Champ Dominick Cruz gets Urijah Faber next, TUF 14 coaching slots possible

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Champ Dominick Cruz gets Urijah Faber next, TUF 14 coaching slots possible
pmoney
3/20/11 1:58:51PM
NEWARK, N.J. – UFC president Dana White isn't yet ready to dub UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber coaches for the upcoming 14th season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

But he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he's not closing the door on the possibility either.

Regardless of the possible reality-show duties, one thing is certain: the long-awaited Cruz (17-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) vs. Faber (25-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) rematch is going to happen.

Article
postman
3/20/11 2:55:31PM
All I could think during that first round was man if Eddie pulls an upset Tuf 14 is going to be tricky
quezocrema0032
3/20/11 3:34:18PM
I hope they both do coach tuf we could be looking at the first big 135 lb fight. I do think from what I saw last night cruz will deff beat faber in the rematch. Cruzs wrestling will be the deciding factor.
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/11 3:41:23PM
This would be perfect to have the lighter guys train the lighter guys and have them introduced into the UFC into a brighter spot.

Then you have the fact that Cruz and Faber dont like each other. Then putting Cruz on TUF it could give him some extra time to heal.
Budgellism
3/20/11 4:15:17PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

This would be perfect to have the lighter guys train the lighter guys and have them introduced into the UFC into a brighter spot.

Then you have the fact that Cruz and Faber dont like each other. Then putting Cruz on TUF it could give him some extra time to heal.

It makes a lot of sense and I don't really see any negatives. I think it would be an excellent way to introduce these guys to the strictly ufc fans as well. Faber's camp has also produced some very good fighters in the last few years so that makes me think he's an excellent coach. I enjoy watching fighters that can actually coach on TUF. That's how I became a GSP fan. When Shamrock coached his guys in season 3 I had a hard time watching. Awful coaching.
FastKnockout
3/20/11 9:09:18PM
I'm not interested in seeing Cruz on TUF. Make it Faber and Torres and I'm there.
MiniMan
3/20/11 9:31:43PM
Dana said they wouldn't be, But he wouldn't say who was....
prozacnation1978
3/20/11 11:03:02PM
I would rather see these two get in on in july

And have miguel torres vs winner for tuf coaches