Cheaters are everywhere

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Cheaters are everywhere
grappler0000
7/22/07 8:19:43AM
Cheaters will be cheaters.

That's the reluctant response from the Godfather of mixed martial arts, Randy Couture, as the Ultimate Fighting Championship suffers another kick in the teeth as the result of positive drug tests.

Link
grappler0000
7/22/07 8:21:03AM
Another article about steroids...was interesting to see Randy's thoughts on the matter though.
bayonetxwork
7/22/07 4:08:28PM

Posted by grappler0000

Another article about steroids...was interesting to see Randy's thoughts on the matter though.

Wow you freaked me out, I just skimmed the first post, and thought you said he tested positive.
TOMMYAYO05
7/22/07 4:58:03PM

Wow you freaked me out, I just skimmed the first post, and thought you said he tested positive
me too i was like ahhh no not randy!!!haha
grappler0000
7/22/07 8:14:08PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Wow you freaked me out, I just skimmed the first post, and thought you said he tested positive

I can honestly say that if that was actually the case...I would lose all faith in the sport. Gracie took me a while to accept...but Couture would cripple me.
AmericanFighterAce
7/22/07 9:07:18PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I can honestly say that if that was actually the case...I would lose all faith in the sport. Gracie took me a while to accept...but Couture would cripple me.

You are not kidding. Couture testing positive for steroids will literally make me turn away from this sport for awhile because if you have to talk about an embassador for this sport and really a face of the UFC, Randy Couture is it. He is Captian America for the UFC.
casey64
7/22/07 9:10:54PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by grappler0000

Wow you freaked me out, I just skimmed the first post, and thought you said he tested positive.

there are alot of steroid users in the mma
Ultimate_fighter
7/22/07 10:43:19PM

Posted by casey64

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by grappler0000

there are alot of steroid users in the mma

Big time big time, don't know why they do the roids, even tho they know they will get tested positive for it...
LHK
7/23/07 3:18:49AM
If you know what you are doing you can cycle properly so steroids won't show up in your system. I honestly think MANY if not most MMA fighters are users, they just all cycle. This is not foolproof and sometimes you mess up, or sometimes it just doesn't work for whatever reason. And there are constantly "new" types of steroids or mixtures which aren't being picked up in tests, etc. There will always be.

I wouldn't be surprised if Randy was a user though, he sure looks huge...and at his age...not saying one thing or another, I don't know and won't pretend to. Just saying, anything is possible. Randy is not a god, or above making mistakes or wanting to have an edge.

And for the record I am a Randy fan and I think he is a really classy guy. But that doesn't mean he is "above" everyone else.