Chael Sonnen & Jon Jones engaged in Twitter war

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Sonnen & Jon Jones engaged in Twitter war
POLL: Will Chael ever get the chance to fight Jones for the title?
Yes 46% (19)
No 54% (22)
jakewalters
8/15/12 10:43:06PM
Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen apparently going at it on Twitter.

After Chael said he would clean up whatever was left behind by Hendo, JBJ was quick to answer:

@sonnench the things you say about me hold absolutely no weight, you disrespected Anderson and his country but fought like a child.

@sonnench If you're going to disrespect me out of nowhere, at least disrespect me to my face like a man.

@sonnench and you call me a punk, I'm more man than you'll ever be. #Coward #Cheater

Sonnen then had his own two cents to put in:

Boarding plane to Oregon now, home of your corporate wage masters. Next time you are in town, knock on my door. Don't drive. @johnnybones

Advice to @jonnybones. Take some of that Nike money, hire new writers.

Jon Jones took insult to the DUI joke, and replied immediately:

@sonnench lol you're an idiot if you think I haven't heard every dui joke in the book. I applaud original ones, that's powerless

@sonnench lol dude, you're not worth my time.. Earn a title shot instead of trying to talk your way into one and I'll be glad to hurt you

Sonnen was the last to put his opinion in responding:

@jonnybones Oh I plan too. Btw, how long did it take your parents to come up with your name, JON JONES.. #creative

How amazing is it that just a month and change after ending his quarrel with Andy, he's already starting up beef with another champion. Gotta love him.
warglory
8/15/12 10:45:54PM
Call Chael what you will, but he is certainly one thing...an opportunist.
george112
8/15/12 10:48:36PM

I personally think its hilarious. It makes an eventual fight that much more exciting
Franklinfan47
8/15/12 10:58:36PM

Posted by george112

I personally think its hilarious. It makes an eventual fight that much more exciting

Agreed. I dont particularly like Sonnen, but he cracks me up
tcunningham
8/16/12 12:19:46AM
i never get tired of the shit he says. you gotta hand it to chael, the guy can talk
SmileR
8/16/12 5:11:28AM
I believe in Chael Sonnen!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
aussiemma
8/16/12 6:16:32AM
i've grown to like chael's character more and more...his last response is classic
gartface
8/16/12 8:29:41AM
I'm thinking that the masses are going to be far more receptive to him trash talking Jon Jones.

That "don't drive" killed me!
postman
8/16/12 8:46:30AM
Ha maybe I just didn't like him or find him funny because I am a Anderson fan. I can't stand Jon so I am finding humor in it. Then again he hasn't went racial or insulted his wife yet.
Shawn91111
8/16/12 8:50:41AM
When Hendo knocks Jones out, and Chael beats Griffin then maybe they can set this fight up.
bjj1605
8/16/12 9:32:15AM
I have no interest in Chael fighting Jon Jones right now.

Chael has a horrible record at LHW in the UFC. He's 1-2 with both losses coming by submission.

I don't expect much from Chael at this weight. His style is based on being able to out wrestle, out muscle, and out work his opponents. I just don't see him being able to do that consistently at LHW when all the fighters are his size or bigger and many of them have great takedown defense.

Believe me, I'd love for him to prove me wrong so I could see Jon Jones smash him, but I doubt it will happen. He would need a string of wins against top guys in the division for this to make sense. Like at least 4-5 really good wins.

The UFC might fast track him though because the division is thin and Chael knows how to sell a fight (even though he isn't a legitimate challenger to Jones.)

I lol'd when Jon Jones said, "try earning a title shot instead of talking your way into one."
BuffaloDave
8/16/12 9:34:57AM
I would love to know what the UFC pays Sonnen to stir the pot up.

Sonnen should move into the Hollywood scene once his fighting career is over, he would make an awesome writer for comedy sitcoms.
airkerma
8/16/12 10:01:00AM
To me, Jones looks like a fish out of water in the smack talk department. His best bet in this case is to steer clear of twitter interactions or he'll probably end up saying something that will be deleted an hour or so later.
prophecy033
8/16/12 9:32:48PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I would love to know what the UFC pays Sonnen to stir the pot up.

Sonnen should move into the Hollywood scene once his fighting career is over, he would make an awesome writer for comedy sitcoms.

or a good heel