UFC champ Jose Aldo fires back, asks Dana White to book Anthony Pettis fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC champ Jose Aldo fires back, asks Dana White to book Anthony Pettis fight
Webbie
9/2/13 4:13:43PM
UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo (23-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC) doesn't appreciate the suggestion that he might be afraid of fighting new lightweight kingpin Anthony Pettis (17-2 MMA, 4-1 UFC). In fact, Aldo said he's not even afraid of fighting heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez.

Link
Webbie
9/2/13 4:15:19PM
I love it.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, DANA!

Let's see this thing happen before we miss out on another superfight.
Poor_Franklin
9/2/13 4:20:27PM
Budgellism
9/2/13 4:26:46PM
This will be a good fight but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Grant to get the fight first.
FastKnockout
9/2/13 4:37:28PM
Hate to put on my tin foil hat but it wouldn't surprise me if this was all Dana White. He knows Pettis/Aldo is the money fight in the lower divisions and this is a good way to pass up Grant again. He's going to say he tried to set up Pettis/Grant but Pettis and Aldo wouldn't have it.
sparky
9/2/13 4:38:03PM
I hope they make this fight happen at LW so neither guy has to cut much weight
Lungsofsteel
9/2/13 4:59:54PM
Aldo by neck-crank
airkerma
9/2/13 5:20:09PM
Shouldn't Pettis defend his belt like...once before it's even a super fight?
Webbie
9/2/13 6:18:22PM

Posted by sparky

I hope they make this fight happen at LW so neither guy has to cut much weight

Same here. If not, then 150 would be perfect.

Aldo will need all the stamina he can get for this fight.
Michael_Corleone
9/2/13 7:42:13PM

Posted by airkerma

Shouldn't Pettis defend his belt like...once before it's even a super fight?

I see your point, but why risk the payday?
infestructure
9/2/13 7:42:48PM
This would be a superfight in my eyes, even without any title defenses from Pettis. The two most dynamic strikers imo, should be a war
Dberntson
9/2/13 8:54:13PM
Personally, I would prefer Pettis vs. Grant and Aldo vs. Mendes. If both win, then a super fight would be nice.
Webbie
9/2/13 9:28:55PM

Posted by Dberntson

Personally, I would prefer Pettis vs. Grant and Aldo vs. Mendes. If both win, then a super fight would be nice.

But if one of them loses it completely ruins the superfight.

That's why I think they need to put the fight together immediately. Why waste yet another opportunity for an epic superfight?

Grant and Mendes will both still be available for title shots after the superfight is out of the way. They could even have Mendes fight Lamas in the meantime, and Grant could fight Bendo or the Melendez/Sanchez winner (Melendez).

The UFC can't lose by making Aldo/Pettis. Do it, Dana
sparky
9/2/13 10:26:01PM

Posted by Dberntson

If the UFC matches Pettis up with Grant I'm cool with that but Aldo should be facing Lamas next in my opinion not Mendes.

I only want to see the Aldo vs Mendes, Edgar & Cub rematches after there isnt any new blood for Jose to fight and Lamas has done more then enough to earn a title shot.
aussiemma
9/3/13 4:03:54AM
Yeah baby !! This is what I want to hear... Both guys wanna fight each other which is freakin unbelievable... It's been like 2 years of bullshit between gsp, silva and jones... And these two come out straight away saying they want each other.. Great !

Tj is gonna be pissed though.

And also I think Pettis can finish him.
TheCatFather
9/3/13 1:49:40PM
Velasquez vs. Aldo
GDPofMPG
9/3/13 2:18:17PM
From a 155 perspective, I'd like to see Pettis go back to what he wanted before, cut the weight and pursue the fight he wanted with Aldo.

TJ grant is my #1 contender at LW, but any fight of Adlo vs Pettis takes precedence for me.

Order of the fights I'd like to see Pettis in next
vs Aldo at 145
vs Grant
vs Aldo at 155
vs Melendez after he destroys Sanchez
vs Dos Anjos
vs Winner of Healy vs Nurmagomedov
vs Henderson III

My LW rankings
1 Pettis
2 Melendez
3 Chandler