Chael Sonnen Talks God And Michael Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Sonnen Talks God And Michael Bisping
Budgellism
1/23/12 11:55:54AM
In the piece, Chael is asked if it would upset him to be remembered for his interviews more than his in-cage accomplishments and gives an answer that warms my heart:

"That would be a compliment," he said. "I wouldn't feel bad about that. ..You know, these guys want to talk about God. 'Oh, I want to thank God. I want to thank God.' Listen, I'm a God-fearing man, go to church every Sunday and have since I was a boy. But if I ever found out that God cared one way or another about a borderline illegal fist-fight on Saturday night, I would be so greatly disappointed that it would make rethink my entire belief system."

He also talks about his opponent Saturday night at UFC on Fox 2, Michael Bisping:

"He certainly hasn't beaten anybody that's any good, rankings-wise," said Sonnen. "But Bisping, you can't take from him, because he wins. Regardless of the opponent, which he doesn't have a lot of say in, he gets his hand raised. That's undeniable. ...I'm not a naysayer on Bisping. I'm a supporter, and if he got a shot [at the title], I'd tune in to watch."

LINK
KungFuMaster
1/23/12 12:51:47PM
I think I know the new role Chael is playing or maybe it was his intention all along. Chael Sonnen, the anti-hero.