UFC Champions Poll Frankie Edgar

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Champions Poll Frankie Edgar
POLL: Who in the UFC LW division could beat Frankie Edgar right now?
Gray Maynard 82% (36)
Sean Sherk 0% (0)
B J Penn 0% (0)
George Sot...(yeah him)/Joe Lauzon winner 2% (1)
Evan Dunham/Kenny Florian winner 5% (2)
No One 11% (5)
jjeans
10/19/10 10:21:29AM
A while ago i did a piece UFC Champions Poll, BJ Penn

I am rebuffing/redoing this as new challengers and champions have emerged, and BJ as well as Machida have lost their championship

Please do take a moment to reread the old post, at the time it appeared we had written off Frankie Edgar with only 13% thinking he could write history, and a mass 43% believed him to be immortal, I being one of those

Who out of those 5 do you think could beat him? (and please take into account who will fight him next) If Other please leave a comment, thanks.

If you think for example, Evan Dunham could beat him, but you believe Gray Maynards going to be a challenge to difficult, bare in mind Maynards got a fight with him next, so select Maynard. Thanks
State_Champ
10/19/10 10:38:38AM
Maynard.
Maynard, already beat him and Maynard has a big size advantage that will only help him hold Edgar down to win a unanimous decision.

Man, I really hope I'm wrong, but I think Maynard is gonna be LW champ.
Pookie
10/19/10 11:59:33AM
I like Kenny Florians chances.

He has the right style to fight him everywhere.
PricklyPear
10/19/10 2:01:56PM
But unfortunately for Kenny, his days of fighting for the title are done.
Jackelope
10/19/10 2:11:05PM
I am also of the school of thought that says Florian could potentially beat Edgar. Also, I think people are selling Maynard short if they're not giving him a strong chance to beat Edgar. It wasn't too long ago that he did in pretty solid fashion.
jjeans
10/19/10 4:29:51PM

Posted by Jackelope

I am also of the school of thought that says Florian could potentially beat Edgar. Also, I think people are selling Maynard short if they're not giving him a strong chance to beat Edgar. It wasn't too long ago that he did in pretty solid fashion.

With 82% of the vote right now, i think people arent selling Maynard short
Aether
10/19/10 5:49:00PM
I think the question should be who has the BEST chance to beat him, because honestly I think every single guy on that poll could beat him if they show up at 100%

Gray has already done it, if Sherk actually used his wrestling the way he did when he was a champion I'm sure he could beat him. I also think Florian, Dunham, and Sotiropoulous would all have a shot at beating him too, although I probably would pick Edgar in most of those fights.
Jackelope
10/19/10 6:50:18PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Jackelope

With 82% of the vote right now, i think people arent selling Maynard short

Hence the

I think people are selling Maynard short IF they're not giving him a strong chance to beat Edgar.

warglory
10/23/10 11:30:26AM

Posted by PricklyPear

But unfortunately for Kenny, his days of fighting for the title are done.

Are done? Seriously? The dude is the Jon Fitch of the division, you cannot count him out...ever.