Former UFC Champion Tim Sylvia is Jason Vorhees of the “Friday the 13th” Movie Franchise

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Former UFC Champion Tim Sylvia is Jason Vorhees of the “Friday the 13th” Movie Franchise
emfleek
9/3/09 10:39:41AM
Former UFC heavyweight champion “Maine-iac” Tim Sylvia (24-6) is currently in Boston playing horror film icon Jason Vorhees in the yet-to-be-titled “Friday the 13th” sequel, Fighters.com has confirmed with a source close to the fighter.

On a three-fight losing streak and most recently on the horizontal end of a “Merciless” Ray Mercer (1-0) nine-second knockout at Adrenaline MMA 3 in Birmingham 13 June, Sylvia will get to diggin’ himself out of the deepest trench of his underrated career versus Jason Riley (6-1), at Adrenaline MMA 4 in Omaha 18 September.

STORY
Wallass
9/3/09 10:41:06AM
LOL hilarious. Well at least hell be able to beat a few people in this one :).
mrsmiley
9/3/09 10:49:56AM
Oh hell no!

Kane Hodder were are you!

Oh sweet irony.

My favirote horror movie monster being played by possibly my least favirote fighter of all time.

God has got a sense of humor.That much is for sure.
Wallass
9/3/09 11:18:17AM
LOL @ above statement. Lets hope this makes serious money and they look to do another Alien vs Predator or Jason vs Freddy movie. This time maybe Kane from See No Evil and Tim from the new Jason? The fight we all wish had been true?!
emfleek
9/3/09 11:21:32AM

Posted by Wallass

Lets hope this makes serious money and they look to do another Alien vs Predator or Jason vs Freddy movie.

Or not? You just named two of the most pathetic movies of all-time. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE movies. I'd rather eat a swimming pool full of a Rosie O'Donnell's diahrrea than watch either of those movies.
MisterFreeze
9/3/09 11:39:47AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wallass

Lets hope this makes serious money and they look to do another Alien vs Predator or Jason vs Freddy movie.

Or not? You just named two of the most pathetic movies of all-time. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE movies. I'd rather eat a swimming pool full of a Rosie O'Donnell's diahrrea than watch either of those movies.

Wow.... I puked in my mouth alittle.
Anyway, This isn't true.
The last Friday the 13th movie did very well in the box office, and the actor who played him 'Derek Mears' got excellent reviews.
This is just not true people. Trust me, in a few days we're gonna read an article interviewing Tim Sylvia, asking about him playing Jason and he's gonna be like "What? I don't know anything about that, but that would be pretty sweet, but no it's not true."
This is a fake article
grappler0000
9/3/09 12:02:19PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

This is a fake article

I beg to differ...

Giant_Ochai
9/3/09 12:27:27PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wallass

I'm sure you enjoy High School Musical.
Wallass
9/3/09 12:30:15PM
Oh come on they arent that bad. I own both and the Freddy smoking the bong is worth watching for that reason only. If your not gonna take them seriously, they are good for a laugh though.
fizzle
9/3/09 1:00:05PM
How sweet would it be if they crossed over both cross over movies, Aliens VS Predator VS Freddy VS Jason. Best free for all ever lmao.

I have this mental picture of aliens just spitting acid at Jason and him not caring in the slightest and trying to hack em up with a machete.
Awful movies but I've seen worse and I agree, they're good for a laugh as long as its on TV and you don't have to pay for it (even though you pay for the movie channels... well yeah you get my point though)
emfleek
9/3/09 1:05:50PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I'm sure you enjoy High School Musical.

No, I enjoy good movies and neither movie is worth a damn.
cowcatcher
9/3/09 1:17:49PM
neither of those movies were that bad, when you watch a horror flick you have to take it with a grain of salt, but i kind of liked them both and im usually a pretty harsh critic, although freddy vs jason came out way too late.
emfleek
9/3/09 1:18:32PM

Posted by cowcatcher

neither of those movies were that bad, when you watch a horror flick you have to take it with a grain of salt, but i kind of liked them both and im usually a pretty harsh critic, although freddy vs jason came out way too late.

Typical Brewers fan.

cowcatcher
9/3/09 1:19:48PM
KaibaThedon
9/3/09 1:26:20PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wallass

This made me laugh out loud.

I'll be using this in the future. LOL
sparky
9/3/09 2:59:08PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Oh hell no!

Kane Hodder were are you!

Oh sweet irony.

My favirote horror movie monster being played by possibly my least favirote fighter of all time.

God has got a sense of humor.That much is for sure.

hahahah thats what im sayin bro i love Jason and im not fan of Tim kind of makes me upset in a way
EvenFlow
9/3/09 3:03:13PM
Whats wrong with Alien vs Predator? sure there wasnt a lot of killing that makes a good horror movie, but it had its moments.
emfleek
9/3/09 4:47:44PM
*** CONFIRMED ***

According to Monte Cox...

LINK
MisterFreeze
9/3/09 10:33:12PM

Posted by emfleek

*** CONFIRMED ***

According to Monte Cox...

LINK

No it's not!!! Go to IMDB.com, There isn't anytype of script even written for a Friday the 13th sequel, let alone have they begun any filming.
This is all pure Bullshit.
MisterFreeze
9/3/09 10:36:12PM
And even when they do begin filming a sequel, Derek Mears is already contracually obligated to continue his role as Jason!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1388372/

**** you guys, stop believing everything you read!
emfleek
9/3/09 11:00:52PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

And even when they do begin filming a sequel, Derek Mears is already contracually obligated to continue his role as Jason!!

He's not playing THE role. He's the stand-in according to Monte Cox.
postman
9/3/09 11:02:33PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Wow stepping to a mod ballsy
MisterFreeze
9/3/09 11:43:20PM

Posted by postman

Posted by MisterFreeze

LOL, no it's not like that. I just think it's funny that these rumors get spread, and then they get disproven, and then they get proven and then they get disproven again.
emfleek
9/4/09 8:26:51AM
Well, here's how I see it.

I'm going to believe something based on...

1.) 2 articles that are posted online.
2.) A fighter's manager confirming those "rumors" to be true.

...and NOT based on...

1.) A random messageboard post from someone who, as far as I know, has no way to prove whether or not he's right or wrong.

No offense to you, MisterFreeze. That's just how I see it.

Now, if it turns out to be false...so be it. I'm not a Timmeh fan and I'm not a fan of the Friday the 13th series, so I really don't care one way or the other.

Carry on!

emfleek
9/4/09 8:27:42AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

LOL, no it's not like that. I just think it's funny that these rumors get spread, and then they get disproven, and then they get proven and then they get disproven again.

FYI - I never felt like you was "stepping to a mod". Friendly discussion/dispute. It's all good!
MisterFreeze
9/4/09 2:56:02PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by MisterFreeze

He's not playing THE role. He's the stand-in according to Monte Cox.

Oh! the stand in.... hmm, well thats kinda different. So basically the rumor is that he is the stunt double or something like that?

And yeah I totally understand where you're coming from, you are right I really have no way to prove or disprove my claims. I'm just a fan of the new movie thats all.