Chael Sonnen responds to "Rampage" Jackson: "He should stick to violating female reporters"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen responds to "Rampage" Jackson: "He should stick to violating female reporters"
lohmann
7/18/12 6:38:23AM
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson had some harsh comments toward Chael Sonnen following Sonnen's UFC 148 loss to Anderson Silva. The comments he made to MMA Elite were in part a response to some of the comments Sonnen has levied his way in the past, but it once again brought about more from "The American Gangster."

Sonnen served as a guest analyst on Tuesday's new edition of "UFC Tonight" program, and in typical Sonnen fashion he addressed what Jackson said about him.

"Rampage has one fight left in the UFC and he isn't fighting me," Sonnen said. "I give you that answer because I am sitting here wearing my fancy suit, with an ear piece on and I have been branded an analyst on the number one UFC show on TV today."

"But if you had asked me outside, in my kingdom and I was wearing my sponsor's shirt, I would have told him that he should stick to violating female reporters," Sonnen said. "He should stick to making box office disasters and driving the wrong way on the freeway ramped up on Mountain Dew, because he's not on my level. But, you didn't ask me outside, you asked me inside. So let's keep this professional, I don't want to get that message out there."

link
george112
7/18/12 7:47:08AM
Sonnen = best/funniest smack talker
warglory
7/18/12 7:57:01AM
I think Rampage has met his match with Sonnen in the smack talk dept. Rampage will come back with an average insult about the way Sonnen looks, like he always does.
george112
7/18/12 7:59:43AM

Posted by warglory

I think Rampage has met his match with Sonnen in the smack talk dept. Rampage will come back with an average insult about the way Sonnen looks, like he always does.

Exactly what I'm expecting
tallica62
7/18/12 8:17:27AM
for the first time ever, I agree with Chael
airkerma
7/18/12 10:21:14AM
Damn I remember that slow grind on the female reporter. I think we need an awkward turtle emote for that situation...it was awkward just watching the replay on youtube.
Boo_Radley21
7/18/12 10:38:54AM
Lol sums up all of his faults pretty quick. I like this guy when he's not fighting Anderson.

The sad thing is Rampage could have had a great career but he stopped trying
BuffaloDave
7/18/12 12:39:40PM
Something tells me it wouldn't take to long for Shael to get into Rampage's head, if these two were scheduled to fight.
meier
7/18/12 1:51:47PM
I hope this fight happens...prob not...but i hope
lll-lll
7/18/12 3:35:29PM
I dont get Rampage. He was a totally different person in Japan from the interviews Ive seen. He was funny but not distasteful. He always seemed so respectful. Now he is just all over the place. Ive always liked Rampage, I dont know what happened to him.

That being said, I dont think Chael is that funny at all. Ive already heard others say all of those things. He can come up with one liners when given time to prepare, like this, but when put on the spot in front of interviewers he always looks stupid.