Chael Sonnen chooses Dan Henderson as 'TUF 17' assistant coach

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen chooses Dan Henderson as 'TUF 17' assistant coach
FastKnockout
11/1/12 6:33:59PM
Chael Sonnen today told MMAjunkie.com that not only does he expect Dan Henderson to help him prepare for a title fight against Jon Jones – but Henderson will be one of his assistant coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 17."

"We're on great terms (and) we've always been on great terms," Sonnen said while adding that Henderson will also corner him against the light-heavyweight champ.

Sonnen downplayed any rift with Henderson that arose in the wake of his selection as a "TUF 17" coach.

LINK
SpiderSilva
11/1/12 6:35:13PM
Awesome! There going to still both lose to jones though.
sparky
11/1/12 6:43:12PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Awesome! There going to still both lose to jones though.

Exactly what I thought when I read the title to this thread
ghandikush
11/1/12 7:33:52PM
kingsmasher
11/1/12 8:35:31PM
I bet Bubba Jenkins brings more to the table in wrestling than Chael and Henderson combined

let the UFC sign Bubba and Alvarez at the same time and fight..

I got Bubba all day!!
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/1/12 8:35:59PM
Smart move by Dan, don't you guys think? While helping Sonnen prepare for his fight, Hendo may be able to pick up something that could better prepare him for his fight. Or maybe I'm just hoping he would. I would love to see Dan take the belt from Jones, then retire John Elway style.
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/1/12 8:37:52PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I bet Bubba Jenkins brings more to the table in wrestling than Chael and Henderson combined

I think you may be right. I haven't seen anything on Jones' coaches, is Bubba confirmed as one of them?
2hotty
11/1/12 8:42:59PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I got Bubba all day!!

Do just spew verbal sh!t just to start conflict with people ?

ghandikush
11/1/12 9:05:21PM

Posted by kingsmasher

I got Bubba all day!!

Wrestling, but there are very few on earth who can prep a fighter in MMA better than Hendo and Team Quest. Thats obvious.
kingsmasher
11/1/12 9:26:07PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by kingsmasher

I think you may be right. I haven't seen anything on Jones' coaches, is Bubba confirmed as one of them?

Yeah hes the wrestling coach for Jones on the show
kingsmasher
11/1/12 9:32:24PM

Posted by 2hotty

Posted by kingsmasher

I got Bubba all day!!

Not at all quit trying to make something that aint there...Id rather Bubba Jenkins come to the UFC than an overpaid Alvarez....I would let them fight for the contract...

My point is Bubba Jenkins wrestling makes him way more of a contender than Alvarez...but Alvarez more than likely gets a huge deal....and IMO based on a few fights he oversized guys so he was exciting...I doubt he does well in the UFC and I will stick by that statement...

Alvarez is basically Frankie Edgar with not as good wrestling...He might surprise me but I dont think so.....Id rather have Bubba...and he will be on his way..
Manak
11/1/12 9:46:09PM
I guess that rift between them was short lived. but yea good move on dan to gather more info on jones
ghandikush
11/1/12 10:25:07PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by 2hotty

Posted by kingsmasher

I got Bubba all day!!

Not at all quit trying to make something that aint there...Id rather Bubba Jenkins come to the UFC than an overpaid Alvarez....I would let them fight for the contract...

My point is Bubba Jenkins wrestling makes him way more of a contender than Alvarez...but Alvarez more than likely gets a huge deal....and IMO based on a few fights he oversized guys so he was exciting...I doubt he does well in the UFC and I will stick by that statement...

Alvarez is basically Frankie Edgar with not as good wrestling...He might surprise me but I dont think so.....Id rather have Bubba...and he will be on his way..

Bubba needs more than two years to be what Alvarez is in both striking and experience, if Bubba is a phenom.
Chael_Sonnen
11/2/12 2:12:41AM
Haha - - - "The Unicorn Slayer" Due to academic restrictions in his senior year @ Penn State couldn't pass gym class....apparently he didn't know what a double-leg takedown was either at thee Penn State. FAILURE.

Though he did "flourish" at ASU (thee party University) maybe he can teach JJ's team on TUF on how to bong a beer

Oh, and fellow INTERWEBBERS, day 1 of TUF finished filming today
Shawn91111
11/9/12 12:44:00PM
Hendo said on MMA Uncensored that he is only going to go on TUF for a few days not the entire time.