which nobody could become champ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » which nobody could become champ?
POLL: which would have the best chance?
melvin guillard beating bj penn 5% (3)
paul taylor beating gsp 2% (1)
drew mcfedries beating anderson silva 3% (2)
houston alexander beating forrest griffin 22% (14)
cain velasquez beating nogeira/couture 52% (34)
anyone beating urijah faber/miguel torres 17% (11)
CCPRIDE99
9/20/08 12:11:04AM
which one of these studly contenders would have the best chance of shocking the hell out of the champion in their weight class?
id have to pick melvin beating bj because of that ko power, physical strength and athleticism but i still dont think hed ever be able to do it
copcopps
9/20/08 12:16:15AM
Houston ALexander beating Griffin, I think Griffy will overestimate Alexander's skills and want to try to stand with him. But this is coming from a Houston ALexander fan and I think Griffin's the weakest champ currently
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/20/08 12:43:55AM
faber or torres losing , mainly against eachother . cain v beatings couture also.
Wolfenstein
9/20/08 1:12:02AM
I guess Cain, but he's a rising star so I don't know if you can consider him a nobody.

Cdellorso
9/20/08 1:48:48AM

Posted by copcopps

Houston ALexander beating Griffin, I think Griffy will overestimate Alexander's skills and want to try to stand with him. But this is coming from a Houston ALexander fan and I think Griffin's the weakest champ currently

you may or may not be right about griffen being the weekest champ but Houston cannot get to point B from his point A - He is a hard hitter but he doesnt have the wandy chin and he can obviously die by his own sword- then of course he is so weak on the ground.... no way he gets there to have a chance.....

Cain has skills and is very young still. Glad to see most people agree that of the aforementionned - Cain has the best shot....
hippysmacker
9/20/08 11:18:21AM
Houston could possibly mug/mall anyone who stood with him, so i would pick him- although I think it highly unlikely.
holt8081
9/20/08 11:25:45AM

Posted by copcopps

houston is weak he had to good fights and lost the rest, he get on his back and is clueless at what to do he reminds me of kimbo
Boo_Radley21
9/20/08 12:08:15PM
Forrest has a way better ground game than Alexander and that would make the difference in this fight. Forrest is smart, he wouldn't get knocked out by Houston
copcopps
9/20/08 12:40:02PM
I mainly picked Houston beating Forest not on who's fighting the champ but who the champ is.
Biggz
9/20/08 2:02:14PM
all of these are assuming that Houston is STILL in the UFC right? i would be surprised if he still is. i don't think he even has a chance to GET to fight Forrest, let alone beat him. think about it, there is no way he is going be beat, Wandy, Page, Shogun, Machida, ect.... i don't even think he is a gatekeeper for that division.
jae_1833
9/20/08 7:37:59PM
NO....definately not even a gatekeeper....unfortunately it seems that Chuck is?? WTF!!!????
SpiderSilva
9/21/08 1:14:41AM
Which nobody if you mean any champ Im gonna say Cowboy in the WEC by summer of next year
cmb19932
9/21/08 9:35:18AM
what about patrick cote beating silva
Biggz
9/21/08 2:41:28PM

Posted by cmb19932

what about patrick cote beating silva

cmb19932
9/22/08 8:50:39AM
well hes not a nobody but he has just a good a chance of beating silva as any one else none
Faze
11/6/08 7:03:41PM
Yea Cotes got no chance of beating Silva. He just took everything Silva threw at him and shrugged it off like it was nothing. With his chin power he could easily TKO/KO Silva.
higdon10
11/6/08 7:07:26PM

Posted by Faze
he could easily TKO/KO Silva.

bls1919
11/7/08 7:36:44PM
I Have to say Cain Velasquez. If he fought Randy. He wouldn't want to hit the mat with NOG.