Change MMA History

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Change MMA History
Wolfenstein
12/21/08 6:08:49PM
If you could change the outcome of one fight what would it be and why?
Jackelope
12/21/08 6:16:17PM
Mirko Crocop Filipovic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga. I really think that head kick stole so much of the fire out from under Mirko. He was so exciting to watch back in the day. Now it's almost like you feel sorry for him when he fights.

mentalcase
12/21/08 6:55:12PM
havent u seen those movie about time travel? if u i only change one fight a long time ago it could have major consequences that could really mess up mma as a whole, im pretty happy with the way things are going so i wouldnt fu*k with the past.

but yeah my non smart ass answer would be the cro cop fight i agree with jack
cmb19932
12/21/08 6:56:57PM
um chuck vs rashad because i really wanted to see chuck and forrest go to war
higdon10
12/21/08 7:18:36PM
Dave Terrell vs Matt Linland.

If it wasn't for Terrell's upset knockout victory we would have seen Linland and Tanner go toe to toe in their primes.
dannyfrank
12/21/08 7:24:01PM
kimbo vs seth ......................

haha! yeah right.

in all honesty, i cant really think of a fight that i wish i could go back and change.

EDIT: just thought of one. the corey hill fight. that kind of injury shouldnt happen to anyone
scoozna
12/21/08 7:42:05PM

Posted by Jackelope

Mirko Crocop Filipovic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga. I really think that head kick stole so much of the fire out from under Mirko. He was so exciting to watch back in the day. Now it's almost like you feel sorry for him when he fights.

This would probably be my #2 choice, but I'd say Rampage / Forrest. Nothing against Forrest, I just saw the fight differently.
Khaos
12/21/08 8:50:31PM
GSP vs Hughes 3, because I'm a major Hughes fan and I can't stand GSP.
Sledge23
12/21/08 10:06:58PM
Any fight that matt serra has ever won
StriderXero
12/21/08 11:34:56PM
Shogun vs Coleman

no one deserves to loose like that, then have an opponent (who IMO) has inferior skills to Shogun, strutt around like he did something great. Especially what happenned after the fight, the way Coleman and Baroni basically teamed up on Wand.....pardon my language but what a bunch of ASSHOLES. Then Coleman goes on to say Wand and Ninja sucker punched him.....

I hope Shogun gets his revenge on Coleman
Mungooch
12/22/08 4:48:09AM
I'd makeTito beat Machida via Triangle then Retire
bobbydoomocculta
12/22/08 6:41:57AM
I'd probably say Mark Kerr's comeback at pride 27... it was hard to watch him look physically like half the man he was... Add in the freak knock out it was just sad... And how his record has been since... He should've stayed retired...
big_timmy
12/22/08 7:12:41AM
Arlovski - Sylvia 2.

The loss put AA on the back foot against Tim and caused him to lose the 3rd one, and if AA had have won that second fight, and the first like he did, it would be undenaible that he was one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, if he isnt already. Plus Tim wouldnt have won back the belt that i totally hate the fact he even owned once.

We'll see at the day of reckoning wont we...
bobbydoomocculta
12/22/08 7:41:29AM

Posted by big_timmy

Arlovski - Sylvia 2.

The loss put AA on the back foot against Tim and caused him to lose the 3rd one, and if AA had have won that second fight, and the first like he did, it would be undenaible that he was one of the greatest heavyweights of all time, if he isnt already. Plus Tim wouldnt have won back the belt that i totally hate the fact he even owned once.

We'll see at the day of reckoning wont we...

That's probably my second one... but I would've said it without the Sylvia hate at the end...
cowcatcher
12/22/08 8:31:14AM

Posted by Jackelope

i only read the first post and this one(so far) and thats exactly what i would have said, especially being a huge CC fan.
casey64
12/22/08 11:01:54AM
Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir at UFC 81.
cheesy-maggot
12/22/08 1:50:55PM
I think I would change Frank Shamrock/Cung Le. I think Cung Le is pretty overrated and I like Frank Shamrock.
StorminYourman
12/22/08 2:46:17PM
I would have liked to see Randy beat Brock in 5th by brutal GNP.
I was pretty bummed when he lost.

Also Arloski Sylvia 3 could get erased from my memory as well.
Pitbull09
12/22/08 3:11:58PM
Can;t think of anything right now as its a really good question. It would prob just be a fight though where someone screwed something up (example- Anthony Johnson/ Kevin Burns I) but idk right now.
Pitbull09
12/22/08 3:15:50PM

Posted by StorminYourman

I would have liked to see Randy beat Brock in 5th by brutal GNP.
I was pretty bummed when he lost.

Also Arloski Sylvia 3 could get erased from my memory as well.

Yea, the Randy fight still bothers me. I think he decided to do standup way to early in the fight and you see Brock was tiring. It couldve very well ended 5th GnP if Couture avoided that 1 2.

As an AA fan, I really do wish the Sylvia/AA trilogy had AA as the winner but that would change so much. instead of Couture/ Sylvia, it would have been Couture/AA unless Couture decided that that wasnt the best matchup for him. Heck, I dont think Lesnar/ Couture would have ever happened if AA won two of the three fights so maybe that is the best choice
Wallass
12/22/08 4:49:15PM
Probably Fedor's only loss. He'd still be undefeated, even though we all know it was BS.

Honorable mention to:

CroCop vs Gonzaga
Anderson vs Ryo Chonan
Mir vs Lesnar
Randy vs Lesnar
Bonnar being awarded the win instead of Griffin
SpiderSilva
12/22/08 7:00:08PM
Rampage Chuck 1

just to watch Chuck(ufc champ) vs Wandi(pride champ) not the watered down version that we watch you know a must win for either fighter

Also Tito Chuck 2 just to watch them break the most PPV buy with a rubber match to bad Tito can't take a punch
higdon10
12/22/08 7:27:27PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Also Tito Chuck 2 just to watch them break the most PPV buy with a rubber match to bad Tito can't take a punch

Yeah I was really rooting for Tito in that one. I was super bummed when he lost.