Chael Sonnen Says Lance Armstrong Gave Himself Cancer

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chael Sonnen Says Lance Armstrong Gave Himself Cancer
DCRage
8/3/10 4:57:36PM
Yes, he really said that. He was on Pro MMA Radio last night and when host Larry Pepe asked what bothers Sonnen, boom. "When you screw up, you have to own it. That stuff really gets under my skin. Take Lance Armstrong. Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer. He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying ‘Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me.' He actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million dollars from this ‘Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, ‘Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.' You just watch these guys and can't help but think, God, what a fraud. You got the whole Michael Phelps being a pothead thing too. I'm just glad I'm in the business I'm in so I can get them in the cage and kick the crap out of them."

Article

This was near the end of the interview, and it was good and fun except for that little bit. I think that comment was going overboard.
Wallass
8/3/10 5:24:05PM
Wow!!!!
kopower
8/3/10 5:24:29PM
So he gave himself Testicular Cancer.

Wonder if it went something like this

jae_1833
8/4/10 12:16:20AM
Where does he get the proof to back his claims that Armstrong cheated and "gave himself cancer"? If I were Lance I'd sue him for slander.