What are the chances?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What are the chances?
Mchubb316
3/28/08 9:16:37PM
In my opinion I think that Serra will lose to GSP. What is the chance the UFC puts together Hughes vs. Serra for their next fight? I would like to see Hughes vs Serra while their rivalry is still fresh. I don't think it should be a main event, but would be a good undercard fight.
Pookie
3/28/08 9:18:19PM
100%, and it will be the main event. at the very least co-main event.
WhiteWidow
3/28/08 9:19:48PM
i would like to see it, heres what i dont get tho, everyone thinks hughes will dominate serra but theres a large amount of people thinking serra's going to whoop on gsp who absolutly demolished hughes 2 1/2 times, i just do get the logic, serra got his time in the lime light
bullettdodger
3/28/08 9:20:45PM

Posted by Pookie

Hopefully it will be co-main, i just don't care enough about either fighter right now... The rivalry has already gone cold.. or at least lukewarm for me. Still an interesting fight... but not one im itching to see.
juanez13
3/28/08 9:22:54PM

Posted by Mchubb316
. I don't think it should be a main event, but would be a good undercard fight.

IMO it wont be an Undercard fight for sure...Granted that you probably ment Co-main event, i agree, with somebody like Chuck on the card, it would be a pretty big PPV.
Pookie
3/28/08 9:23:32PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by Pookie

Hopefully it will be co-main, i just don't care enough about either fighter right now... The rivalry has already gone cold.. or at least lukewarm for me. Still an interesting fight... but not one im itching to see.

honestly i could care less about this fight
Mchubb316
3/28/08 9:24:45PM
I agree. People thought that Hughes would dominate Lytle, but I dont think his performance would qualify as dominating in that fight.
NatedawgThaM
3/28/08 9:28:47PM
It should be on the main card but definitely not the main event. It'd be the worst fight on the card. Neither are that great on the feet so it'd be Hughes LNP vs Serra's submission. Not something I want to see.

But this is 90% guaranteed to happen, the other 10% is 5% chance Hughes retires, or 5% he accepts the Kos challenge.
ChokeUout
3/28/08 9:53:18PM
Yeah, the only way It'll be a main event is if it's on a Fight night (very unlikely) or a part of a Europe Event. But it'll be a very solid Co-Main event. Still tho, I wanna see it. I'm one of the people who still likes watching Matt Hughes fight, No matter how he matches up against GSP or what he said in his book. Plus, It'll be interesting to see how Serra Rebouds from a loss, if he does, in fact, lose to GSP.
chubbud22
3/29/08 2:12:53AM
That would be a great under card fight,and it will probably happen; there is 1 main event and the rest are under card fights; right?
chubbud22
3/29/08 2:17:23AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Mchubb316

IMO it wont be an Undercard fight for sure...Granted that you probably ment Co-main event, i agree, with somebody like Chuck on the card, it would be a pretty big PPV.

What the hell does that mean, there is a main event and under cards. The main event is usually reserved for title shots not a Ex champ fight (assuming sarra loses)
juanez13
3/29/08 10:33:26AM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Mchubb316

What the hell does that mean, there is a main event and under cards. The main event is usually reserved for title shots not a Ex champ fight (assuming sarra loses)

There is the main event, than there is the main card which is shown on PPV, than there is the Undercard which isnt shown on PPV. you get it now?
Mchubb316
3/29/08 12:15:42PM
I thought that it went prelimanary fights. Then the televised main card. Then the Main Event. I dont think they announce every fight on the televised main card as main events. I think Serra vs Hughes should be televised just not the main event or maybe I should have said headliner.
mrliquid
3/29/08 1:42:34PM
God please not another Serra/GSP debate my heart can't take it and my fingers are going numb from replying to all these there getting almost as out of hand as all the Fedor post, but on a side note I would like to see at some point in time a Serra vs Hughes I don't think Hughes will stay around for many more yrs but I think he would take that fight anytime it was offered to him
JimiMak
3/29/08 1:57:41PM
I think Serra/Hughes gets set up next no matter if Serra wins or not. Course if/when Serra wins that'll screw Fitch out of his shot.
Mchubb316
3/29/08 2:13:29PM
this was not another serra gsp debate. Look at the first post, and you will then know what the thread was started about.
mrliquid
3/29/08 2:33:47PM
Oh bro I understand it wasn't started out to be a debate but you know someone is going to say something like when Serra beats GSP he won't fight hughes or when GSP beats Serra he will retire and than it will be defended with another reply and so on and so on.
Mchubb316
3/29/08 2:35:58PM
Gotcha.
bullettdodger
3/29/08 4:15:57PM

Posted by JimiMak

I think Serra/Hughes gets set up next no matter if Serra wins or not. Course if/when Serra wins that'll screw Fitch out of his shot.

Fitch, Karo, they're all the same to the UFC completely screwable if it helps the UFC... good stuff, i agree with ya JimiMak
hodge
4/7/08 4:18:35PM
I hope this fight happens even my dad wanted to see Hughes beat on serra after watching the ultimate fighter