Chael Sonnen vs “Unnamed Rival” on a Grudge Weight Bout

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Sonnen vs “Unnamed Rival” on a Grudge Weight Bout
« Previous Page
Bubbles
8/14/12 5:29:36PM

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by Bubbles

I'm going on a limb and say Phil Davis or Forrest Griffin

That's quite a limb in Forrest as far as I'm concerned. Forrest cuts a ton of weight just to get to 205. And Chael mentioned not caring enough to cut clear to 185, so I don't see that referring to Forrest or really anyone else at 205 that doesn't seem like they might be able to move down easily.

*Edit: I guess the 185 thing could just mean he doesn't want to cut all the way down like he usually does.

Griffin beat Sonnen back in the day and who knows if there is any beef between them backstage. Sonnen's last couple years of trash talk have been on blackhouse, Vitor and Wandy so we don't really know who else he doesn't like. What was Sonnen's reaction to Griffin post Tito III? Was anything ever posted on twitter or the underground or some interview lost in the archives between these two? I have no idea, and it's not like Griffin will be great mismatch if Sonnen is actually thinking of moving to 205.

I initially read it like he doesn't want to cut to MW anymore (or for this fight anyways) and wants to test fighting bigger guys at LHW. It could also be about Vitor as well, but he has a fight booked. IMO I would rather see Sonnen beat the shit out of Belfort than Wanderlei
Cooler
8/14/12 8:13:15PM
Sonnen doesn't have a match yet, he's trolling us as usual, yawn.
bigrand826
8/15/12 8:13:29AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by bigrand826

Posted by Bubbles

I'm going on a limb and say Phil Davis or Forrest Griffin

That's quite a limb in Forrest as far as I'm concerned. Forrest cuts a ton of weight just to get to 205. And Chael mentioned not caring enough to cut clear to 185, so I don't see that referring to Forrest or really anyone else at 205 that doesn't seem like they might be able to move down easily.

*Edit: I guess the 185 thing could just mean he doesn't want to cut all the way down like he usually does.

Griffin beat Sonnen back in the day and who knows if there is any beef between them backstage. Sonnen's last couple years of trash talk have been on blackhouse, Vitor and Wandy so we don't really know who else he doesn't like. What was Sonnen's reaction to Griffin post Tito III? Was anything ever posted on twitter or the underground or some interview lost in the archives between these two? I have no idea, and it's not like Griffin will be great mismatch if Sonnen is actually thinking of moving to 205.

I initially read it like he doesn't want to cut to MW anymore (or for this fight anyways) and wants to test fighting bigger guys at LHW. It could also be about Vitor as well, but he has a fight booked. IMO I would rather see Sonnen beat the shit out of Belfort than Wanderlei

Good call on Griffin. Just saw that is reportedly who it is. I was aware that Griffin subbed him back in the day and I know Chael has insinuated that he doesn't think much of Griffin with his comments about the LHW division and how he's mentioned that Anderson went up there and beat an extremely slow and unathletic former champ. I just didn't figure it was Griffin based on Chael's comment about it being at 200 because he didn't care enough to cut all the way to 185.
Bubbles
8/15/12 8:57:09AM
CALLED IT!!!!

now everyone prop me
bigrand826
8/15/12 9:10:47AM

Posted by Bubbles

CALLED IT!!!!

now everyone prop me

I tried already, but I've got to spread the love.
Pages: 1 [2]