Chael Sonnen...Loved?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Sonnen...Loved?
TeamDEY
3/1/11 4:50:42PM
I think it's funny how ever since Chael sent that letter to Joe everyone just loves Sonnen now. It's like just because Bisping did something bad everyone forgot about Sonnen's comments about Anderson, Nog, Lance Armstrong, "steroids" (but it's ok because it was a hormone replacement therapy which he told he was doing before hand, so in that case dong something illegal is perfectly ok, even though I don't understand why he needed to do the replacement therapy...yea), and he is being convicted. I say you give Bisping to Vitor and Chael to Wanderlei, those would be nice.
warglory
3/1/11 5:09:00PM

Posted by TeamDEY

I think it's funny how ever since Chael sent that letter to Joe everyone just loves Sonnen now. It's like just because Bisping did something bad everyone forgot about Sonnen's comments about Anderson, Nog, Lance Armstrong, "steroids" (but it's ok because it was a hormone replacement therapy which he told he was doing before hand, so in that case dong something illegal is perfectly ok, even though I don't understand why he needed to do the replacement therapy...yea), and he is being convicted. I say you give Bisping to Vitor and Chael to Wanderlei, those would be nice.

I don't think people necessarily love him, I just think people know how entertaining Chael's sh!t talk will be in the lead up to the fight, and how pissed off Bisping will get.
FastKnockout
3/1/11 5:34:28PM
Personally.. I don't love Sonnen.. I dispise both fighters equally.. and it's like trying to pick the greater of two evils.. I've just disliked Bisping for much longer, and his coaching time on TUF is still fresh in my memory.. His little "performance" in his fight with Rivera doesn't help either.

The way I see it..

Sonnen will beat up Bisping, Silva will beat up Sonnen, and that leaves me a very happy fan.

Oh, and even if Bisping does beat Sonnen and fights Belfort or Silva next, I'll get to see him knocked out.

There is just no way I can lose in this situation.
Rabi
3/1/11 5:52:46PM
I wouldnt want to see Sonnen v Wanderlei, I think Sonnen would destroy him, Wanderlei is at the back end of his carear, id rather see him fight with other stand up fighters, like Belfort, Stann, Santiago, Leben, Akiyama or maybe Marquardt.
Hendo67
3/1/11 6:37:21PM
I'm a big Wand fan, but he will not beat Sonnen, imo.
BlueSkiesBurn
3/1/11 7:02:07PM
I love Sonnen. I'll happily admit it. For all the reasons that people hate Sonnen, I love him. He's basically me, but a fighter.
Chael_Sonnen
3/1/11 7:18:09PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by TeamDEY

I don't think people necessarily love him, I just think people know how entertaining Chael's sh!t talk will be in the lead up to the fight, and how pissed off Bisping will get.

I love Chael
SmileR
3/1/11 8:45:07PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by warglory

Posted by TeamDEY

I love Chael

Me too!
TeamDEY
3/1/11 10:21:06PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I love Sonnen. I'll happily admit it. For all the reasons that people hate Sonnen, I love him. He's basically me, but a fighter.

So basically your saying that you are a liar, cheater, ass hole, and dick. Well my friend what ever floats your boat. I guess its good to be disrespectful towards everyone and not care for anyone but yourself. :)
ChokeUout
3/2/11 12:38:45AM
I am not a chael fan. Anderson silva is my favorite fighter, so i may be (and probably am) biased since he's the one Chael has been trashing for the past year. However, I got sick of his antics really quick.

That being said: this time he's picked a target where Chael is actually viewed as many people as the lesser evil. Yes, Chael can be annoying and has plenty of personal issues. However, we've never seen Chael act like an immature child after a fight like Bisping has several times now.

Plus, Chael has proven himself against the best in the world at middleweight (Marquart, Filho, Okami, and almost Anderson), whereas Bisping has beaten a bunch of B-level Prelim fighters. The two elite fighters he's fought at middleweight were against Henderson and Wanderlei, and he lost to them both.

Quite simply, Chael has beaten better names and while they both engage in pre-fight trash talk, Sonnen has never acted utterly classless in the ring after a fight like Bisping has against Hammill, Rivera, etc...

So to make a long answer short, yes. For THIS fight (if it happens) Chael Sonnen will be viewed as the good guy and most likely be rooted for by the majority of MMA fans.
BlueSkiesBurn
3/2/11 5:36:59AM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

So basically your saying that you are a liar, cheater, ass hole, and dick. Well my friend what ever floats your boat. I guess its good to be disrespectful towards everyone and not care for anyone but yourself. :)

Dick: yep

Asshole: Yes

Cheater: I do

Liar: In business, yes
UFC_Fanatic313
3/2/11 7:14:04AM
I like Sonnen because he talked so much trash to Anderson and i hate anderson and he almost beat him until Silva got that amazing triangle. damn i was so pissed off.
cowcatcher
3/2/11 9:38:47AM
I think Chael is pretty hilarious. The stuff that comes out of his mouth sometimes is comedy gold, even the blatant lies are funny because it's obviously a lie and he says it anyway. He really doesn't come off as the brightest, or nicest guy, but that's fine by me, from a distance he's entertaining.
Franklinfan47
3/2/11 11:48:28AM
So if I'm following this thread correctly, its ok to be dick, cheater, and asshole....

as long as your American

sheeeit I better hop the border
cowcatcher
3/2/11 11:51:50AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

So if I'm following this thread correctly, its ok to be dick, cheater, and asshole....

as long as your American

You're racist against Americans.(had to)
Franklinfan47
3/2/11 11:54:25AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Franklinfan47

as long as your American

You're racist against Americans.(had to)

Bahaha just dont spit on me please.