Chael Sonnen was granted a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) by the Nevada Athletic Commission

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen was granted a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) by the Nevada Athletic Commission
sparky
5/22/12 9:33:53AM
Chael Sonnen was granted a therapeutic use exemption for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) by the Nevada Athletic Commission on Monday, clearing the way for his UFC 148 showdown with Anderson Silva in Las Vegas on July 7.

The exemption came with a few conditions, however. Sonnen must adhere to dosage restrictions as determined by NAC Executive Director Keith Kizer in the days leading up to the event, and the middleweight title challenger must also submit to a post-fight blood test at his expense the morning after UFC 148. Additionally, the commission has requested that Sonnen submit copies of his therapeutic exemption applications from Texas and Illinois for further review.

Sonnen was suspended for one year by the California State Athletic Commission following his loss to Silva at UFC 117 in August 2010, when a post-fight drug test revealed that Sonnen had elevated testosterone levels. The Oregonian returned to action last October, scoring a first-round submission over Brian Stann at UFC 136 in Houston. Most recently, he defeated Michael Bisping at UFC on Fox 2 on Jan. 28 in Chicago.

Link
airkerma
5/22/12 9:38:36AM
Making headlines left and right
Chael wins Jim Rome Smack Talk
Even better than his appearance 2 weeks ago on Rome when he thoroughly trolled Rome when explaining that tapping out only means you lost that round.
ghandikush
5/22/12 12:03:32PM
Now lets hope they test his levels to see if he's a 12 again.
postman
5/22/12 12:41:43PM

Posted by airkerma

Making headlines left and right
Chael wins Jim Rome Smack Talk
Even better than his appearance 2 weeks ago on Rome when he thoroughly trolled Rome when explaining that tapping out only means you lost that round.

He did the same thing on TMZ live. And he bragged that he was thrown out of office.
Boo_Radley21
5/22/12 1:30:46PM
Didn't help him the first time, won't help him this time. Silva KO
Pookie
5/22/12 2:52:49PM
I thought if you got caught abusing Testosterone you had all TUE capability revoked.
MMAcca
5/22/12 4:19:09PM

Posted by Pookie

I thought if you got caught abusing Testosterone you had all TUE capability revoked.

I think it depends on how well liked you are by the Zuffa hierarchy
Pookie
5/22/12 4:40:04PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Pookie

I think it depends on how well liked you are by the Zuffa hierarchy

Good. As long as it's fair.