Cheap Grapplng Shorts

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Cheap Grapplng Shorts
hunterlcs92
11/26/07 9:56:22AM
I've been looking for some cheap ones but they all come to about $50. Anyone know where some cheap shorts can be bought?
Salty
11/26/07 9:58:57AM
Combat Sports
they have some for 30-40$
bayonetxwork
11/26/07 3:21:56PM
www.cagewalk.com | i believe they run around 20bucks, and are definitely quality shorts. although simplistic in design, i havne't heard anything but good stuff about them. probably the cheapest quality shorts you'll find.
Jackelope
11/26/07 4:12:55PM
Unless your school has certain rules there's usually no problem with wearing whatever kind of shorts you feel comfortable in. I've worn everything from basketball shorts to different sets of board shorts to gi pants. Grapple in what you feel comfortable in/can afford!
Rush
11/26/07 4:35:59PM

Posted by Jackelope

Unless your school has certain rules there's usually no problem with wearing whatever kind of shorts you feel comfortable in. I've worn everything from basketball shorts to different sets of board shorts to gi pants. Grapple in what you feel comfortable in/can afford!

Yeah. I have a pair of surf shorts. They are made from a fabric that doesn't tear easily so they are more durable and other shorts I've worn.

All in all, what is the big deal about grappling shorts any ways? Other than the fact of trying to look like you are a submission grappler. lol
Jackelope
11/26/07 7:34:22PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

Yeah. I have a pair of surf shorts. They are made from a fabric that doesn't tear easily so they are more durable and other shorts I've worn.

All in all, what is the big deal about grappling shorts any ways? Other than the fact of trying to look like you are a submission grappler. lol

Well maybe that "Sprawl" logo on the side makes you sprawl better?
danny81
11/26/07 8:23:11PM
BATHING SUIT. thats what alot of people wear
Svartorm
11/27/07 1:13:41AM
To this day, I still fight in a pair of $8 draw string shorts I bought from Old Navy. As long as there are no, or very few pockets, they should work, provided you're not fighting pro. Pros have certain shorts they have to wear.
KeNn
11/27/07 2:29:02PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope

Well maybe that "Sprawl" logo on the side makes you sprawl better?

it helps me
cmill21
11/27/07 5:40:46PM

Posted by Svartorm

To this day, I still fight in a pair of $8 draw string shorts I bought from Old Navy. As long as there are no, or very few pockets, they should work, provided you're not fighting pro. Pros have certain shorts they have to wear.

I like tai shorts for kickboxing, since they make it less restrictive for high kicks(to me anyways) but grappling shorts?
KeNn
11/27/07 10:35:15PM
lol for grappling I wear b-ball shorts.

it's all good for me, lol when i join kickboxing I am going to buy sprawl shorts lol i actually ordered them already
Svartorm
11/27/07 11:37:50PM
I never throw high kicks, so thats probably why I don't bother with kickboxing shorts. For grappling, depending on rule sets, you can sometimes grab an opponents shorts, or at least your own to defend armlocks, so I like something thats strong and thick enough to get a grip on, like khaki shorts.
Jackelope
11/28/07 3:16:40AM

Posted by Svartorm

I never throw high kicks, so thats probably why I don't bother with kickboxing shorts. For grappling, depending on rule sets, you can sometimes grab an opponents shorts, or at least your own to defend armlocks, so I like something thats strong and thick enough to get a grip on, like khaki shorts.

Yep, nothin like grabbin yer own shorts to stop a kimura or grabbin yer own shorts to help lock in an armbar from the bottom. Muay Thai shorts aren't good for this at all because they're usually made of slick material made to slide across your leg real easy when you're throwing kicks. Not to mention they're normally so short that you can't even reach em if the guy has your arm down by your knee
ghosted3
11/28/07 10:08:19AM
for a cheaper short that has awesome quality, check into txmma.com the stuff they have is great. I have a pair of black ones and I believe they came to be 30.99 after taxes and shipping. Took around 10 days to get the item.

*edit* here is the link for Truth
KeNn
11/28/07 12:05:37PM
I got a question, I am ordering some new shorts today.

for muay thai/BJJ should I order the longer or shorter ones?

i like the longer ones, will it make a difference?
cmill21
11/28/07 1:39:31PM
Are they specifically for muay tai? If so then get a set of actual tai shorts.
KeNn
11/28/07 2:11:33PM
na bro their for jiu jitsu too.
bayonetxwork
11/28/07 3:01:54PM

Posted by KeNn

I got a question, I am ordering some new shorts today.

for muay thai/BJJ should I order the longer or shorter ones?

i like the longer ones, will it make a difference?

I'd get the shorter ones. The longer they are, the more restrictive they are on kicks, and positions you'd use in BJJ. Mine are about an inch or so higher than my knee, and make sure you get ones with slits in the side too.
cmill21
11/28/07 4:56:16PM
Get shorts like Nog and Cro Cop wear, the bycicle style. They work for both.
KeNn
11/28/07 11:22:30PM
I realize the clash in styles with one short being good for one sport, and another short being good for another sport.

Sprawl Shorts

would those be good for BJJ? (a little generic, but sprawls known to be good quality)

I am planning on buying some twin or fairtex shorts for mauy thai.

I ask lots of nooby questions i know, but i dun want to get something, and be disapointed.
ghosted3
11/29/07 10:28:56AM
Sprawl is about the industry standard. If you get the split leg design you cant go wrong for MT and BJJ.