Challenge?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Challenge?
Ranger
8/8/10 2:42:09PM
Hello im chris im 18 andi leave for Basic training Jan 5 and just got started in MMA and am really enjoying it, im in above average shape but i was wondering if someone can "design" or give me a workout that will make the PT test in basic easy im extremely dedicated and will follow it exactly

It would be greatly appriceated
Jackelope
8/8/10 3:21:28PM
You'll be fine dude. You will have harder workouts every day of PT in basic training than the PT test ever will be. PT test days will be a welcome reprieve. I assume since your name is "Ranger" that you signed an 11X contract and are on your way to Ft. Benning?

Military physical fitness tests are about the easiest things in the world to train for because you know exactly what you're going to be doing. Just do a bunch of push ups, a bunch of sit ups, and 2 mile runs. Work out in long sets, often doing the exact fitness test you will be doing in the military (I.E. max pushups and situps in 2 minutes followed by a 2 mile run but each with several minutes rest in between)
Ranger
8/8/10 4:03:17PM
yeah your 100% correct my MOS is 11x and i go to Ft benning jan 5
Jackelope
8/8/10 4:35:30PM

Posted by Ranger

yeah your 100% correct my MOS is 11x and i go to Ft benning jan 5

If that's the case and you do end up getting a chance to go to RIP then I would be more worried about conditioning your mind for toughness. You will learn in basic, but especially in RIP, that your mind will quit long before your body will if you allow it to. I would work on rucksack marches, toughening your shins (long runs) and intense cardiovascular exercise. Start climbing ropes, too. You'll need rope climbing skills in basic training and even moreso in Ranger school.
jae_1833
8/8/10 5:48:49PM
I'm not sure but don't Rangers have to be able to do 10 deadhang pullups as well....if so I would practice those as well. The little bastards aren't as easy as people make them out to be!
Jackelope
8/8/10 6:00:58PM

Posted by jae_1833

I'm not sure but don't Rangers have to be able to do 10 deadhang pullups as well....if so I would practice those as well. The little bastards aren't as easy as people make them out to be!

Yeah, I left out pull ups. You'll need them for Airborne school too.
Ranger
8/8/10 6:46:17PM
So ive heard i start airborne school april 24
jae_1833
8/9/10 1:13:49AM
Good on you bro....thanks for joining the team!!!