Chael Sonnen Is Now A Standup Comedian

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Sonnen Is Now A Standup Comedian
DCRage
7/12/10 2:30:00PM
He's at it again today with the 117 trash talk:

"I'm here because I beat up everybody who got in my way. I beat every champion there's ever been except one and I've stuck my finger in his chest for four years and he wouldn't fight me. He fought a one-legged Canadian, a math teacher from Ohio and a bunch of guys who weren't even good enough to hold their spot in the company. His running is done, his 15 minutes of fame are up and I'm gonna bring it to an abrupt halt. Anderson Silva's hurt a lot of people. A couple of those guys are my friends -- and I don't have a lot of friends. That bothers me a lot. It's a payback thing, absolutely. Let's get rid of this guy. Anderson Silva's really the nuisance, he's truly the problem, we've all had it with him. There's one guy that wants to fight him and there's one guy with the skills to beat him."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/12/1565773/chael-sonnen-weve-all-had-it-with
ChokeUout
7/12/10 2:45:12PM
Ok...when sonnen beat marquart he started talking about silva. It was entertaining at first, but now it's just getting annoying ESPECIALLY since he's gonna lose.

DOn't get me wrong, sonnen can probably take silva down, but sonnen has been tapped 6 or 7 times, all with submissions obtainable from the guard (Armbar, Triangle, Guillotine). We don't see it much, but silva has a great guard, and if he's doesn't knock sonnen out, I see him submitting him since sonnen's game plan has to be lay on silva from his guard.

With that said, he should probably stop talking and start working submission defense, guard passing, and striking since he is well below average at all 3.
Wallass
7/12/10 3:35:34PM
I like how Chael is selling this fight like "Im not going to tolerate him doing nothing!" What happened when Filho did the same vs Chael in their second fight? That was one of the strangest fights Ive ever seen. I like Chael but I think Anderson subs him in the first with a triangle. Also, whats this of Chael saying he's never lost at 185? Did he fight Maia at 205 or is he forgetting something?
kopower
7/12/10 4:22:18PM

Posted by Wallass

I like how Chael is selling this fight like "Im not going to tolerate him doing nothing!" What happened when Filho did the same vs Chael in their second fight? That was one of the strangest fights Ive ever seen. I like Chael but I think Anderson subs him in the first with a triangle. Also, whats this of Chael saying he's never lost at 185? Did he fight Maia at 205 or is he forgetting something?

I was thinking Silva via triangle myself.
RyanC
7/12/10 4:27:03PM

Posted by Wallass

He's forgetting something. . . probably because it happened so fast. 2:37 in Round 1.
seanfu
7/12/10 7:51:45PM
I hope Silva talks so much crap after Sonnen takes his asswhoopin. And then loses to Shields or whoever next.

emfleek
7/12/10 8:21:28PM
I pray to the MMA Gods that Sonnen is able to pull this one out of his ass.
Boo_Radley21
7/12/10 9:14:32PM
The biggest laugh will be when Sonnen is KO'd
BeeR
7/13/10 6:19:34AM
the biggest laugh will be when sonnen retires silva mwAhAhAhAhA!
emfleek
7/13/10 9:16:19AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

The biggest laugh will be when Sonnen is KO'd

I disagree. If we're speaking hypothetically, the biggest laugh would come if Sonnen were to somehow beat Anderson and the eventual flip-flopping that 90% of the people here would do.

"I knew Chael would win!"
"I called it! I always said it would take a wrestler to beat Silva!"
"Silva is overrated. GSP would smash him!"

By no means do I believe this will happen, but I reeeeeeally hope it does just so people loosen the grip they have on his nuts before they fall off.
DCRage
7/13/10 9:45:39AM
Silva speaks back via the TATAME:

"Chael, as a fighter, is a good politician. He thinks he knows something, but on the day of the fight, when we are all alone in there, he’ll have his chance. Once again, he’s saying crap. What he’s saying is disrespecting me, he’s disrespecting me and all opponents I’ve faced. Dan Henderson, in my opinion, is the best wrestler that there is out there on MMA ... I’ll keep doing my job the same way I’ve always done. I’ll do a good fight, as I always do, I’ll try to show my technical superiority."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/7/13/1567112/anderson-silva-a-disrespectful
emfleek
7/13/10 9:49:00AM

What he’s saying is disrespecting me, he’s disrespecting me and all opponents I’ve faced.

Sorry, Spidey...but after that pathetic display of sportsmanship against Maia, you have absolutely no right to talk about being disrespected.
telnights
7/13/10 4:58:26PM
Chael is just trying to sale a fight that his chance's of winning are very slim. But Chael has said somethings that are just way over the top and down right insulting to not only fighters Anderson has faced but also a hole race of people. I don't have much respect for Chael or his mentor Matt Lindland. I think both of them are dirty and their actions and words show just that. Now don't get me wrong Silva was very disrespectful in his last fight to not only Maia but also his fans, but I feel it doesn't even come close to some of things Chael and Matt have done and said.

BeeR
7/13/10 5:51:47PM
Come on, Chael Sonnen is quite obviously selling the fight, and doing an amazing job at that, win or lose, he's already made a name for himself and thats exactly what he set out to do, anybody who thinks he is being serious with some of the ludicrous comments he's made seriously needs to give their head a shake.

Oh........and get off Silvas testicular dufflebag

Atleast he's actually funny about it, unlike Tito, Sonnen is a much better trash talker
haggiswashere
7/14/10 7:59:37PM
Can you imagine if sonnen wins? i will laugh so friggin hard. Chael is in a position where if he wins he looks awesome and if he loses it looks like Silva is fighting yet another can. I'm rooting for Sonnen. Whether he wins or loses Silva loses credibility.
warglory
7/14/10 8:12:01PM
I eat up pretty much anything Chael says, I mean come on, most fighters in MMA either have no personality, or they try way too hard to be a character. This stuff comes natural to Chael, and it's really entertaining.
Hendo67
7/15/10 2:19:11PM
I'm not annoyed with Sonnen at all, he says what's on my mind quite a bit... and it's hard to argue it. Chael is selling this fight single handed while Anderson is practicing his two step with Ed Soares.
ncordless
7/15/10 3:18:27PM

I'm here because I beat up everybody who got in my way. I beat every champion there's ever been except one

Hmm... that is strange to say considering he has never beat a champ or former champ in the UFC and went 1-1 with a whacked out of his mind Paulo in the WEC. Also, Maia tossed Sonnen like he didn't know how to wrestle and subbed him with ease. And then there is the embarrassing record against Jeremy Horn...

Sonnen talks a lot of crap, but most of it is just ignorant bs. It is strange that Sonnen, a guy who used to have no personality and was a boring fighter, now all of a sudden is the trashtalking king (although his actual fights are still kind of boring). If it sells the fight, to each their own I guess. Talking smack doesn't defend subs, and it doesn't improve striking defense. Those are the things I would like to see Sonnen do to make this fight interesting to me.
RyanC
7/15/10 4:42:13PM

Posted by Hendo67

I'm not annoyed with Sonnen at all, he says what's on my mind quite a bit... and it's hard to argue it. Chael is selling this fight single handed while Anderson is practicing his two step with Ed Soares.

I'm not quite sure how it's hard to argue when Chael made several factually inacurrate claims.
Lil_Copper
7/15/10 9:07:42PM
Anderson Silva is gonna whoop him or tap, and possibly both Bj Penn style which would be awesome.

I know A.Silva won't dance though, he can't or he will be put on his back.
warglory
7/15/10 11:20:02PM

Posted by ncordless

I'm here because I beat up everybody who got in my way. I beat every champion there's ever been except one

Hmm... that is strange to say considering he has never beat a champ or former champ in the UFC and went 1-1 with a whacked out of his mind Paulo in the WEC. Also, Maia tossed Sonnen like he didn't know how to wrestle and subbed him with ease. And then there is the embarrassing record against Jeremy Horn...

Sonnen talks a lot of crap, but most of it is just ignorant bs. It is strange that Sonnen, a guy who used to have no personality and was a boring fighter, now all of a sudden is the trashtalking king (although his actual fights are still kind of boring). If it sells the fight, to each their own I guess. Talking smack doesn't defend subs, and it doesn't improve striking defense. Those are the things I would like to see Sonnen do to make this fight interesting to me.

Chael was beating Paulo in their first fight until he got stupid and practically jumped into Paulo's guard. Wacked out or not, Chael is a better fighter than Paulo. Maia makes a lot of people look like fools on the ground, I don't see how this is a matter of contention for Chael's claims. As for Jeremy Horn, that was 4 years ago. And again, I don't see how losing to Jeremy Horn somehow detracts from his effectiveness.
ncordless
7/15/10 11:50:00PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by ncordless

Chael was beating Paulo in their first fight until he got stupid and practically jumped into Paulo's guard. Wacked out or not, Chael is a better fighter than Paulo. Maia makes a lot of people look like fools on the ground, I don't see how this is a matter of contention for Chael's claims. As for Jeremy Horn, that was 4 years ago. And again, I don't see how losing to Jeremy Horn somehow detracts from his effectiveness.

You don't see how him saying that he has beat everyone is at odds with the reality? I don't get how him saying he has beaten everyone doesn't conflict with the fact that he hasn't.
FesterPatches
7/16/10 3:00:40PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJjZA_7KpGY&feature=related

I just hope i get to see a bit of this at some point in the fight, sonnens going down.
warglory
7/17/10 9:35:39AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by warglory

Posted by ncordless

You don't see how him saying that he has beat everyone is at odds with the reality? I don't get how him saying he has beaten everyone doesn't conflict with the fact that he hasn't.

Well obviously he is exaggerating a bit for affect. He is being a showman.