Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch title fight headlines UFC 149 in Calgary

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch title fight headlines UFC 149 in Calgary
Budgellism
4/28/12 2:39:22PM
A featherweight title fight between champion Jose Aldo (21-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and challenger Erik Koch (13-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will headline July's UFC 149 event in Calgary.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the plans with multiple sources, who said bout agreements will soon be finalized.

At a recent press conference, UFC president Dana White suggested Aldo could be moved from UFC 149 to UFC 147 in Brazil, but a source close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com the champ wouldn't be ready in time for the earlier date.

Instead, Aldo remains on the Canadian card, which takes place July 21 at Calgary's Scotiabank Saddledome. The main card airs on pay-per-view, and FX and Facebook are expected to carry the prelims.

LINK
Wallass
4/28/12 3:20:18PM
Woo hoo Aldo staying on the Calgary card. This is gonna be a "slobberknocker"!
Chael_Sonnen
4/28/12 3:25:42PM
Koch - - 4th rd TKO

After the loss, JoeZAAAY will move to 55.
Manak
4/28/12 3:41:26PM
sux for the brazil card, it from being in an epic 80,000 attendance event to just another UFC
Budgellism
4/28/12 3:50:45PM
Yup. It's definitely lacking with the fights they have booked so far. They need a new main event or a really enticing main card bout to really save this thing.
Sir_Karl
4/28/12 9:09:53PM
I would absolutely love to see Koch pull off a miracle and beat Aldo.
TeamDEY
4/28/12 11:13:44PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Koch - - 4th rd TKO

You must be on drugs... Koch doesn't stand a chance
theman209
4/29/12 12:05:40AM
Koch is the only real contender left since Hioki turned down the shot so I don't really blame 'em for that. Koch may actually have a slightly better chance than Poirier but Hioki would still be the guy I'd say has the best chance of anyone currently in the FW division of beating Aldo. Should be an entertaining fight regardless..

I take issue with how some people are saying the FW division is garbage. In about a year, this division will be one of the deepest in the UFC but the problem right now is that all the top prospects just aren't quite ready to challenge Aldo and part of that has to do with just how dominant Aldo has been anyway. On paper, the LHW division is probably the weakest but that is probably only because JJ has cleaned out the division's top guys in such record time..
jay98107
4/29/12 12:09:43AM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Koch - - 4th rd TKO

You must be on drugs... Koch doesn't stand a chance

Check the name, classic Sonnen.
prozacnation1978
4/29/12 2:00:41AM
Pushes Jones vs hendo to another card

I do feel bad for Brazil. They don't even have tickets on sale yet. Ufc can not pack a pay per view card with tuf Brazil fighters. They need to start adding some fights to it. Lil nog. Shogun or machida
Chael_Sonnen
4/29/12 2:11:53AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Pushes Jones vs hendo to another card

I do feel bad for Brazil. They don't even have tickets on sale yet. Ufc can not pack a pay per view card with tuf Brazil fighters. They need to start adding some fights to it. Lil nog. Shogun or machida

I feel bad for Brazil as well....apparently they only have one computer and one black and white tv for everyone to share
tcunningham
4/29/12 2:16:03AM
i think is aldo is a great fighter but im ready for the division to get shaken up a bit. i would like to see aldo lose his belt and see a few other fight gor it after. i just dont want the division to get boring. koch is not that guy