Champ Watson out, Wallhead in against Trigg in BAMMA 7 headliner

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Champ Watson out, Wallhead in against Trigg in BAMMA 7 headliner
pmoney
8/9/11 5:58:30PM
BAMMA middleweight champion Tom Watson (14-4) has been scratched from next month's BAMMA 7 headliner with a back injury.

In his place steps Bellator veteran "Judo" Jim Wallhead (21-6), who now meets Frank Trigg (21-8) in a non-title fight at the Sept. 10 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the switch with sources close to the event.

Article
Budgellism
8/9/11 6:19:58PM
Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to that fight.
PABLOMAFIOSO
8/9/11 7:57:05PM
Anyone else suspect Watson may be offered an undercard spot at UFC 138?
With the likes of some UK guys they are signing he should be considered.
Budgellism
8/9/11 8:06:54PM

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

Anyone else suspect Watson may be offered an undercard spot at UFC 138?
With the likes of some UK guys they are signing he should be considered.

I'd like to see him there.
Cooler
8/10/11 12:33:35AM
Kong Watson was gonna ktfo Trigg if you ask me, im not liking Judo Jims chances here.
MMAcca
8/11/11 5:34:09PM
Andre Winner has just been added to the card:

In addition to Winner vs Ball, seven other prelim fights have been announced by BAMMA this afternoon. Coventry based kickboxing champion Pindi Madahar will make his professional MMA debut against Portsmouth’s Danny Compton and fellow Midlands fighter Eugene Fadiora will be looking to bounce back from his loss to Gunnar Nelson at BAMMA 4 by taking on top Irish contender Robert Devanne. Tim Newman steps in to take on Shan Omer with former Royal Marine Dale Hardiman fighting Scott Jansen. Lee Taylor returns after his 2nd round TKO win at BAMMA 6 to fight Birmingham based Tom Breese, Richard Walker will take on Shah Hussein and Fraser Opie returns after his BAMMA 6 loss to Ryan White, looking for redemption against Robert Krecicki. The remainder of the card, which is headlined by ‘Judo’ Jim Wallhead vs Frank Trigg, Leonardo Santos vs Rob Sinclair for the lightweight title and Efrain Escudero vs Tim Radcliffe, is expected to be released in the coming days.