Chan Sung Jung's next opponent?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chan Sung Jung's next opponent?
TS92turbo
3/27/11 11:49:38PM
Chan Sung Jung had a very impressive win over Leonard Garcia with the first Twister Submission in UFC History. My question is,

Whats next for the Korean Zombie?

I want him to have 1 or 2 more fights, and if he wins these, he should challenge the winner of Aldo and Hominick.

I would love to see a Garcia vs Sung Jung 3 though

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!
Budgellism
3/28/11 12:03:01AM

Posted by TS92turbo

Chan Sung Jung had a very impressive win over Leonard Garcia with the first Twister Submission in UFC History. My question is,

Whats next for the Korean Zombie?

I want him to have 1 or 2 more fights, and if he wins these, he should challenge the winner of Aldo and Hominick.

I would love to see a Garcia vs Sung Jung 3 though

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!

Woah, slow down there champ. Jung would get absolutely get destroyed by Aldo and would be a large underdog to Hominick in my opinion. The guy got ktfo by Roop and lost to and beat a largely overrated Garcia. Yes, the submission was fantastic and so were all three of those fights but Jung is no where near a title shot.

I would like to see him fight McDonald next to be honest. It makes a lot of sense right now. And I would like to see Garcia fight Figueroa. Both incredible fights that make sense.
Twenty20Dollars
3/28/11 1:40:13AM

Posted by Budgellism

I would like to see him fight McDonald next to be honest. It makes a lot of sense right now. And I would like to see Garcia fight Figueroa. Both incredible fights that make sense.

Both of those guys fight at 135, McDonald and Figueroa.

I could see Jung facing Cub Swanson, Nam Phan, Franciso Rivera or a new comer, but I doubt they put him against some of the up and comers like Eric Koch or Zhang.
Lesnar1
3/28/11 3:23:00AM
I think Sung Jung should face either Manny Gamburyan or Mark Hominick. Both these fights would be explosive.
Budgellism
3/28/11 7:27:48AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Budgellism

Both of those guys fight at 135, McDonald and Figueroa.

I could see Jung facing Cub Swanson, Nam Phan, Franciso Rivera or a new comer, but I doubt they put him against some of the up and comers like Eric Koch or Zhang.

Wow, sorry guys, I look dumb. I was pretty high at the time but I usually am so that's not much of an excuse. In that case put him in there with Koch maybe? Both are coming off of two very impressive wins. As far as Garcia goes I don't know then. Nothing really comes to mind. I still feel the same way about Jung though. 3 or 4 more wins if he can get them.
jimmyinfamous
3/28/11 3:00:40PM
Since it was originally supposed to Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia II, and seeing that Garcia just lost to Korean Zombie, they should do Phan vs. Korean Zombie.

emfleek
3/28/11 3:22:23PM

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Since it was originally supposed to Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia II, and seeing that Garcia just lost to Korean Zombie, they should do Phan vs. Korean Zombie.

Personally, I'd like to see Phan get his rematch against Garcia. He should've gotten the nod the first time around but got bent over by the judges.

The UFC needs to take their time with Jung. The dude is very marketable...

I say put him in against Cub Swanson or Semerzier.
Theoutlaw08
3/28/11 4:13:21PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by jimmyinfamous

Personally, I'd like to see Phan get his rematch against Garcia. He should've gotten the nod the first time around but got bent over by the judges.

The UFC needs to take their time with Jung. The dude is very marketable...

I say put him in against Cub Swanson or Semerzier.

I would agree with Korean Zombie vs. Cub.
Would be a good match.
prozacnation1978
3/28/11 4:16:32PM
I say cub swanson or mongalian wolf !!!
sbulldavid
3/28/11 7:26:01PM
Hey, I like that Mongolian Wolf idea, I'm interested in both of them stepping up at a slower pace, and it would be a good test for both.
TS92turbo
3/28/11 8:09:29PM
Basically, what I meant to say up in the thread, was that if Sung Jung fights 2 more guys, and wins, he should fight a top 10 fighter, if he beats that top 10 fighter, he should get a #1 contender shot, and if he wins......

ZOMBIE vs ALDO. If Zombie wins those fights, he could definitely compete at Aldo's level.

Hopefully Sung Jung will get to that level.