Former UFC Champ Loses Boxing Match

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Former UFC Champ Loses Boxing Match
MMAcca
7/9/08 1:55:16AM
Former UFC heavyweight champ Ricco Rodriguez lost in a split decision Tuesday night as boxing returned to the Las Vegas Hilton.

Rodriguez looks huge. But not in a good way like Kaspars Kambala. Ricco tipped the scales at 270 pounds.

Let’s put it this way, Ricco doesn’t look very suave.

He had Xtreme Couture boxing coach Ron Frazier in his corner and wore a pair of trunks with a Throwdown logo in an odd homage to MMA.

LINK
joshryanshepherd
7/9/08 2:45:50AM
is there anywhere i can see this match online? and i was wondering why haven't you MMAcca gotten a news mogul badge? because quite frankly you post more news than most others i have seen with the badge
McBee
7/9/08 3:11:17AM
there are way too many lightweights in the UFC, some of them need to go to the WEC........Gurgel?
joshryanshepherd
7/9/08 3:23:14AM

Posted by McBee

there are way too many lightweights in the UFC, some of them need to go to the WEC........Gurgel?

theirs like 40 lightweight fighters in the UFC but like 18 or so in WEC i think a few would do better in WEC just pad there records and then come back...
CornishMMA
7/9/08 8:34:17AM
They really know what they are talking about dont they 270lbs is a good weight for Ricco since he was over 300lbs, obviously he still needs to lose another 20 or 30 but he is smaller than he was so
RMFG_187
7/9/08 9:09:33AM

Posted by McBee

whats this gotta do with Ricco's boxing? not that it matters, i just wanna know how u took the jump from others calling him fat, to talkin bout lightweight