Change Hironaka loss from submission to TKO please

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Change Hironaka loss from submission to TKO please
uGotKTFO
9/20/07 4:06:19PM
After watching the fight, I can't see any time where he submits.

He's takes a superman punch, a low kick, a punch and a knee. Herb Dean tells him to "fight back", he doesn't so Herb stops it just before Thiago lands another knee. A few seconds after the stoppage, Hironaka even lifts his arms up in they air looking like he disagreed with the stoppage, something he wouldn't do if he had submitted.

Bruce Buffer announced it as a TKO and that's what it's listed as on UFC.com.

I demand four more points, lol.
owen1
9/20/07 7:10:59PM
Ya i had it by t.k.o to.
we should get 4 more points
If i get another 4 points ill go from 4th to second in the overall points rankings!!
unspoken
9/21/07 3:06:57AM
I think that the results shouldn't be taken from Sherdog as they have been wrong several times in the past, and are only going on the opinion of the person they have reporting from there. Going from ufc.com would be much more clear as they post the official ruling on the fight as the referee/commission ruled it.
Stickan
9/21/07 6:11:11AM
Yup. IMO it should be a submission since he verbally submitted but you should go by what UFC.com has since it's kind of "the official" score.

These guys should get their 4 points... which in Owens case can make a pretty big difference.
DCRage
9/21/07 6:44:18AM

Posted by unspoken

I think that the results shouldn't be taken from Sherdog as they have been wrong several times in the past, and are only going on the opinion of the person they have reporting from there. Going from ufc.com would be much more clear as they post the official ruling on the fight as the referee/commission ruled it.

The best thing to do is go by what's posted on the results page of boxing.nv.gov (NSAC's website) for events like this in Nevada, as those are "the" final official results. And according to their records, Alves did win by TKO in round 2.
CWall33
9/21/07 7:28:29AM
This exact same debate has come up before.

Link

At the time, the discussion was ended by the web site officials by saying that the "official" results are taken from the CSAC, end of story. We tried and tried to find these results on the web, but were unsuccessful (and, apparently, nobody that knew where to find them would fess up).

Now, the same thing has happened. i.e. a debate as to how the fight officially ended. As pointed out above, the NSAC scored it a TKO. MMAPlayground scored it as a Sub/Tap.

In the first instance, I had the chance to pick up 4 points, so I fought the result.
Now, using the NSAC results, I will lose 4 points.

I say change the scoring to TKO. I'll give up the 4 points for the sake of consistency.

B_Goetz
9/21/07 10:55:48AM
Official results from the NSAC (tko).

http://boxing.nv.gov/2007%20Results/09-19-07%20MMA.pdf
scissors61
9/21/07 1:30:29PM
Hear, hear! It was a TKO.
uGotKTFO
9/21/07 5:06:19PM
Just checked my score, and the result has been officially changed to a TKO.

Thanks!
CWall33
9/21/07 5:45:14PM

Posted by owen1

If i get another 4 points ill go from 4th to second in the overall points rankings!!

Ouch! They changed it, and you went from 4th to 5th.
How did that happen?

Edit: Ah, I see. You had Rd.1 KO, so you only picked up 2 pts. Other folks, who had picked Rd.2 KO gained 4 pts and passed you.
Chris_Rendleman
9/21/07 6:14:52PM
i never understood why taps to strikes were called submissions
IrishMMA
9/21/07 7:15:11PM
The TS just earned me 4 more points... Thank you!!!!
CWall33
9/21/07 7:23:07PM

Posted by Chris_Rendleman

i never understood why taps to strikes were called submissions

Because thats pretty much the definition of submission. Whether it's an arm-bar or strikes, you forced the other guy to quit the fight. (i.e. beaten into submission)

sub·mit /s?b'm?t/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suhb-mit] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, -mit·ted, -mit·ting.
–verb (used with object)
5. to yield oneself to the power or authority of another: to submit to a conqueror.