Changed my pick to Belfort

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Changed my pick to Belfort
FastKnockout
1/14/12 2:03:36PM
Thanks to the Medical Beat article on MMAJunkie. Thought about it for a while. Hope I don't regret it! I'll still keep my AV bet with Deadhead, though.

Who else switched from Johnson to Belfort after the weigh-in situation?

Budgellism
1/14/12 2:19:30PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Thanks to the Medical Beat article on MMAJunkie. Thought about it for a while. Hope I don't regret it! I'll still keep my AV bet with Deadhead, though.

Who else switched from Johnson to Belfort after the weigh-in situation?

I did. I also have an AV bet against Twenty20 with me picking Johnson. Regretting it now but oh well. I'm keeping the Mr. PoPo after the bet though.
DeadHead988
1/14/12 2:23:48PM
I figured it was only a matter of time until you changed your mind. Glad to hear the av bet is still on lol!
Aether
1/14/12 2:36:14PM
I think I probably would've gone with Vitor regardless of the weight situation, but that definitely influenced my outlook on the fight to some degree.
FastKnockout
1/14/12 2:37:32PM

Posted by DeadHead988

I figured it was only a matter of time until you changed your mind. Glad to hear the av bet is still on lol!

Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for Johnson full force! But I won't risk the points when the odds are stacked against Johnson at this point.
twodragunns
1/14/12 2:51:43PM
The latest Vegas odds for this co-main event are Belfort @ -130 and Johnson @ even ...... Rumble should probably lose this fight, then blame it on the sickness and the weight cut distraction, but will then suffer by being released by the UFC.
This is how I think the whole affair will unfold, but I do think Johnson will get his job back in 2012 after moving up to LHW.
tcunningham
1/14/12 3:08:21PM
my pick was always vitor but i was on the fence with changing it to johnson, then this weight in shit happened and i just stopped caring. go vitor.... even though he's brazilian.
Poor_Franklin
1/14/12 3:16:44PM
ive changed my pick a bunch. sticking w/ vitor, but dont consider him that much of a favorite. coin flip?
Chael_Sonnen
1/14/12 3:34:19PM
Rumble from day 1.

Let me get this right, it's okay to rip a guy to shreds for coming in heavy, but what about Veeetor and 4-Hydroxytestosterone???

Budgellism
1/14/12 3:39:32PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Rumble from day 1.

Let me get this right, it's okay to rip a guy to shreds for coming in heavy, but what about Veeetor and 4-Hydroxytestosterone???

It's more than just that and you know it. It's his third time missing weight and this time it was even after moving up a weight class. Plus his attitude after every time was very poor and he has had no problems pointing the blame at anything or anyone but himself.
prophecy033
1/14/12 3:48:45PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Rumble from day 1.

what about your boy Chael and his testosterone problem? You forget about that

"Drug tests conducted at the time of his match with Anderson Silva showed that Sonnen had an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone (or T/E) ratio which fell outside the allowable range. Specifically, Sonnen’s urinalysis showed that his T/E ratio was 16.9:1. By comparison, an average man has a T/E ratio of 1:1, and testing bodies such as CSAC may allow for a variance as high as 4:1 for athletes—meaning Sonnen's T/E ratio was nearly 17 times that of a normal man and more than four times higher than the allowed maximum for an athlete"
FastKnockout
1/14/12 4:15:23PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Rumble from day 1.

It's more than just that and you know it. It's his third time missing weight and this time it was even after moving up a weight class. Plus his attitude after every time was very poor and he has had no problems pointing the blame at anything or anyone but himself.

I understand why Johnson lashed out at the fans. Some of the stuff fans were saying on some of the MMA forums was ridiculous. But I agree with you on him not taking the blame on himself.
Budgellism
1/14/12 4:24:40PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Rumble from day 1.

I understand why Johnson lashed out at the fans. Some of the stuff fans were saying on some of the MMA forums was ridiculous. But I agree with you on him not taking the blame on himself.

That's true. He should know better than to read mma forums though. Especially since it was obvious how poorly he was going to look in this situation. Anonymous people don't wait for facts to come out before they attack. I've been guilty of it myself on several occasions.

The truth is though, he screwed up and if he's going to grow as a fighter and a human being in general he needs to own up to his mistakes. Especially when he's the co-main event of the evening.

If he hadn't missed weight twice before this I'm sure people wouldn't be as hard on him. He needs to learn from this and move on. Hopefully he doesn't get cut but I'm not going to argue if he is.
FastKnockout
1/14/12 4:40:04PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Rumble from day 1.

That's true. He should know better than to read mma forums though. Especially since it was obvious how poorly he was going to look in this situation. Anonymous people don't wait for facts to come out before they attack. I've been guilty of it myself on several occasions.

The truth is though, he screwed up and if he's going to grow as a fighter and a human being in general he needs to own up to his mistakes. Especially when he's the co-main event of the evening.

If he hadn't missed weight twice before this I'm sure people wouldn't be as hard on him. He needs to learn from this and move on. Hopefully he doesn't get cut but I'm not going to argue if he is.

Very true! He's just been one of my favorites for a while now and I'd hate to see him screw up his chances at a title run due to him being stubborn about his weight.
TeamDEY
1/14/12 4:58:30PM
good pick... i took Belfort as well
calitrees
1/14/12 5:27:40PM
Belfort since the beginning
KungFuMaster
1/14/12 5:42:16PM
I was thinking of changing it to Belfort as well but I thought about it and came to the conclusion that even if Rumble was not 100%, he should still be stronger and more conditioned fighter.
Cooler
1/14/12 5:51:57PM
I went from confident in Belfort in the beginning to being swayed to Johnson up until the weigh ins, now I'm backing Vitor heavily and I dont care if I get it wrong you dont show up 12lbs overweight, thats fuckin ridiculous.
Poor_Franklin
1/15/12 12:48:27AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

ive changed my pick a bunch. sticking w/ vitor, but dont consider him that much of a favorite. coin flip?

nice to see i posted it when i changed my mind but forgot to change it
prophecy033
1/15/12 1:12:10AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I stuck with Belfort all the way, just never really considered him grabbing a submission
Budgellism
1/15/12 1:13:42AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Oh No!
kingsmasher
1/15/12 5:07:13AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Rumble from day 1.

Doubt he read any forums...and seriously think he needs a coach like Greg Jackson...Didnt he say on the countdown it was 2 half weeks to fight and he was 213...I think he did..If so I think he need to be at 200 then..simple math..or science..I just thoguht watching seemed heavy as heck..