UFC champion Jon Jones arrested on DUI charge, management 'still gathering facts'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC champion Jon Jones arrested on DUI charge, management 'still gathering facts'
« Previous Page
jjeans
5/19/12 6:46:21PM

Posted by prophecy033

@Chael_Sonnen- that is the GREATEST av Ever....Ever

I know!!!! I PM'd Chael himself to tell him of the epicness
KungFuMaster
5/19/12 6:52:21PM
So - do we all agree Jones is a punk?

All in favor - say aye.

Shawn91111
5/19/12 7:24:14PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

All in favor - say aye.

He's a punk because he gets a dui? Something im sure many of us in our early 20's have done one time or another. He got caught
Adrenaline
5/19/12 7:32:33PM
Gotta love Wiki

LINK
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jakewalters
5/19/12 7:33:20PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by KungFuMaster

All in favor - say aye.

He's a punk because he gets a dui? Something im sure many of us in our early 20's have done one time or another. He got caught

But not all of us have done this while preaching to the world that we live a squeaky clean lifestyle.

I wonder if this church-boy persona is going to start to, or has already started to crumble.
hashyandy4
5/19/12 7:38:54PM
This sucks for Bones, but he'll be fine
KungFuMaster
5/19/12 7:59:25PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Gotta love Wiki

LINK

I love it.
jakewalters
5/19/12 8:15:58PM
Just in case it gets changed before someone sees it...

aussiemma
5/19/12 8:59:31PM
the downward spiral begins....
Wolfenstein
5/19/12 9:21:58PM
Remember this?

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy.”

That was just over a month ago.

bjj1605
5/19/12 11:35:12PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Remember this?

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy.”

Priceless.

Shawn91111
5/20/12 8:14:29AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Remember this?

Then I definitely stand corrected. I had not seen that quote before, thanks
icantthinkofanything
5/20/12 11:08:04AM
Here goes the downward spiral of Jones. GSP would not ever do that, Jones ruined his role model status, and he was on a beer commercial for bayou event i think where he said drink responsibly, hypocritical but not suprising.
State_Champ
5/20/12 11:45:11AM

Posted by ncordless

. . .and NEW light heavyweight champion of the world . . . Utility Pole!!!!!!!

Finally some one who could overcome Jones' reach.
KingCmb
5/20/12 12:39:28PM
Hendo still hits harder
cowcatcher
5/20/12 1:14:27PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Remember this?

I was just going to post this.

I hate hypocrisy, and this is it, pure and unabashed, at it's worst. Then again, I'd bet most people admonishing him have gotten behind the wheel after having a few at least one time in their lives. Like Prophecy said, glass houses.

He made a mistake. It was a really stupid mistake, but it's part of growing up and becoming a better person, and we've all done stupid shit. Thankfully no one was hurt, and hopefully the guy comes out the other end as a smarter/better person after everything is said and done.
BossHog
5/20/12 1:50:36PM
Anybody think Jones is going to start slacking and taking opponents lightly?
Shawn91111
5/20/12 1:57:10PM

Posted by BossHog

Has he shown one instance of this?
george112
5/20/12 3:05:14PM
Everyone goes through this

Hes allowed to have a good time and make a mistake. So what he said he wouldn't get a DWI big deal. There have been PLENTY of sports stars say things and then go do them. Of course its going to make headlines but so what . He's still the champ. It had pretty much nothing to do with with his actual fighting career other than him saying he wouldn't do it.

Totally different than Nick Diaz saying he would do something and no showing.

My post isn't in defense of Jones. I don't think what he did was a good idea. But at the same time I think this is the perfect reason for people to start hating him even more.
Samps
5/20/12 3:16:47PM
Still respect Jones as a fighter, but I lost a little respect for him as person. I know an above post mentioned this, but I have to disagree. This IS kind of like Diaz, except not as worst. Losing respect for a fighter as a person, but not as a fighter. That's where the camparison ends though
george112
5/20/12 3:22:48PM

Posted by Samps

Still respect Jones as a fighter, but I lost a little respect for him as person. I know an above post mentioned this, but I have to disagree. This IS kind of like Diaz, except not as worst. Losing respect for a fighter as a person, but not as a fighter. That's where the camparison ends though

Jones was doing his own thing during his own PRIVATE life.

Nick on the other hand wasn't doing his own thing during his downtime. Call it like a day off. He was supposed to be somewhere do a job. And he didnt.

I do agree that Nicks case is more serious
Pookie
5/20/12 11:01:53PM
I gotta disagree here. A DUI is much worse, to me, than not showing up to work.
george112
5/20/12 11:04:53PM

Posted by Pookie

I gotta disagree here. A DUI is much worse, to me, than not showing up to work.

I agree with you.

But Jones was on his day off. Nick wasn't. Thats all I was trying to say
jakewalters
5/21/12 2:46:22AM

Posted by george112

Nick on the other hand wasn't doing his own thing during his downtime. Call it like a day off. He was supposed to be somewhere do a job. And he didnt.

Gotta disagree with you man. Jones was on a public roadway putting everyone else on the road with him in danger. I understand where you're coming from, but Nick missing a press conference & a grappling match pales in comparison to driving drunk.
jakewalters
5/21/12 2:48:10AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BossHog

That why he used the term "start". This could be a sign of things to come.. Who knows.
Shawn91111
5/21/12 8:21:09AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BossHog

That why he used the term "start". This could be a sign of things to come.. Who knows.

Why stop there why not say he might start becoming an alcoholic and drug abuser
george112
5/21/12 9:30:05AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by george112

Gotta disagree with you man. Jones was on a public roadway putting everyone else on the road with him in danger. I understand where you're coming from, but Nick missing a press conference & a grappling match pales in comparison to driving drunk.

My bad I meant more serious as far as career wise. Not actual seriousness like in life.
BossHog
5/22/12 12:38:24PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BossHog

Not that I've seen that's why I asked if anyone thinks he eventually will. Will be hard not to slack off if he keeps dominating like he has.

Lots of times you see dominant athletes get hit with a loss that jolts them into taking it to a whole new level. Would be scary to see something like this with JBJ.
jakewalters
5/22/12 7:11:27PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by BossHog

Why stop there why not say he might start becoming an alcoholic and drug abuser

Maybe he does lol. It's obvious the guy has a few demons..
Pages: 1 [2]