Another UFC 85 change: Eddie Sanchez replaces Neil Wain

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Another UFC 85 change: Eddie Sanchez replaces Neil Wain
Bemin
5/28/08 4:16:16PM
The ever-changing UFC 85 fight card has been tagged with another late change: Eddie Sanchez (8-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) will step in to replace Neil Wain (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) in a UFC 85 preliminary bout with Antoni Hardonk (6-4 MMA, 2-2 UFC).

The organization updated the event's fight card earlier today.

A broken nose has sidelined Wain, an undefeated English fighter who recently signed a four-fight deal with the UFC.

Link
puppetmaster837
5/28/08 4:22:01PM
Eddie Sanchez looked really good in his last fight again Soa, i think he will win this one. This sucks for my parlay now
MMAcca
5/28/08 4:34:51PM
UFC 85: CURSED............
RMFG_187
5/28/08 4:38:45PM

Posted by MMAcca

some1 was telling me that Big Dan can't ref either. even the damn refs dont wanna show up.
MMAcca
5/28/08 4:40:36PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by MMAcca

some1 was telling me that Big Dan can't ref either. even the damn refs dont wanna show up.

And Herb dean has signed with Adrenaline, does that mean he won't be reffing anymore UFCs ?
StevieC
5/28/08 4:52:48PM
Hardonk just went from winning the fight to losing.....too bad for him...
iwannabesedated
5/28/08 4:56:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by MMAcca

And Herb dean has signed with Adrenaline, does that mean he won't be reffing anymore UFCs ?

I dont think Refs really sign to one org..I think their Hired by the Athletic Comission..I could be wrong..Big john may of had some UFC deal..But im not sure how it all works.
stock
5/28/08 5:36:16PM

Posted by StevieC

Well, either way someone is getting KO'd.
I am actually relatively excited for this fight.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/28/08 6:01:48PM

Posted by StevieC

no shit. but i love eddie sanchez so HELL YEAH!
DustinT
5/28/08 6:31:32PM
everyone is really counting hardonk out now?
damn
not really a fan of either, but i see sanchez going down rather hard.

*shrug*

who really knows.
not i.
i don't know shit.
juanez13
5/28/08 6:32:41PM
Hardonk first Round KO, if it was neil wain i think it would be the same outcome, except maybe faster. If it does go to the ground (which would be smart idea for sanchez) i think hardonk will survive, he can take punishment, and sanchez is no JJ wizard, eventually when the fight is standing is only a matter of seconds before sanchez gets KO'd. right now i see no one in the UFC that can stand with hardonk.
lordicast
5/28/08 7:02:55PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Eddie Sanchez looked really good in his last fight again Soa, i think he will win this one. This sucks for my parlay now

Hell no!, if anything this is going to sweetin the deal. Hardonk becomes the underdog in a fight he's going to bully! Sanchez is sloppy and was probably on the couch somewhere drinking MGD and eating chips. Hardonk is going to destroy him! QUOTE me on that...
candynuts
5/28/08 7:15:46PM

Posted by lordicast

Hardonk is going to destroy him! QUOTE me on that...

You can quote me on that too. Eddie Sanchez's fight against Soa Palalei should hesistate people to pick him over Hardonk especially if Sanchez decides to stand with Hardonk. If Eddie can wrestle him down and GnP him, thats a different story. Hardonk is not going to stay there and get eat uppercuts all day.

Props to Eddie for taking this fight on very short notice, but he is going to have his hands full.
prozacnation1978
5/28/08 7:47:37PM
all i can say is i hope the ufc and dana makes it up to you english fans who are attending by next time giving you one hell of a card cause if i was in your position i would be really pissed,
juanez13
5/28/08 8:48:22PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

all i can say is i hope the ufc and dana makes it up to you english fans who are attending by next time giving you one hell of a card cause if i was in your position i would be really pissed,

Thiago Alves vs. Matt Hughes
Michael Bisping vs. Jason Day
Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick
Thales Leites vs. Nate Marquardt
Brandon Vera vs. Fabricio Werdum

dont see what people would bitch about, + sanchez vs hardonk better than neil wain + hardonk.
jae_1833
5/28/08 9:48:13PM

And Hardonk v Sanchez actually makes more sense to me than bringing in some guy few people know of. Sanchez does lack on the cardio though and if he gets tired while banging with Hardonk he will get kneed/kicked into oblivion!
bojangalz
5/28/08 11:57:06PM
I'm not really sure how the UFC plans to market this card. It'll be two weeks off from a HIGHLY anticipated Penn/Sherk card. And while a number one contender fight is nice, Hughes/Alves is really a better #2 or #3. I'd don't really see this card doing so well when it's all said and done.

All of the names and faces keep changing along the way, that vertainly can't help things either.
jakeiceman
5/29/08 2:39:16AM
Eddie Sanchez >Fedor..........
juanez13
5/29/08 6:34:19AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Chuck Norris> eddie sanchez + Fedor

Livershot
5/29/08 9:21:03AM
Whilst I agree with you folks that Eddie Sanchez is a more established name compared to Neil Wain, you have to remember that Neil Wain is an English fighter at an English UFC event, plus Wain has obliterated his opponents so far in his early career so I was looking forward to seeing how he went against significantly stiffer opposition.

Plus I learnt recently Wain lives and trains in my town, so I am pi$$ed he is to be replaced by the manic hispanic as I can no longer root for my local fighter
jakeiceman
5/29/08 3:24:41PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by jakeiceman

Chuck Norris> eddie sanchez + Fedor

Dude you just totally owned me! You cant deny the Norris