THE CHALLENGE!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » THE CHALLENGE!!!!
Next Page »
The-Don
6/20/08 9:03:22PM
OK all.. here it is... This is a freindly contest between us all... we set a time limit.. say 3 months... all going to partake we post our height, weight, and measurements,,,, chest, arms, waist legs... body fat %.... now this requires honesty... then after the 3 months we repost.... again honesty... winner gets bragging rights and is in shape.. and on top of that.. we all get in shape.. this is to be motivational... not to rip in people whop are out of shape... You can keep your workout secret.. but we use this thread to encourage people... if enough are interested.. we'll pick a start date and a finish date and go from there...

I am in.. who's with me?
casketcoin
6/20/08 9:07:39PM
i way 128 now so i got high hopes....but some of these guys probally sit at the computer more than we think....im in fat ass
hotrodttt
6/20/08 9:20:48PM
I'm in, I'll do my measurements in a little bit
Rush
6/20/08 10:36:48PM
Well, even if I don't reach my goal at the end of the month (which it looks like I wont) I will still continue. So I guess I am in.

ohiostate1016
6/21/08 12:16:01AM
What the hell...I'm in. I've been looking for a reason to get in shape, and I just found one. Thanks.
Raykill
6/21/08 12:34:05AM
Yea. I think I will go for it. I have been trying to get back in the gym during my lunch hour but it’s been slow going.
I am 36, between the metabolism slowing and blowing a knee out. I really got out of shape.
I would rather work off a 6 month period, but we will see where I am at after 3. the funny think is I was just thinking about purposing something like this, like they have the belly off club in Men’s Health Mag.
I will post my info once we get dates set.
Kracker_Jap
6/21/08 2:00:28AM
I'm already a bad as$

So what can I do?
Omega
6/21/08 2:06:22AM
My wife would kill me if I did this. So...no.
hotrodttt
6/21/08 2:44:36AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I'm already a bad as$

So what can I do?

Me too but there's always Fun in shedding weight and Gaining more Muscle
Jackelope
6/21/08 3:43:07AM
I'll moderate it for you guys

Honestly I am at a perfect height/weight for my body right now thanks to working hard for the last year. The only improvement I could use is more cardio. I'll definitely be rooting for everyone in this "competition", though. I'm all for people getting out there and making a difference in themselves. Seriously, guys, take this serious and make a big difference for yourselves.

You only get one life to live, make it a good one!
The-Don
6/21/08 6:40:03PM
OK well it is more about over all improvement as opposed to looing hte most weight.. If a couple of you who are in shape want to volunteer to be judges or something that would be cool..

I was thinking we could start say the 1st... give everyone a couple days to comeup with what they are going to do.. and we go for 12 weeks... ... Maybe every other we we post updates to keep track of progress.. we could ... for those brave enough.... post a before shot... of you in shorts or something ... this way we can see physical proof.. I know I came up with the idea.. but if someone wants to take over and run with it.. set the ground rules... or something... That would be cool...
jgtribbett
6/21/08 6:50:14PM
i started getting myself back in shape 2 1/2 months ago.. lifiting and started bjj again

lost 20 - 28 lbs of fat and gained 0-8 lbs of muscle..
hahahahahaha
based off of body fate percentage..

so i wish you woulda said this a while ago haha
Guru
6/21/08 8:32:16PM
im down i guess haha im working on this anyway so ill giv my body a bit of a chance to recover and go from the first!
The-Don
6/21/08 9:52:40PM
thats good.. take care of that wrist... keep your workout a secret... SHHHHHH
Guru
6/22/08 2:08:46PM
My Wrist Feels Good Today!!!!

And of course its raining hahaha
The-Don
6/22/08 2:15:12PM

Posted by Jackelope

Honestly I am at a perfect height/weight for my body right now thanks to working hard for the last year. The only improvement I could use is more cardio. I'll definitely be rooting for everyone in this "competition", though. I'm all for people getting out there and making a difference in themselves. Seriously, guys, take this serious and make a big difference for yourselves.

Well since the contest was my idea and I respect Jackelopes posts and his views I am all for letting him run the contest... Set some ground rules man...

I was thinking too we could break it down quaterly.. and then have a year end winner... no reason we can't do this to stay in shape year round....
fedorwins1
6/23/08 2:05:24PM
I'm in, but I don't have a way to test body fat.
The-Don
6/23/08 7:12:08PM

Posted by fedorwins1

I'm in, but I don't have a way to test body fat.

for those that want to know you can get a decent pair of calipers to measure bodyfat at walmart for just a few bucks.. its a good training aid.,. regardless of this contest..
The-Don
6/27/08 6:08:14PM
For those that are gonna be involved... need to get your measurements ready... and who ever is going to regulate.. set the rules...
Jackelope
6/28/08 12:29:57AM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Jackelope

Well since the contest was my idea and I respect Jackelopes posts and his views I am all for letting him run the contest... Set some ground rules man...

I was thinking too we could break it down quaterly.. and then have a year end winner... no reason we can't do this to stay in shape year round....

Thanks

Honestly I think for a fledgling idea like this you've got to start small. Maybe just see who can make improvements over a month and then post it. A month is enough time to make a small difference, but not enough time to get burnt out big time. Just take it at first as a month, then as 3, then maybe up to 6 and eventually a year.
Raykill
6/28/08 12:45:34AM
I wasnt able to get my measurements done yet. I am leaving for vaction, be back in a week. If its cool, I will just pass on the info when I get back and start then.
The-Don
6/28/08 12:56:28AM

Posted by Raykill

I wasnt able to get my measurements done yet. I am leaving for vaction, be back in a week. If its cool, I will just pass on the info when I get back and start then.

I say its cool.. its not like were putting up money.. we all really win...
The-Don
6/28/08 12:59:25AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by The-Don

Posted by Jackelope

Thanks

Honestly I think for a fledgling idea like this you've got to start small. Maybe just see who can make improvements over a month and then post it. A month is enough time to make a small difference, but not enough time to get burnt out big time. Just take it at first as a month, then as 3, then maybe up to 6 and eventually a year.

OK one month for the first installment it is... Measurements I guess should be up by the 30th for those competeing in the first month.. perhaps maybe the Admin could mak a badge or something for the biggest "Loser" or something... Granted.. this does require honesty on everyones part..
RandyCouture
6/28/08 3:25:02PM
I'll most likely be in i just read the post today so ill try to get my measurements in by the 30th. Im about 5'11 and 155 soaking wet but could use some muscle mass for sure. Good way and motivation for me to get in shape.
Canman44
6/28/08 6:06:11PM
Yeah same here. I'm at school and don't have my calipers and tape measure laying around. I'll try to get that stuff in by the 30th. Right now I'm 6' 2" and 180 though.
Kracker_Jap
6/29/08 3:48:25AM
As a P/T and my experiance with calipers.... Knowing how to use them is one thing but getting good at useing them takes alot of time....

It seems like pictures and measurements would be the easiest
The-Don
6/29/08 3:37:50PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

As a P/T and my experiance with calipers.... Knowing how to use them is one thing but getting good at useing them takes alot of time....

It seems like pictures and measurements would be the easiest

yea if your going to do a picture.. try getting a local or national newspaper and hold it with you it is a great way to date a [icture// unless you have a wife like mine who can do some massive editing but seriously abyway you want to be able to show where your starting at... and yea calipers are a bit tricky to use...
RSH
6/30/08 12:37:47AM
Is it to late for me to try and join this? I'm newer, but this would be great motivation for me, which is what I've been looking for. :P
RandyCouture
7/1/08 3:15:03PM
I c nobody put there stats in yet so i say we start next monday the 7th cause the 4th is this weekend and i can help to have a few beers and a good cookout. Pretty bad for the challenge for me at least give me ur thoughts
chris91301
7/2/08 2:15:28PM
started at 194 lb's.

6'2 183 lb right now after hardcore training for 2 weeks. I'm totally in this one.

When is the deadline?
Pages: [1] 2 3