THE CHALLENGE!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » THE CHALLENGE!!!!
« Previous Page | Next Page »
The-Don
7/2/08 4:58:20PM
yea a bit late getting mine up.. I am 6'2" 270 30% BF using a 7 point caliper test. I am training now but yea i forgot the holiday this weekend.
chris91301
7/2/08 5:15:57PM
Any of you guys are out in the Valley (Los Angeles County). Because some of this training gets fricken boring, especially running.

If anyone would like to partner up, would be awesome.
RSH
7/3/08 4:45:26AM
I'm 6'2, 195, don't really know how to determine my body fat..
The-Don
7/3/08 9:01:45AM

Posted by RSH

I'm 6'2, 195, don't really know how to determine my body fat..

I suggest for those that can not get thier body fat done ( Most gyms do it for free if you ask them ) Post your measurements, waist neck , arm upper legs.. it will give you some good starting points.. to give you an idea

on my bodyfat check revealed of that 270 pounds... 188 pounds is muscle and like 80 pounds of fat... so as I work out.. my muscle weight should go up... my fat weight should go down... though my overall bodyweight will not chage as drasticly..
Rush
7/3/08 10:25:39AM

Posted by The-Don

on my bodyfat check revealed of that 270 pounds... 188 pounds is muscle and like 80 pounds of fat... so as I work out.. my muscle weight should go up... my fat weight should go down... though my overall bodyweight will not chage as drasticly..

Actually that 188 pound is (mostly) water, bone and muscle.
The-Don
7/3/08 3:34:31PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by The-Don

Actually that 188 pound is (mostly) water, bone and muscle.

yea I know but it sounds so much cooler the way it is written on the print out listing it as muscle..
Guru
7/3/08 3:41:52PM
6'3" 200 lbs 26%BF

Training balls and getting everything back pretty quick.

hand speeds actually IMPROVED since i was 155 lbs

Same with flexability and strentgh

now just gott lose the gut haha
The-Don
7/7/08 11:13:43AM

Posted by Guru

6'3" 200 lbs 26%BF

Training balls and getting everything back pretty quick.

hand speeds actually IMPROVED since i was 155 lbs

Same with flexability and strentgh

now just gott lose the gut haha

keep it up man...

I was in teh gym 4 of the last 7 days I am lucky I have a gym here at work.. but I had a 3 day weekend.. But I will be back in it today... A bit sore but ready to go.
chris91301
7/9/08 11:36:07AM
Have never been so motivated to get back into fighting shape as I am right now. STarting to do 2 workouts a day, better diet, going to also hit the mma studio again.

my exercise routine:

1) 5 mile mma sprints.... run at normal pace, then occasionally burst out for 30 or more seconds then back to normal pace.
2) 3 sets of crunches and 3 sets of leg lifts
3) 3 sets of pullups
4) 3 sets of reverse pushups? (off the bench backwards, moving up and down)
5) 3 sets of burpies (army term)
6) 3 sets of shaolin kicks (kneel, get up, kick... repeat with other leg)
7) 3 sets of weights, nothing too heavy to keep punching speed.
8) speed bag and B.O.B. bag workout usually 15 mins each.
9) occasional sparring with my roomie in BJJ and muy thai mix.
10) Jump Rope - 3 sets.

This routine has always worked for me in the past and is starting to kick me back into fighting shape really fast. Hopefully it can help other folks too.
The-Don
7/10/08 4:54:02PM
ok taking a day off today.. simply put.. I am sore. chest arms and legs are sore from lifitng.. Tomorrow I am gonna nail some cardio and do a light weight set...
Ben_Hutch
7/15/08 12:11:05AM
I have a 6-pac pretty much no matter what/how much i eat (obviously if i eat a whole load of chocolate cake then it becomes more of a 4-pac, but stil), however my cardio isn't very good and is probably worse than many people who have larger stomaches than myself lol.

Is this a good/bad thing does anyone now?

Thanks.
The-Don
7/15/08 9:17:30AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

I have a 6-pac pretty much no matter what/how much i eat (obviously if i eat a whole load of chocolate cake then it becomes more of a 4-pac, but stil), however my cardio isn't very good and is probably worse than many people who have larger stomaches than myself lol.

Thanks.

You can have good muscle tone but bad cardio... sounds like you do lots of lifting.. start a cardio program... you should get results pretty quick.. I suggest some sort of interval training..
Ben_Hutch
7/15/08 11:03:53AM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Thanks.

You can have good muscle tone but bad cardio... sounds like you do lots of lifting.. start a cardio program... you should get results pretty quick.. I suggest some sort of interval training..

To be honest i don't really do any lifting, but probably do 100-200 push-ups per day, and 50 sit ups once a week maybe if i can be arsed.
Naturaldisaster
7/16/08 3:23:52AM
Im 5'5 156lb (im feelin good considerin that about a year ago I was 187lb). but I start my mma training tomorrow so Im interested to see what I'll be like in 3 months
chris91301
7/16/08 2:34:50PM
how long is this challenge going on for btw? i've been at it for like 3 weeks now, although did start early.
The-Don
7/16/08 4:28:03PM

Posted by chris91301

how long is this challenge going on for btw? i've been at it for like 3 weeks now, although did start early.

Good point.. I think were doing one month for an early winner then like a 3 month.. to see who is ahead and for motivational purposes...
chris91301
7/16/08 10:24:58PM
thanks for the update Don.
The-Don
7/17/08 9:31:39AM
how is everyone doing... Right now I personally have a case of muscle soreness... espically in my calves.. I blasted them hard the other day... I'll admit I am shooting myself in the foot with my diet.. I have changed it only slightly.. espically when I should know better being a former dietician and all.... But how are the rest of you doing... Any good results so far.. lets celebrate some successes.. has anyone hit any pitfalls and struggling... that might need some help... let us know lets see if we can help...
The-Don
7/18/08 11:33:16AM
ok... well I have gained about 6 pounds... i am not overly worried cause I feel better over all, I can seem my muscle tone and size improving... but at the same time I am worried... I really am not interested in competing in the Super heavey division... as I am going to be a small guy for that group granted overall I may be faster and more flexible... but who knows... I think I do need to work on my diet better
Guru
7/19/08 10:26:53PM
Keep up the good work man!
chris91301
7/21/08 7:44:32PM
down to 182 pounds now. Dont see myself ever getting a six pack or whatever body where muscle shows up, I just like mayo too darn much to keep my body fat % down.

So lost about 5 pounds a week just working out 5 days a week with routine i posted earlier. Probably starting to level off now.
The-Don
7/22/08 1:00:51PM

Posted by chris91301

down to 182 pounds now. Dont see myself ever getting a six pack or whatever body where muscle shows up, I just like mayo too darn much to keep my body fat % down.

So lost about 5 pounds a week just working out 5 days a week with routine i posted earlier. Probably starting to level off now.

if you start leveling off thats a good time to switch up your game plan... different exercises.. different types of exercises and such...
chris91301
7/23/08 7:23:19PM
Thats a good point Don. I just dont know what exercises to try.

My usual routines do kind of stick to the basics. Jogging, jump rope, pushups, lunges, pull-ups and weights.

Anything you can recommend?
The-Don
7/24/08 3:48:55PM

Posted by chris91301

Thats a good point Don. I just dont know what exercises to try.

My usual routines do kind of stick to the basics. Jogging, jump rope, pushups, lunges, pull-ups and weights.

Anything you can recommend?

Ok if you have been doing mainly body weight training I might suggest doing some tradational weight training... maybe take some arobics classes or a yoga class mixed in... I started off doing about 2 weeks of tradational weight training.. now the last week or so I have been doing bodyweight resistance stuff...
RSH
7/28/08 12:17:59AM
Well, let's see here. I'm doing "ok" I guess.
I slacked off on my diet and workout for about a week because I went on vacation, still having trouble staying with my diet, my weakness is chinese food, eat alot of it and love it. But when I started I was 198, now I'm down to 185. Hoping to cut quite a bit more, just to hard for me to do this damned diet!
The-Don
7/28/08 5:36:13PM

Posted by RSH

Well, let's see here. I'm doing "ok" I guess.
I slacked off on my diet and workout for about a week because I went on vacation, still having trouble staying with my diet, my weakness is chinese food, eat alot of it and love it. But when I started I was 198, now I'm down to 185. Hoping to cut quite a bit more, just to hard for me to do this damned diet!

yea I thik Diet is the hardest part of anything... So much fast and easy food.. the trick is to try and go for the healthier choices.. I try to go more towards salads and such, wheat breads when ever possible.. low or non fat toppings... physically I am doing good.. food wise not so much... or rather not as good as I should be...

Anyone else who is trying doing anything or have anything to report...???
roger
7/30/08 3:27:16AM
is it too late to join this competition?

if it not not i will post my weight and arm size and body %

i'm 5'11 159 with 9% body fat been training for football all my life and now been training BJJ and muai thia
for 2 weeks
if it's measured by the bicep mine is 14 1/4
i have a 30in waist
35 1/4in chest under the armpit right
and not sure how to do the legs just one?
The-Don
7/30/08 5:45:03PM

Posted by roger

is it too late to join this competition?

if it not not i will post my weight and arm size and body %

i'm 5'11 159 with 9% body fat been training for football all my life and now been training BJJ and muai thia
for 2 weeks
if it's measured by the bicep mine is 14 1/4
i have a 30in waist
35 1/4in chest under the armpit right
and not sure how to do the legs just one?

Nope feel free to join.. All are welcome.. there are no real prizes except getting yourself into shape... so you can be healthier and perform better...
roger
7/30/08 10:02:41PM
tanks so the plan is who ever is in better shape in the end or like best performance like weight loos cause i don't think i'm getting any thinner
chris91301
7/31/08 1:36:20AM
good luck bud, 2 month is a long time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3