UFC Champ Jon Jones Posts Facebook Statement On DUI Arrest

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Champ Jon Jones Posts Facebook Statement On DUI Arrest
FastKnockout
5/21/12 1:13:45PM
"Man I haven't added anyone new to my Facebook page in like three years and right now I'm so glad that I haven't. It has literally been sickening to have so many people try to kick me while I'm down. At the same time, I totally understand, I gave them the leeway to. I screwed up, big time. Just needed to say thank you to all you guys for being amazing friends/supporters.

Always having to deal with so many critics, haters and fickle mma fans, I almost forgot how strong of a home base I had (607 and people that knew me before I was a champion fighter). Although the hell that will come with this hasn't even started yet, I want you guys to know how much better you've all made me feel, not only about this situation but about life, everything. It's good to feel that people are there and care. With that being said, I felt I should apologize to you first.

I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself, that no matter what is happening in life, we can always work our way back and make things even better than before. Reading you guys uplifting comments was a great reminder for me to not give up on who I am or all the hateful people. I'm not gonna allow this situation to outweigh the positive. I love you guys right back and I promise to make things right. PS sorry about the terrible grammar :)"

LINK
postman
5/21/12 1:19:49PM
As posted in the other Thread:

“We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy.” - Jon Jones

Nothing better then someone who messes up %100 his fault then turns it on the fans that are disappionted at him. Grow up Jon Jones your not a kid anymore.
Chael_Sonnen
5/22/12 9:26:23AM
There is no growth without pain. Small price to pay for the lesson learned.

As I'm typing that, I'm jamming to Have a Drink on Me by AC/DC
airkerma
5/22/12 9:33:26AM
I know I'll be preaching to the choir, but this nonsense is more ridiculous than bugs flying into zappers willingly. I get that rolling fat in the bentley is ballin as hell, but as a normal human, I would much rather have someone constantly driving me wherever I want to go, even if I'm not drinking. Why huge athletes with nothing to gain keep doing this is mind boggling. Hell, he could even roll everywhere in a Limo...but why wouldn't he/they? Also, in my opinion there is a significant difference to blowing over the limit vs. smashing your car into something while intoxicated. Why not just make your buddy drive you around? He's a damn superstar, doesn't he normally roll with an entourage?
Edit: I guess Jones is tired of fighting for the [UFC] gold...it's time to turn gold into platinum
Sir_Karl
5/22/12 10:21:46AM
Jones admits to screwing up big time. I wonder if he would have thought that way if he didn't wreck his $400,000 Bentley and got caught driving under the influence? If Jones would have made it home okay just like who knows how many other nights I don't think he would have felt he did anything wrong. This is just my opinion but I think that in Jone Jones' eyes....his only screw up is like I said...the fact that he wrecked his absurdly expensive car and got busted driving drunk. NOT....the fact that he PUT OTHER PEOPLE'S LIVES IN DANGER. I was never a fan of Jones...his DUI charge made me like him even less....and his response and explanation was the final straw. Someone needs to bust his ego. I hope Hendo puts his lights out and takes his title. Maybe that will humble Jones a little and bring him back to earth.
postman
5/22/12 12:19:12PM
I think I heard the NFL has a car service so the players in each city can get home safe at no cost to them. Can you imagine how cool that would be for the guys making 6,000 to show if the UFC did that for them.