Chael Sonnen only guy to ever hurt Anderson silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chael Sonnen only guy to ever hurt Anderson silva
« Previous Page
prophecy033
9/7/11 10:20:16PM

Posted by ncordless

link

Still probably the greatest sub in MMA history.

Maybe in a championship fight, but not in history by any means
armbar66j7
9/8/11 3:18:36PM
travis lutter back at 67 had him in worry mode in the first round, even after he missed weight, everybody is on chael sonnens bandwagon...honestly, hes a greaqt wrestler, with some power in his hands, and a solid stand up at best, but were talking about the same guy whos lost to jeremy horn , maia, and silva in the ufc, all by the same positioning, he chokes, i respect his style, but hes no andersons toughest test, give chris weidman 3 years, or mark munoz a year, or id even give hector lombard a shot, he might be stronger than sonnen, and his striking makes sonnens look like an old lady swatting a fly, idk, id love to see that fight
armbar66j7
9/8/11 3:24:46PM
diaz-gomi, even though it was overturned, that was f**cking awesome
prophecy033
9/8/11 3:31:17PM

Posted by armbar66j7

diaz-gomi, even though it was overturned, that was f**cking awesome

So was Maia's over Ed Herman
armbar66j7
9/8/11 3:48:39PM
oh yeah, that was insane too, man, i wish maia never fought silva, cuz then maybe he wouldnt be so timid and hed actually try harder to finish his opponents...well actually, maybe it started when marquardt destroyed him, but still...it sucks, cuz hes a master
placente
9/8/11 4:46:56PM

Posted by armbar66j7

travis lutter back at 67 had him in worry mode in the first round, even after he missed weight, everybody is on chael sonnens bandwagon...honestly, hes a greaqt wrestler, with some power in his hands, and a solid stand up at best, but were talking about the same guy whos lost to jeremy horn , maia, and silva in the ufc, all by the same positioning, he chokes, i respect his style, but hes no andersons toughest test, give chris weidman 3 years, or mark munoz a year, or id even give hector lombard a shot, he might be stronger than sonnen, and his striking makes sonnens look like an old lady swatting a fly, idk, id love to see that fight

old lady swatting a fly lol
Cooler
9/8/11 10:05:17PM
With punches yes, but Ryo was teh first guy to hurt Anderson, that scissor lock hurts
placente
9/8/11 11:40:33PM

Posted by Cooler

With punches yes, but Ryo was teh first guy to hurt Anderson, that scissor lock hurts

if we are talking old school AS then add Daiju Takase to the mix first guy to ever stop him, with a triangle choke, choking could be considered hurt too?

i was talking in the dominant AS UFC era.
Pookie
9/9/11 5:19:46AM

Posted by Cooler

Anderson did have a sprained ankle going into that fight too. Im sure that submission hurt like hell.
ncordless
9/9/11 1:34:44PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ncordless

link

Heh. I don't think you followed the link. You know what they say about assumptions.
prophecy033
9/9/11 2:28:26PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ncordless

link

Heh. I don't think you followed the link. You know what they say about assumptions.

Top 3 but still not the greatest IMO. I'd put Diaz over Gomi and Maia over Herman ahead but it was Damn good regardless

*note* my phone wouldn't load it the other day so I didn't know which sub it was. I was going off what the topic was...my bad bro
tmas
9/12/11 5:24:34PM

Posted by placente

Chael deserves a rematch because he has been the only guy to have ever demonstrated that AS is human and he can be hurt, taken down, GnPed. No matter if he juiced or not, that win didnt look like he set up from the beginning, to me it looked like he lucked out.

That was a controversial win and i think it needs to be settled once and for all, because i still don't know who is better than who.

what controversy there wasnt one! its not like anderson or chael were dqued, or a dec, IT WAS A SUB, no controversy there. *slaps head*

Pages: 1 [2]