No Chance For Leites

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » No Chance For Leites
Fearless915
11/1/08 7:37:15PM
There is no way Leites will get a title shot. If Anderson Silva is serious about retiring after his contract is up there is no way Leites will be one of those 5. Leites is good but he is not that good. I would like to see him go against Rousimar P. Anyone who thinks he will get a shot at Silva is crazy.
copcopps
11/1/08 7:42:18PM
I would like to see him against Bisping, never seen Bisping against a grappler of his calibur AFAIK, at MW
Ordep
11/1/08 7:55:51PM
well... he's on a streak, I think he needs one more to earn it (Maia/Quarry winner maybe?). I was the same story with Cote.

I don't agree on matching him vs. Palhares since Palhares just lost and it makes no sense losing and getting a shot against someone with a 3+ winning streak.
Twenty20Dollars
11/1/08 9:09:16PM
well apparently im crazy. Leites has been winning and who else is going to be able to fight for the title as soon as leites, uhhh nobody that is worthy as leites.

Hendo is facing Franklin
bisping just fought and hasnt earned a title shot
marquardt just lost to leites
okami is facing dean lister

plus leites is fresh wasnt hurt at ufc 90 like silva so they could fight soon.
Pitbull09
11/1/08 10:58:53PM
I dont understand why ppl favor rousimir over leites. Leites is easily a better fighter and his win streak is proving it. I want either Maia or Leites to get a shot. They have great BJJ which is the one way I think Anderson can lose. Not by some one dimensional Head kick guy like Rousmir. We wouldnt even be talking about that guy if Wilson would have punched more and finished him.

Okami
Henderson
LHW fight
Leites or Maia

Those are the four most probable fights. GSP could end up being one too.
Pitbull09
11/1/08 11:03:02PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well apparently im crazy. Leites has been winning and who else is going to be able to fight for the title as soon as leites, uhhh nobody that is worthy as leites.

Hendo is facing Franklin
bisping just fought and hasnt earned a title shot
marquardt just lost to leites
okami is facing dean lister

plus leites is fresh wasnt hurt at ufc 90 like silva so they could fight soon.

With how quick SIlva fights I think that is the best idea.
Have him fight Leites at UFC 91 or 92 before the end of the year. Then let him fight so guy at LHW and by then Okami will be ready after his fight with Lister (if he wins.) After all that, who knows, maybe the GSP fight will happen cause I think TUF 9 will still be happening or the coaches will have just fought.
grappler0000
11/1/08 11:38:27PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I dont understand why ppl favor rousimir over leites. Leites is easily a better fighter and his win streak is proving it. I want either Maia or Leites to get a shot. They have great BJJ which is the one way I think Anderson can lose. Not by some one dimensional Head kick guy like Rousmir. We wouldnt even be talking about that guy if Wilson would have punched more and finished him.

I think Leites is more deserving of a title shot than Palhares at this point considering Palhares lost his last fight, but I definitely think that he is a much more dangerous fight for Anderson. Perhaps you're not familiar with his BJJ skills since Henderson was able to keep it standing for most of their fight, but if he were to get Anderson to the ground, I don't think it would last long...and I think he would have a good shot at taking him down. Maia and Leites have phenominal BJJ, but I think Palhares presents a bigger threat.

Edit: Leites has a winning streak going, but the only contender he's beat in the UFC is Marquardt...and he didn't look that impressive in that fight.
fonduktoe
11/2/08 12:29:16AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Pitbull09

I think Leites is more deserving of a title shot than Palhares at this point considering Palhares lost his last fight, but I definitely think that he is a much more dangerous fight for Anderson. Perhaps you're not familiar with his BJJ skills since Henderson was able to keep it standing for most of their fight, but if he were to get Anderson to the ground, I don't think it would last long...and I think he would have a good shot at taking him down. Maia and Leites have phenominal BJJ, but I think Palhares presents a bigger threat.

Edit: Leites has a winning streak going, but the only contender he's beat in the UFC is Marquardt...and he didn't look that impressive in that fight.

leites was kicking ass in the first round before the illegal blow took the wind out of his sails. they deduct points for reasons
HENDO915
11/2/08 1:06:23AM
I like Leites a lot he is a great fighter, but one more win over Quarry or Damion? C'mon give him some real competition, I agree I think Bisping would be a very interesting fight for Leites. If he wins a couple of fights you can maybe put him in title contention but he shouldn't face Anderson Silva unless Silva decides not to retire.
MMAcca
11/2/08 4:13:54AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Okami
Henderson
LHW fight
Leites or Maia

His next fight is definately at LHW.
postman
11/2/08 9:16:33AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Okami
Henderson
LHW fight
Leites or Maia

Rousimir has sick ground skills. He is the only person to ever sub Ivan Salaverry and I'm not sure who wilson is do you mean Henderson? I was actually supprised at the speed and how high his kicks were for be ing such a good BJJ guy. He actually earned his black belt from Murilo Bustamante and Bebeo Duarte.
Jlloyd
11/2/08 9:20:18AM
Leites needs to beat 2 or 3 of

Franklin, Henderson, Palhares, Okami, Bisping, Maia

before he can think about a title shot

If memory serves, wasn't Marquardt dominating the fight only for him to get docked points twice?

higdon10
11/2/08 12:19:45PM

Posted by HENDO915

I like Leites a lot he is a great fighter, but one more win over Quarry or Damion? C'mon give him some real competition

I would take Maia over him any day. And I'm not sure he could beat Quarry.
Fearless915
11/2/08 4:45:33PM
Maia would be a good fight but neither of them or great fighters
bls1919
11/2/08 8:34:55PM
Well brother label me "CERTIFIABLE". Leites should definatly get the next shot at Silva. Maybe make him dimantle Bisping first but definatly the next shot at Silva @ 185 that is. Silva could have another showing at 205 before his next title defense.
cmill21
11/2/08 8:37:49PM
I think Leites could beat Anderson if he found a way to get it to the floor. Anderson has pretty good JJ now but it's not on thale's level.
bls1919
11/2/08 8:48:43PM
Had a total brain fart. Leites should have to face the winner of Lister Okami to get to silva. The winner of thos three would be the true # 1 contender. IMO

EDIT: This could actually happen if Silva has another fight at 205 soon.
higdon10
11/3/08 12:11:26AM

Posted by bls1919
Maybe make him dimantle Bisping first

You seem pretty confident.
gsquat
11/3/08 10:06:28AM
Leites is a bust against the best. Marquardt really did destroy him. A little too much in fact. And Toquinho would do the same. Toquinho has a bright future and will get a title shot some day.
Pitbull09
11/3/08 10:18:17PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Pitbull09

Okami
Henderson
LHW fight
Leites or Maia

Rousimir has sick ground skills. He is the only person to ever sub Ivan Salaverry and I'm not sure who wilson is do you mean Henderson? I was actually supprised at the speed and how high his kicks were for be ing such a good BJJ guy. He actually earned his black belt from Murilo Bustamante and Bebeo Duarte.

I am thinking of the wrong fighter. Who is the kickboxer from croatia that beat Wilson Govuea (Cant spell his last name). I have nothing against Rousimir than, his rear naked choke to arm bar transition was sick.