who will be the next champion? (any weight)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who will be the next champion? (any weight)
flyingknee85
7/7/10 3:43:26AM
who do u guys think will be the next guy to win a belt in any weight division? Its possible the no1 guys will lose their match for title so who might be after them? I dont think sonnen will beat silva so im gonna say bj, but if neither of them do it i cant see anyone dethroning our current champs, thoughts?
postman
7/7/10 8:52:58AM
HW: Cain
LW: BJ Penn
BW: Faber
Wallass
7/7/10 9:13:34AM
Cain and BJ!
emfleek
7/7/10 9:32:28AM
HW: Junior dos Santos*
LHW: Lyoto Machida**
MW: Vitor Belfort***
WW: ???****
LW: BJ Penn*****

* I think Lesnar will reign for a while, though.
** Machida will fight for the interim title and win.
*** After Anderson moves to 205 (or retires)
**** I honestly have no clue. Unless GSP decides to go to 185, I think he's going to rule the division for the foreseeable future.
***** I have a feeling that we're going to see the best BJ Penn we've ever seen in the Edgar rematch.
sparky
7/7/10 9:58:37AM

Posted by emfleek

HW: Junior dos Santos*
LHW: Lyoto Machida**
MW: Vitor Belfort***
WW: ???****
LW: BJ Penn*****

I agree other than machida
chickmagnet
7/7/10 11:37:15AM
Chael Sonnen!!
Jackelope
7/7/10 11:43:35AM
BJ Penn
AchillesHeel
7/7/10 12:37:18PM
I'll jump on the B.J. Penn Bandwagon. It'll be interesting to see how he and Edgar approach each other the second time around, but unless I hear something that makes me rethink it, I call Penn the favorite.
prozacnation1978
7/7/10 12:42:32PM
Bj penn will get his title back
flyingknee85
7/7/10 1:33:41PM
i agree with the gsp comments. Although im getting a little bored of his dry humping, it will continue for a very long time, unless i can cut to 170 and kick his ass! Wait a minute i cant even forsee that in my head so guess ill not bother. Best thing bout the sport is how unpredictable it is tho, so anything can and probably will happen over the coming months...could have a clean sweep of new champs
gartface
7/7/10 1:52:15PM
BJ Penn and Manvel Gamburyan
Taylor8766
7/7/10 2:32:19PM

Posted by Wallass

Cain and BJ!

jjeans
7/7/10 3:14:29PM
HW: JDS ( 2 fights away)
LHW: Forrest Griffin/Silva (2 fights away)
MW: Belfort (1 fight away)
WW: John Fitch (6 fights away)
LW: BJ Penn (1 fight away)

HW, Brock Vs Velasquez, Brock Vs JDS
LHW Shogun Vs Rashad, Shogun Vs Forrest 2 (if Griffin winnings too unrealistic) Shogun Vs Silva
MW: Silva Vs Sonnen, Silva steps up a weight
WW: GSP Vs Kos 2, GSP Vs Alves 2, GSP Vs Hughes 4, GSP Vs Kampmann, GSP Vs BJ Penn 3 GSP Vs Fitch 2
LW: Edgar Vs BJ
Violence108
7/7/10 4:30:44PM
HW-Cain
LWH- Lil Nog
MW-it depends on when Silva changes weight classes or retires
WW-KOSCHECK
LW-Kenny Florian
postman
7/7/10 6:14:15PM
No love for Faber at BW?
BustedKnuckle
7/7/10 8:00:20PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Chael Sonnen!!

BOO THIS MAN!!!!! JK But IMO Chael is the furthest away from the title than any other contender. Hell I give Roy Nelson a better chance of beating Brock....not kidding!!! I have to side with BJ here. As his fight with Edgar was razor close. All props to Frank in winning, but I think BJ regains the title in thier next fight!

EDIT: And sorry Gartface, even though I like "The Anvil" much more than Sonnen. His chances of beating Aldo are about the same as Sonnens against Silva
TheGodfather1024
7/7/10 9:15:06PM
PENN
chickmagnet
7/8/10 8:27:35PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Posted by chickmagnet

Chael Sonnen!!

BOO THIS MAN!!!!! JK But IMO Chael is the furthest away from the title than any other contender. Hell I give Roy Nelson a better chance of beating Brock....not kidding!!! I have to side with BJ here. As his fight with Edgar was razor close. All props to Frank in winning, but I think BJ regains the title in thier next fight!

EDIT: And sorry Gartface, even though I like "The Anvil" much more than Sonnen. His chances of beating Aldo are about the same as Sonnens against Silva

We can agree to disagree hahah
KronicBuboniK
7/11/10 12:55:57AM

Posted by chickmagnet

Chael Sonnen!!

Lil_Copper
7/11/10 7:30:59AM
HW: Cain or Lesnar stays
LHW: Rashad for Interim but Rua will stay
MW: Rich Franklin (After A.Silva leaves lol)
WW: GSP until he becomes 36 and has no more explosiveness lol
LW: I'm hoping Frankie, but Penn will most likely stay champ if Gray can't bully him.