UFC Champ Anderson Silva Denied Entrance Into Canada

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Champ Anderson Silva Denied Entrance Into Canada
crushedbacon
11/25/08 12:59:28AM
A planned visit to Kamloops by UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was abruptly halted Friday when Canada Border Services denied the athlete entrance into Canada

http://www.mmacanada.net/home/view/468
Jimbo
11/25/08 1:08:04AM
Spewin' !!
Twenty20Dollars
11/25/08 1:12:28AM

oh well its cold there anyway.
ufcboss
11/25/08 1:36:33AM
Thank goodness for Ken-Flo!
wapttn
11/25/08 1:45:53AM
ouch... I'm actually from vancouver (at school out east) and buddies with the guy who owns the Vancouver Popeyes... he's been tellin me forever about anderson silva comin down to sign autographs.. i think i've got like 25 facebook updates on it or something like that... shitty deal.
Naturaldisaster
11/25/08 3:11:35AM
its cuz he's black. THE MAN is alway tryin to hold us back lmao. nah jk. i wonder why they wouldnt let him in.
brooklynbadass
11/25/08 9:32:41AM
if you get a border agent on a power trip they will denie you for no reason. About 8 or 9 years ago my roommate, his girl and myself took a drive up to Canada for a weekend trip. We drove 10-12 hours from staten island straight. We goto the border and they first went through the car throughy. They removed all the panels under the hood in the car. They then told us some pebbles that were under the mat in the back seat were pot seeds. After checking them out they agreed they were wrong. We were then seperated and questioned for about an hour. Then they told us to leave and they were not letting us in the country. So we drove another 10-12 hours back home.
prozacnation1978
11/25/08 10:04:48AM
he might not be able to go to england in feb??
if not he can fight in columbus ohio
Darnok
11/25/08 10:38:46AM
Wow, I don't live very far from Kamloops and I never even heard about it. Probably a good thing because I would have been one of the people lined up at 5:00 am.
Sir_Karl
11/25/08 10:52:53AM
Duh...it's a whole country full of Patrick Cote fans.
Why would they let him in?

Just kidding.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/25/08 11:41:47AM
Ya i was going to see him untill i heard the unfortunate news on friday .
postman
11/25/08 12:35:33PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

its cuz he's black. THE MAN is alway tryin to hold us back lmao. nah jk. i wonder why they wouldnt let him in.

But hes not Black
PaleHorse
11/25/08 1:44:07PM

Posted by postman

But hes not Black

Neither is Tiger Woods or Obama, not entirely at least. Doesn't stop us from treating them like they're black.
haggiswashere
11/25/08 3:26:06PM
"They were not impressed by his performance." at ufc 90
Aether
11/26/08 12:03:52AM

Posted by postman

But hes not Black

yes he is... he's not african, but his skin is black. I don't think most racists are concerned about cultural heritage as much as they are about outward appearances.
postman
11/26/08 10:32:21PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by postman

But hes not Black

Neither is Tiger Woods or Obama, not entirely at least. Doesn't stop us from treating them like they're black.

Both Obama and woods are part African and as for that comment Obama just became president and Woods is the highest payed athlete alive so where they are being brought down by the man I have a hard time seeing.

Posted by Aether

Posted by postman

But hes not Black

yes he is... he's not african, but his skin is black. I don't think most racists are concerned about cultural heritage as much as they are about outward appearances.

I actually live in a very "REDNECK" area and have heard ppl watching Anderson fight say things like "No I like him hes not black hes brazilian." I'm sure there are many examples to back your point also .

But to everyone I was making a joke on his the man joke.