Chael Sonnen Talks 'Crybaby' Rampage Jackson And Testosterone

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen Talks 'Crybaby' Rampage Jackson And Testosterone
prophecy033
3/16/12 11:26:18PM
Chael Sonnen co-hosted Spike TV's MMA Uncensored last night and, as Chael is wont to do, he did a lot of talking. The focus of much of his talk this time around was Quinton Jackson. Jackson has recently been in the news for taking testosterone replacement before his last fight and wild Twitter rants about wanting to be out of the UFC.

When Rampage's recent behavior came up, Sonnen had this to say

Link
tcunningham
3/17/12 12:03:43AM
chael, when hes not saying insane things, is very intelligent. i think that has always set him aside from the other shit talkers. i agree with his statements on the show. rampage is a bit of a crybaby, i dont know if i would have used those words but he definitely lets everybody know when hes unhappy about something. also, the TRT has always been a cloudy subject. it is a REPLACEMENT therapy, but like alot of medical things it can easily be abused. none of that shit bothers me though, obviously TRT didnt win chael a belt or earn rampage a win in japan.
bjj1605
3/17/12 12:04:57AM
What do you expect from Chael Sonnen except ad hominem attacks against people who disagree with him.

I don't like TRT and I don't think it's like other medicines. I think its a PED.

Antibiotics treat an illness that is foreign to your body.

TRT tries to reverse the normal process of aging in men.

I consider it performance enhancing but I think there is room for intelligent debate on the issue. Who knows, maybe one of you wonderful playground posters will change my mind.

But saying that I "lack the intellect" to debate the issue, because I use the term "performance enhancing", isn't going to get you anywhere.
tcunningham
3/17/12 12:14:17AM
i think it is performance enhancing also, especially when its abused. but if an athlete is low on testosterone and is brought back up to the correct level that he should be at, i dont think that that is cheating i think thats correcting a medical condition. it should only get put into the category of cheating when an athlete uses it to bring his testosterone above normal levels. my father does this therapy, he's 55, he was low and now that he's at the correct level he's at least feeling the way a normal 55 yr old person should, there is no difference in an athlete performing at the level he should with normal testosterone levels after being unnaturally low .
prophecy033
3/17/12 12:15:08AM

Posted by tcunningham

chael, when hes not saying insane things, is very intelligent. i think that has always set him aside from the other shit talkers. i agree with his statements on the show. rampage is a bit of a crybaby, i dont know if i would have used those words but he definitely lets everybody know when hes unhappy about something. also, the TRT has always been a cloudy subject. it is a REPLACEMENT therapy, but like alot of medical things it can easily be abused. none of that shit bothers me though, obviously TRT didnt win chael a belt or earn rampage a win in japan.

Even when he is saying insane things he's intelligent
grappler0000
3/17/12 12:15:37AM

Posted by bjj1605

I won't try to change your opinion on anything, but I will point out that this is inaccurate
airkerma
3/17/12 10:29:17AM
I am also of the opinion that trt, when used to bring about testosterone levels that are at least 1.5 times higher than normal, is cheating and should be considered cheating. The main difference is when it goes from trt to t enhancement t, and that is what i have a problem with. Straight up replacement is no big deal, but i feel that those who undergo this treatment must disclose it and must be subjected to routine testosterone level checks, to prove that it is indeed replacement and not abuse/enhancement. Unfortunately i suspect that this procedure may result in adverse effects, and at very worst, prostate or nut cancer.

As for chael himself, my main grudge against him was the absolute shit he spewed about lance armstrong and how he benefitted from "giving himself cancer" despite the fact the lance allowed for a new chemotherapy drug to be developed to treat cancer. I seem to remember it being the first, if not only, chemo drug that can pass the blood brain barrier, allowing for the treatment of brain tumors which was previously impossible. That was in the past though and he has really grown on me, plus i was impressed with that arm triangle on stann.
prozacnation1978
3/17/12 10:37:25AM
It was interesting what chael had to say
JoeWarren33
3/17/12 2:40:19PM
Im personally tired of Chael Sonnen!!
He was funny at one time, but this guy just needs to shut it, and just fight!
I never seen a male want so much attention on himself, might as well start calling him the Brittany Spears of MMA. Attention, Attention, Attention!!!!! Look at me!!!

Maybe WWE can be a good fit for him, after Anderson KO's him!!
bjj1605
3/17/12 3:09:31PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by bjj1605

I won't try to change your opinion on anything, but I will point out that this is inaccurate

I don't know if its fair to call that statement inaccurate.

Waning testosterone is a common process for aging men. TRT tries to prevent or reverse that process.

I'm well aware that it doesn't reverse ALL of the effects of aging, if thats what you meant.

I guess I'm ok with TRT when its just used to bring a guy back to normal levels. But there is so much room for abuse that it needs to be heavily monitored.
Boo_Radley21
3/17/12 3:29:27PM
randy couture, the greatest of all time
Chael_Sonnen
3/17/12 4:48:23PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Im personally tired of Chael Sonnen!!
He was funny at one time, but this guy just needs to shut it, and just fight!
I never seen a male want so much attention on himself, might as well start calling him the Brittany Spears of MMA. Attention, Attention, Attention!!!!! Look at me!!!

Maybe WWE can be a good fit for him, after Anderson KO's him!!

You out of the hospital yet? Personally, I think the ref stopped it too early. Retire from fighting, save yourself from the embarrassment.

Chael P. = The Baddest Man on the Planet
Bustamante-Aoki
3/17/12 7:34:58PM
How can a guy who gets tapped, and still says he won the fight, call another fighter a crybaby.

I would rather listen to the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic on a street corner, than anything Chael has to say.

But the worst part is, he can't handle it when people treat him the way he treats others, as he proved on TSn with Michael Landsberg
Bubbles
3/17/12 8:26:53PM

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

But the worst part is, he can't handle it when people treat him the way he treats others, as he proved on TSn with Michael Landsberg

Landsberg is a douche first and foremost. As a host you do not attack your guest right off the bat, let alone at any point of the interview. You do not call your guest a pussy. Chael is talking shit to a guy he wants to beat up, not sitting in a chair hundreds of miles apart for an interview. The context in which Chael talks shit to Anderson and the way Landsberg talked shit to Chael is completely different. If Landsberg was going to fight Chael, then by all means say whatever you want...but when you are a host doing an interview, that is uncalled for
Pookie
3/17/12 8:58:21PM
Well to be devils advocate, Chael isn't going to fight Rampage either, and he's talking shit along the same wavelength that Landsberg was. Ultimately he's playing the same role of the guy sitting in a chair hundreds of miles apart for an interview.
prophecy033
3/17/12 10:16:25PM

Posted by Pookie

Well to be devils advocate, Chael isn't going to fight Rampage either, and he's talking shit along the same wavelength that Landsberg was. Ultimately he's playing the same role of the guy sitting in a chair hundreds of miles apart for an interview.

bjj1605
3/18/12 12:30:59AM

Posted by Pookie

I'd love to see Rampage fight Chael actually...
george112
3/18/12 12:58:22AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Pookie

Id love to see it to if I didn't think it'd be a snooze fest.

Chael laying on rampage the whole fight would be disappointing
prophecy033
3/18/12 1:10:37AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Pookie

why? Chael would take him down and it would be over
landstander
3/18/12 6:50:24AM
When Chael get's beaten the secound time by Anderson there will be nothing for him in middle weight title fight wise. He'll want to move up to light heavy and Jackson is a big name who likes to trash talk. Chael is just looking past Anderson and planning a few fights ahead.
Chael_Sonnen
3/18/12 2:50:24PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Pookie

See the Bader fight....only MUCH worse for Rampage.
bjj1605
3/18/12 6:03:01PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Pookie

why? Chael would take him down and it would be over

I don't know....

Rampage is bigger and more powerful. In his prime he was a decent wrestler himself. On the feet he'd have a huge advantage.

I think it'd be an interesting fight.
Bubbles
3/19/12 3:03:24PM

Posted by Pookie

Chael is someone who fights for a living. All of the stuff he says is for promotional purposes, and that is where his shit talking comes in. Landsberg is a sports talk show host who is supposed to interview athletes and other sports personalities to get insight, not call them a pussy on national TV. Would you think its acceptable if Ariel Helwani interviewed Condit and asked him why he ran away all fight? Or if Ken Rosenthal called Mark McGuire a juicer during an interview? Or Pierre McGuire calling Scott Stevens a dirty head hunter? No, and the same thing applies here. Unless you are a host of shock radio that is unacceptable
Pookie
3/19/12 8:24:49PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Pookie

Chael is someone who fights for a living. All of the stuff he says is for promotional purposes, and that is where his shit talking comes in. Landsberg is a sports talk show host who is supposed to interview athletes and other sports personalities to get insight, not call them a pussy on national TV. Would you think its acceptable if Ariel Helwani interviewed Condit and asked him why he ran away all fight? Or if Ken Rosenthal called Mark McGuire a juicer during an interview? Or Pierre McGuire calling Scott Stevens a dirty head hunter? No, and the same thing applies here. Unless you are a host of shock radio that is unacceptable

I don't care to evaluate acceptable.

Chael says everything he says for promotional purposes - To garner interest and attention in himself.

Landsberg is the same. I don't see how being a Shock Jock is any less acceptable than being a fighter who talks trash. They're doing the same thing - Saying ridiculous things to garner interest and attention, thereby garnering a bigger paycheck for themselves.

Bubbles
3/20/12 12:51:06AM

Posted by Pookie

Landsberg is the same. I don't see how being a Shock Jock is any less acceptable than being a fighter who talks trash. They're doing the same thing - Saying ridiculous things to garner interest and attention, thereby garnering a bigger paycheck for themselves.

thats the thing, Landsberg isn't a shock jock. He has been doing his show for over a decade (imo it has gone down the shitter the last 5 years or so) and I don't recall him ever doing this to any of his guests.
glooodiaz90
7/17/12 4:19:04PM
here's the video if any of you guys wanted to see it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvwcYozkV-M&feature=plcp
mkatie124
7/17/12 5:15:24PM
haha i came across this video where rampage was talking down on chael!
pretty funny... mmaelite.net has some interesting things on their site!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvwcYozkV-M&feature=plcp