Chael Sonnen: "One thing (Anderson Silva) didn't say is that he's going to beat me"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen: "One thing (Anderson Silva) didn't say is that he's going to beat me"
Card
6/27/12 8:52:32AM
Top middleweight contender Chael Sonnen told ESPN.com on Tuesday that he isn't the least bit worried about the threats UFC champion Anderson Silva directed at him Monday during a media call.

"He says he's going to knock out my teeth and break my jaw and break my head and all this," Sonnen said. "He acts like I've never been to the orthodontist.

"I've fought 49 men, all professionals. He acts like I've never had a jaw set before. He acts like I've never had my head stapled shut in an emergency room before.

"Who gives a damn? He can do all those things." he added. "But one thing he didn't say is that he's going to beat me. One thing he didn't say he'd break is my will. One thing he didn't say he'd do is win this fight. We'll be in the middle of a cage stupid; I'd expect you to do those things."

"Anderson's a (jerk) and he always has been," he said. "And it came out (Monday); that was nice to see.

Video - http://youtu.be/-rSWXyGGChw

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/8099793/chael-sonnen-brushes-anderson-silva-threats

Boo_Radley21
6/27/12 10:32:43AM
Can't wait for him to get hurt

Andy should spit in his face after he finishes him
State_Champ
6/27/12 11:29:02AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

....-1

Spit in his face? Seems a bit harsh, man.
Pookie
6/27/12 11:54:43AM
One thing (Chael Sonnen) didn't do last time is beat him.
lohmann
6/27/12 12:01:05PM
Anderson said the word beat a lot.

“The playtime is over. I’m gonna beat Chael like he’s never been beat before. I’m going to beat his ass out of the UFC. I’m gonna beat his ass like he’s never been beaten before. I’m going to beat him maybe the way his parents should have beaten him to teach him some manners, because he’s disrespectful, he’s a criminal, and I’m gonna beat him up like he’s never been beat before.”
FastKnockout
6/27/12 12:01:52PM
"One thing he didn't say he'd break is my will."

He did it the first time around when he made you tap, and he'll do it again.
Chael_Sonnen
6/27/12 12:02:43PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I'm gonna have Andy's wife spit shine my belt after I beat him.......AGAIN.
bjj1605
6/27/12 1:52:58PM
Usually when you break every bone in your opponents body.....you win the fight.

Also,

at Chael calling Andy a jerk.
airkerma
6/27/12 2:19:37PM

Posted by lohmann

“The playtime is over. I’m gonna beat Chael like he’s never been beat before. I’m going to beat his ass out of the UFC. I’m gonna beat his ass like he’s never been beaten before. I’m going to beat him maybe the way his parents should have beaten him to teach him some manners, because he’s disrespectful, he’s a criminal, and I’m gonna beat him up like he’s never been beat before.”

Wow, he really said beat a lot. Seems like a Freudian slip to me, but that excuse is hard to swallow.
Chael_Sonnen
6/27/12 2:52:17PM

Posted by bjj1605

Usually when you break every bone in your opponents body.....you win the fight.

Also,

at Chael calling Andy a jerk.

Chael also called anDEE a dirt bag and a scum bag....very TRUE
frizzzlecake
6/27/12 3:19:56PM
Everyone needs to stop bashing Chael Sonnen, he's an American hero and helps the wounded out of the cage and onto helicopters!
K4RP3NT3R
6/27/12 4:39:45PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Yeah, that would make quite the statement. I can see it now. " I beat him, but I am the bitch because I was disrespectful and unprofessional after the fight."
Boo_Radley21
6/27/12 5:10:00PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Boo_Radley21

....-1

Spit in his face? Seems a bit harsh, man.

After all the shit hes talked over the last 2 years? Nah i'd say it's warranted
meier
6/27/12 5:37:43PM
Maybe after the fight, they can play a game of scrabble and have some earl gray tea.
Bubbles
6/27/12 7:49:55PM

Posted by lohmann

the context Silva said it in is different than the way Sonnen used it. Silva basically said he will deliver a massive ass kicking, Sonnen pointed out that Silva never said he will win

btw did Silva actually say this in English or was it through a translator?
lohmann
6/27/12 8:11:58PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by lohmann

the context Silva said it in is different than the way Sonnen used it. Silva basically said he will deliver a massive ass kicking, Sonnen pointed out that Silva never said he will win

btw did Silva actually say this in English or was it through a translator?

Through a translator. I would argue that saying he will "beat Chael like he's never been beat before" is a fairly strong statement that he is going to win.

All that aside, does anybody think Anderson Silva will go into the fight looking to lose?
KungFuMaster
6/27/12 8:14:20PM
I love it. Can't wait for this fight to happen. *puts the house, the cars, and the dog - all on Chael Sonnen*

Seriously - if I could legally place a bet on this fight, I would. I'd be willing to put in the neighborhood of 5 hundred on Sonnen.
Bubbles
6/27/12 10:30:38PM
KFM there are a crapload of betting sites to use. I don't understand how you cant "legally place a bet"
KungFuMaster
6/27/12 10:41:28PM

Posted by Bubbles

KFM there are a crapload of betting sites to use. I don't understand how you cant "legally place a bet"

You live in Canada so maybe you don't know this - it is illegal to make bets online in the United States. The only legal place in the United States as far as I'm concern is Las Vegas and maybe Reno. All other bets done outside of Vegas usually go through a Bookie which is also illegal.
Sir_Karl
6/27/12 10:48:30PM
I think this shows that Silva isn't as humble as he would have everyone believe. I have seen this side of him lurking. It finally came out. I think Silva's normal humility is just a sham. I believe Sonnen gave Silva the last fight knowing that he had tested bad and wasn't going to be the champ. He saved himself a bigger hassle by letting Silva clamp on the triangle. If Sonnen tests clean this time and his performance last time wasn't because of TRT...I think Silva is in trouble again....and Sonnen won't have a reason to give the fight to him this time.
Bubbles
6/27/12 11:58:48PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Bubbles

You live in Canada so maybe you don't know this - it is illegal to make bets online in the United States. The only legal place in the United States as far as I'm concern is Las Vegas and maybe Reno. All other bets done outside of Vegas usually go through a Bookie which is also illegal.

I know about the poker sites scandal from a few years ago, but I wasnt aware that all online gambling was illegal. Sucks for you guys
airkerma
6/28/12 9:27:08AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Bubbles

I know about the poker sites scandal from a few years ago, but I wasnt aware that all online gambling was illegal. Sucks for you guys

Beats me, but I place bets online almost every fight...
KungFuMaster
6/28/12 11:22:23AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Bubbles

Beats me, but I place bets online almost every fight...

From what I know, all the betting sites are based out of the United States and as an American, you can be screwed at anytime.
bjj1605
7/1/12 12:22:32AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

From what I know, all the betting sites are based out of the United States and as an American, you can be screwed at anytime.

You're right.

Its pretty unlikely that they would go after individuals. So you yourself probably won't get busted.

But if the site gets closed down and you haven't cashed in....there goes all your money.