Chael Sonnen’s Team Requesting Rematch “There’s Enough Doubt With All The Fouls To Warrant A Rematch.”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen’s Team Requesting Rematch “There’s Enough Doubt With All The Fouls To Warrant A Rematch.”
« Previous Page
george112
7/10/12 8:25:24AM
Nothing will come out of 99.99999% of all discussions on this site. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with what anderson did. It happens all the time to other fighters and we discuss it for a while. But because its Anderson we need to leave it alone?

It's not like im saying he shouldnt have won. I'm just saying he needed to use more class during his fight

Boo_Radley21
7/10/12 9:05:53AM
Making Chael look bad by looking for a rematch. The fights done get over it.
grappler0000
7/10/12 10:00:51AM

Posted by FastKnockout

-Shorts

Silva grabbed his shorts as Chael was moving away for 5-6 seconds and Chael wasn't attempting any sort of takedown at that time...

This was "13 seconds" prior to letting go.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SpiderSilva
7/10/12 10:07:08AM

Posted by Lucas

Turnining a blind eye to greasing makes me laugh he touched his face then his arm and chest you make out he had a tub of vaseline and was rubbing it up and down his legs he did not cheat. Ok he grabbed his shorts but it wasn't to prevent a take down it was completely irrelevant IMO and as usual sonnen fans are clutching at straws.

Sonnen is a bully when he's dominating he looks good the second a fight isn't going his way he crumbles.

The fight was stopped at the right time from a Sonnen point of view because he had clearly given up from and Anderson Silva point of view it was stopped early because he could have really hurt sonnen in that position [/QUOTE
I see your point. Lesnar was hit roughly 900 times vs carwin. I just looked like Sonnen gave up.
george112
7/10/12 11:04:34AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by FastKnockout

-Shorts

Silva grabbed his shorts as Chael was moving away for 5-6 seconds and Chael wasn't attempting any sort of takedown at that time...

Irrefutable evidence right there.

It would be easy to keep an underhook holding the shorts.

I saw in another thread where Silva was holding and sonnen backing up and gets clocked. Partially blocked or not thats a scumbag move.

That's the kind of stuff that somebody who punches when touching gloves would do
FastKnockout
7/10/12 12:28:25PM

Posted by george112

It's only a subject because Silva fans are turning a blind eye from the obvious controversy that is surrounding Silvas actions.

He clearly violated the rules. But he's allowed to do so because he's the champ? Because Chael deserved it??

No. Thats bullshit. This wasn't just a fight between 2 noncontenders this was a championship fight where the champion used dirty tactics to gain an advantage

You mean like Chael's fans turned a blind eye to the TRT issue.
FastKnockout
7/10/12 12:30:36PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by FastKnockout

-Shorts

I didn'tremember that. Good catch.
MaxOne
7/10/12 12:34:53PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I'll bring in another factor. Did anyone think the fight was stopped a tad bit too early? I sure did. This was hyped to be the biggest fight in MMA history and the ref dives in after a few punches. In certain situations the refs let a fighter in a non important match get pounded brutally for what seems like an eternity and Sonnen gets hit a few times and it's over. I don't know.

I thought the stoppage was early. I know the ref is right there in the ring and can see and or hear things that we can't but we've all seen fights that look like they should be stopped but aren't and then the guy that was getting smashed comes back and wins. It would have been better (IMO) if the ref would have let it go a bit longer.

Anderson did fight dirty and anyone that isn't acknowledging that is silly. I doubt any of it changes the outcome but that's the problem...we can't know. Holding the shorts like that when you are smashed up against the cage helps you keep the undertook and takes leverage away from the take down attempt. I hate when fighters intentionally break rules during a fight. when they do something by instinct (like grab the cage) but then realize it and quickly stop I understand but to blatantly cheat is wack.

I didn't care who won. I just wanted to see a good fight. I was hoping to see Anderson challenged and I was hoping to see a different Anderson. I think I did but I was disappointed with the Anderson that showed up. It's hard to hold it against him because I'm sure Chael's comedy trash talking truly had offended him...i just hoped it would bring out an Anderson that blew my mind with his skills (like the fight with Griffin but more aggressive) rather than an Anderson that found ways to fight dirty. It seemed to me like he practiced cheating rather than work like crazy on effectively and legally defending the take down.

I would be happy to see them go at it again with out all the trash talk this time but I doubt that will happen. Anderson doesn't have many fights left on current contract, there are new guys coming up and then he has some potential big money fights outside of his weight class. Chael will probably need to get back in line if he wants another crack at Anderson.
prophecy033
7/10/12 1:24:06PM
How bout them Dodgers
george112
7/10/12 3:38:31PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by george112

It's only a subject because Silva fans are turning a blind eye from the obvious controversy that is surrounding Silvas actions.

He clearly violated the rules. But he's allowed to do so because he's the champ? Because Chael deserved it??

No. Thats bullshit. This wasn't just a fight between 2 noncontenders this was a championship fight where the champion used dirty tactics to gain an advantage

You mean like Chael's fans turned a blind eye to the TRT issue.

Chael isn't the champion. Anderson is.
tmas
7/10/12 5:12:24PM
so its ok to cheat if your not a champion?
george112
7/10/12 5:33:33PM

Posted by tmas

Dude were not talking about the first fight . The only ones bringing up trt are the ones justifying Andersons blatant disregard for the rules.

Sonnen cheated the first time and he lost. Over and done with.no use bringing it up to validate what Anderson did/tried to do

I've said enough on the issue

prophecy033
7/10/12 5:55:27PM

Posted by george112

Posted by tmas

Dude were not talking about the first fight . The only ones bringing up trt are the ones justifying Andersons blatant disregard for the rules.

Sonnen cheated the first time and he lost. Over and done with.no use bringing it up to validate what Anderson did/tried to do

I've said enough on the issue

Looks like everyone has said enough on the issue. If the people that actually do things about rules violations wanna delve into it, so be it. Until then, its on to the next line of fights for me
Lucas
7/10/12 6:07:48PM
Fouls are commited in most sports the ref is there to manage that situation I think its far to harsh to use the word cheat

I agree with prophecy its time to move in
Chael_Sonnen
7/10/12 9:31:13PM
An old wise Native American sent me this via Fed-Ex this afternoon.

Hey, wait a minute.....postman was that you?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: 1 [2]