Check this out a must!! He is fresh out of jail from Miami .

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Check this out a must!! He is fresh out of jail from Miami .
« Previous Page
migo
3/21/07 2:18:40AM

Posted by warglory

Kimbo got handled by that cop who is an amateur mma fighter. There were no submissions allowed and no ground fighting, yet despite Kimbo's crew getting involved, the cop still clearly beat Kimbo. I actually think that the cop got a match in the UFC.

Gannon cheated, he was using chokes even though it was supposed to be a boxing match.
migo
3/21/07 2:19:40AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

He's a street fighter. That's all he'll ever be, and he'll never be able with guys on the next level.

That's pushing it a bit far, he trains with FFA so...

I was saying ATT 'cause McCarthy trains with them now, guess I was reading an older interview.
Lay_N_Pray
3/21/07 10:03:42AM
Kimbo would not last very long in the UFC at all. Someone brought up the point of him being a good street boxer, and that much is true, but he isnt even good enough to become a pro boxer so he would die in MMA.

If Kimbo fought Klitschko it would be a no contest or Toney or any heavyweight. Kimbo should just stay on the streets and beat up on chumps.
warglory
3/21/07 10:38:28AM

Posted by migo

Posted by warglory

Kimbo got handled by that cop who is an amateur mma fighter. There were no submissions allowed and no ground fighting, yet despite Kimbo's crew getting involved, the cop still clearly beat Kimbo. I actually think that the cop got a match in the UFC.

Gannon cheated, he was using chokes even though it was supposed to be a boxing match.

Kimbo cheated during the match too, I can't remember what exactly the issue was, but I remember both sides getting up in arms a couple of times. Also, the choke he used was just a standing choke and it wasn't in very tight from my recollection, so I doubt that it had a dramatic impact on the result of the match. Not to mention Kimbo's posse practically pissed themselves from getting so over-excited when Gannon locked in the choke.
Stickan
3/21/07 12:22:09PM
I hope he dies.
Gogoplata
3/21/07 1:10:02PM

Posted by www-WeLoan-us

I saw that fight last 11 minutes pretty nuts..

Yeah and afterwards Gannon looks like Sloth from The Goonies. He get f'd up in that fight.
mmadb
3/21/07 1:10:55PM
Why the hell is this meatball even being discussed? He's garbage.
hippysmacker
3/21/07 1:45:09PM

Posted by mmadb

Why the hell is this meatball even being discussed? He's garbage.

I have to agree that I'm shocked that a thread on Kimbo has went on this long.
madmarck
3/21/07 3:20:29PM

Posted by DavidLee

He would get beat in the UFC. He is about like Tank Abbott. He has some heavy hands but someone would submit him easily. He is a good street fighter. I woudl not want to talk crap to him. He is a bad dude. Just not for the MMA ring.

Exactly. He went from some boxing skill to street fighting.
The way he fights only strikes with the fist are allowed. No chokes or subs at all. No ground fighting.

Wathc his fight with Sean Gannon. Gannon hits him with a few knees and the place goes insane over it.
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 4:02:16PM
Kimbo should stick to beating up fat ghetto rats... He seems to be pretty good at it...
JimiMak
3/21/07 5:48:19PM
PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE
bayonetxwork
3/21/07 6:31:12PM

Posted by migo

Posted by bayonetxwork

He's a street fighter. That's all he'll ever be, and he'll never be able with guys on the next level.

I was saying ATT 'cause McCarthy trains with them now, guess I was reading an older interview.

Has he ever had a professional bout against...anyone, in any discipline? If not, then I don't think I'm pushing it to far at all, because there is no way he'd ever be able to hang with guys like Liddell...
www-WeLoan-us
3/21/07 9:59:13PM
Gannon also used his knees which was illegal
migo
3/22/07 12:37:32AM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by migo

Posted by bayonetxwork

Has he ever had a professional bout against...anyone, in any discipline? If not, then I don't think I'm pushing it to far at all, because there is no way he'd ever be able to hang with guys like Liddell...

Training with the Avellan Brothers, Charles McCarthy, Jorge Masvidal etc. is going to make you quite competent.
bayonetxwork
3/22/07 3:06:12PM

Posted by migo

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by migo

Posted by bayonetxwork

Training with the Avellan Brothers, Charles McCarthy, Jorge Masvidal etc. is going to make you quite competent.

LOL, that would make anyone competent. Just because hes training doesn't mean he is going to make it to a higher level.

I vote migo for #1 kimbo nuthugger on the forum..
Raykill
5/13/08 11:17:06AM

Posted by migo

Posted by warglory

Who cares? It was a street fight, there arent any rules in a street fight.
By the way, have I said that I HATE KIMBO?????
holt8081
5/13/08 2:52:26PM
I would like to see him fight someone thats not a loser.
JimiMak
5/13/08 4:39:56PM

Posted by Raykill

Posted by migo

Posted by warglory

Who cares? It was a street fight, there arent any rules in a street fight.
By the way, have I said that I HATE KIMBO?????

That's where you're wrong. There were a lot of rules to Kimbo's fights, you bash him w/o knowing anything about him.

BTW, thanx for calling this up after over a year, nothing more relevant was to be found.
bls1919
5/13/08 10:18:33PM
WTF who was post digging? Kimbo is fighting somone who is in good shape and is huge. James Thompson is a good fighter and will be a good test for Kimbo. If it were any other figther and his third fight was against JT not one person would be hounding him. I hope we get to see Fergusons ground game. See where he is as an MMA fighter
Pages: 1 [2]