7:12:50PM
Moto-X Step Up can have some pretty crazy wipeouts if they come down at the wrong angle or if they don't get over the bar far enough and just smash the landing.
MisFiT
8/4/07 6:10:23AM
Another bad night for Deegan, guess since he already lost a Kidney he cant push it as hard as he used to, having a family and all. That sucks.
fedorwins1
8/4/07 1:01:35PM

Posted by MisFiT

Another bad night for Deegan, guess since he already lost a Kidney he cant push it as hard as he used to, having a family and all. That sucks.

I think he's done, he won't be a elite level rider anymore. He's been hurt too many times and I think he should stop before he gets killed or seriously injured.
DJDark41
8/4/07 2:36:30PM
Poor Deegs, I was really pulling for him to win. I can't believe that Jeremy McGrath was eliminated first, that was a huge shocker to me.
MisFiT
8/4/07 5:43:13PM

Posted by DJDark41

Poor Deegs, I was really pulling for him to win. I can't believe that Jeremy McGrath was eliminated first, that was a huge shocker to me.

Another guy way past his prime haha. He is losing the Moto X Racing bad today too.
fedorwins1
8/4/07 6:25:57PM
Damn Ward lost at the very end. Tonight at 7 is the freestyle moto x elimination round. Why isn't Pastrana competing this year? Also, wasn't Carmichael supposed to race today?
MisFiT
8/4/07 6:43:53PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Damn Ward lost at the very end. Tonight at 7 is the freestyle moto x elimination round. Why isn't Pastrana competing this year? Also, wasn't Carmichael supposed to race today?

Carmichael I dont know about, but Pastrana chose not to compete and take this year off, that's good anyways, no one needs to see his redneck ass. They are doing Freestyle Elim and then Freestyle Finals. Twitch or Faisst will win most likely.
fedorwins1
8/4/07 7:24:41PM

Posted by MisFiT

Carmichael I dont know about, but Pastrana chose not to compete and take this year off, that's good anyways, no one needs to see his redneck ass. They are doing Freestyle Elim and then Freestyle Finals. Twitch or Faisst will win most likely.

You're kidding right, Pastrana is a god at freestyle moto x, Twitch and Faisst are good but Pastrana is on another level.
MisFiT
8/4/07 11:00:19PM

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by MisFiT

You're kidding right, Pastrana is a god at freestyle moto x, Twitch and Faisst are good but Pastrana is on another level.

Of course, but he's still a lame redneck.
fedorwins1
8/5/07 11:59:04AM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by fedorwins1

Posted by MisFiT

Of course, but he's still a lame redneck.

Lol, I was kinda disappointed in the freestyle moto x. Surfing was boring IMO I hope White lands the 1080 today.