Chael Sonnen Will Be a Great Challenge For Anderson Silva At UFC 117

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen Will Be a Great Challenge For Anderson Silva At UFC 117
DCRage
5/6/10 1:17:41PM
But at the same time, Silva challenger-to-have-been Vitor Belfort tells the TATAME website that he's counting down the days to his chance. He says "Each fight is different; I can't say how it is going to be. For sure Sonnen will be a great challenge, and I'm pretty sure the fight will be tied. They are two good fighters, now it is up to us to wait... I, for sure, will be one [a challenge for Silva] too. For now, I'll just wait for my chance and make it worth it. They [doctors] said I could work on my fitness, I'm almost released to train. I'll be ready in September."

Article
chickmagnet
5/6/10 1:24:10PM
I agree completely.
Aether
5/7/10 9:52:50AM
I dunno. I hope he is, but I think he's going to get knocked senseless in reality.
Kpro
5/7/10 9:59:58AM
I think it's a little funny that even if Sonnen wins he'll still be given no credit.

Filho had a bad day, Marquardt had a bad day, Silva had a bad day.

He could possibly become the first guy ever to run through 3 top 3 guys in his weight class, become UFC champ, and still not make some top 10 lists.

I don't get it, but it's humorous.

seanfu
5/7/10 1:20:08PM

Posted by Kpro

I think it's a little funny that even if Sonnen wins he'll still be given no credit.

He could possibly become the first guy ever to run through 3 top 3 guys in his weight class, become UFC champ, and still not make some top 10 lists.

He bear Filho legitimately for sure and I at least thought he was going to be great and smash Maia, we saw what then happened.

He lost to Maia, and after that LnPed a non contender for a grossly uninteresting win. Then he decisions Okami. Then he has an amazing night against Marquardt in the only part of the game Marquardt is lacking, his guard. Stylistically a great matchup for Sonnen.

Then he goes and beats anderson by a slim LnP decision, which is the only way he wins whatsoever. Is he then recognized as a great fighter? hardly.

And he is a stylistic challenge, just like Leitas was. But he has no chance to win, mark my words. His only win would be a decision by 1 round.

I would love to take all your money.
hate4thestate
5/8/10 5:57:32AM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by Kpro

He bear Filho legitimately for sure and I at least thought he was going to be great and smash Maia, we saw what then happened.

He lost to Maia, and after that LnPed a non contender for a grossly uninteresting win. Then he decisions Okami. Then he has an amazing night against Marquardt in the only part of the game Marquardt is lacking, his guard. Stylistically a great matchup for Sonnen.

Then he goes and beats anderson by a slim LnP decision, which is the only way he wins whatsoever. Is he then recognized as a great fighter? hardly.

And he is a stylistic challenge, just like Leitas was. But he has no chance to win, mark my words. His only win would be a decision by 1 round.

I would love to take all your money.

i just wanted to say this...

beating okami at his own game is a feat of itself. okami is the most underrated fighter in all of mma imo. but i agree LnP is sonnens only hope. but if he cant take silva down it might be a short night.