Which Champion Will Retire A Champion?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Which Champion Will Retire A Champion?
Ultimate_fighter
6/23/07 1:26:24AM
Which champion will retire a champion in the next 5 years?
CWall33
6/23/07 3:53:43AM
Fedor.

Scott_Revels
6/23/07 5:52:33AM
Before Rampage beat him, and all these new Light Heavies moving over from Pride, I would've said Chuck. I honestly don't believe that any of them are good enough to retire with their championship, unless maybe Randy Couture beats Gonzaga, and then immediately retires for good. None of the other champions are anywhere near retiring, so i'd have to go with Randy Couture, after defending the title against Gonzaga, Cro Cop, and hopefully someone like Nogueira. I don't think Couture could be Fedor, so he'd better retire before facing Fedor.
Aether
6/23/07 6:16:29AM
I doubt if any of them will. If anyone can do it it's fedor, but I doubt even that will happen. Someone will beat him eventually most likely... this sport is too dynamic for anyone to defend a belt indefinitely.
Signal2112
6/23/07 6:42:08AM
If anyone can do it I think it will be Fedor.
Roadwings
6/23/07 7:44:49AM
Cro Cop.
AmericanFighterAce
6/23/07 8:18:58AM
Hollywood Dan Henderson
cincyassasin
6/23/07 8:31:10AM
The Natural.......
Trol
6/23/07 12:04:32PM
Fedor is probably the only one that I think may retire a champ.

I just hope Randy will fight Fedor before he retires again.
MattHughesFan
6/23/07 12:13:03PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Before Rampage beat him, and all these new Light Heavies moving over from Pride, I would've said Chuck. I honestly don't believe that any of them are good enough to retire with their championship, unless maybe Randy Couture beats Gonzaga, and then immediately retires for good. None of the other champions are anywhere near retiring, so i'd have to go with Randy Couture, after defending the title against Gonzaga, Cro Cop, and hopefully someone like Nogueira. I don't think Couture could be Fedor, so he'd better retire before facing Fedor.

well Randy is still contracted to 2 more fights after the GG fight so if he does defends his belt against him he won't be able to retire. I can still see him retiring with the belt though if he gets past GG. I don't think Fedor's coming to the UFC and if Tim wins his next fight or so u got to there gonna have a rematch which i think randy will win so he's got to beat one more opponent after GG and possibly Tim. I think he can retire with the belt
mk1630
6/23/07 12:47:54PM
I doubt the UFC wants Big Tim anywhere near a title shot right now. Hell get lucky if he gets one in his next 3 or 4 fights.
hippysmacker
6/23/07 1:18:20PM
While it is a excellent point that Randy only has 2 more contracted fights, if one of them Is Fedor I fear he will get a bad beating. So unless he actually retires after winning both fights, I have to agree that Fedor is the most likely.
Manfred
6/23/07 2:41:14PM

Posted by Roadwings

Cro Cop.

If he gets a shot in the next 3 fights (they won't let him have a shot on his last fight and he has 4 left) then he has the bast chance since he said he's retiring after this contract.

Since Hendo/Rampage seems to be a move towards unifing the belts, No one else is likely to retire Champ, unless of course Fedor comes to terms with the UFC and stops messing around with BoDog and M-1 MFC or whatever it's called.
Mastodon2
6/23/07 6:23:41PM
Fedor can do it, "They say no one can stop him"...

Cro Cop might do it, grab the belt, defend it a few times then retire.
ButterBalls
6/23/07 6:51:03PM
A year ago I would have sand Wandy....but now who knows?

I think the closest it will get is Fedor, or possibly Frank Shamrock now. He retires every year or two anyways.
Piccosaur
6/23/07 7:01:33PM
Fedor obviously.
nibrack11
6/23/07 7:32:10PM
fedor but i dont think he will retire in the next 5 years so i think randy but he only has 3 more fights so maybe liddell he might win it back and then retire with it i dont know i dont think anyone is good enough to hold the belt and retire except fedor he has an undefeated record if it wasnt for that 17 sec cut that was so luck;y.
chuckw94
6/24/07 1:52:34AM
i think Fedor can do it. nobody can stop him right now.
the_Advocate
6/24/07 4:18:19AM
i doubt any will retire as champion....Randy would have the best opportunity but i believe he will compete until he is beaten and feels as though he can't compete at this level any longer...and sadly, Gonzaga may be that man?...never doubt "the Natural" though!?
blkssncpt
6/24/07 5:52:23AM

Posted by cincyassasin

The Natural.......