Chael Sonnen Calls Anderson Silva a 'Coward' After UFC 136 Win

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen Calls Anderson Silva a 'Coward' After UFC 136 Win
kopower
10/9/11 4:17:16PM
HOUSTON -- MMA Fighting caught up with Chael Sonnen following his UFC 136 win over Brian Stann. Sonnen discusses the victory, his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, if he felt any ring rust and if he thinks Anderson Silva will agree to a rematch and much more.

Link
prophecy033
10/9/11 6:54:36PM
Sonnen looked like he wanted to Fuck the camera, I wonder if he got the digits?
prophecy033
10/9/11 6:58:10PM
On a more serious note, Chael is a great fighter who made the world best Middleweight look normal for most of their fight. But the facts being what they are, Chael tapped...period. he is not the peoples champ or the uncrowned champ. He is another guy in a long line that lost to Anderson. Can he beat Silva, yeah, I think so. Will he beat Silva, I have my doubts. 1 thing I know is that it will be the biggest draw in UFC history. And Cowboy Stadium is the beat place for it IMO
Kpro
10/9/11 7:00:22PM

Posted by prophecy033

On a more serious note, Chael is a great fighter who made the world best Middleweight look normal for most of their fight. But the facts being what they are, Chael tapped...period. he is not the peoples champ or the uncrowned champ. He is another guy in a long line that lost to Anderson. Can he beat Silva, yeah, I think so. Will he beat Silva, I have my doubts. 1 thing I know is that it will be the biggest draw in UFC history. And Cowboy Stadium is the beat place for it IMO

Yeah but who could've known title fights were 25 minutes instead of 20.

Everyone? oh ok.
mrsmiley
10/9/11 7:05:33PM
I'm torn on the rematch.
Chael did an amazing job against Anderson and for the majority of the fight was doing everything he needed to do to gain the victory. Yet, Anderson also claims his whole objective in that bout was to submit Chael after the comments he made about the Nogueira brothers,which to me (if Anderson is being 100% truthful) indicates Silva was fighting a different game altogether that night. So who's to say he might not just come out in a rematch and knock Sonnen's lights out a minute into the first?
I interested to see what Silva's gameplan would be for a second fight.
hashyandy4
10/9/11 7:15:14PM
That actually made me laugh really hard. The stuff about Anderson dancing was great. As much as I LUV Anderson a dash of Chael here and there is always nice.
Manak
10/9/11 7:35:42PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I'm torn on the rematch.
Chael did an amazing job against Anderson and for the majority of the fight was doing everything he needed to do to gain the victory. Yet, Anderson also claims his whole objective in that bout was to submit Chael after the comments he made about the Nogueira brothers,which to me (if Anderson is being 100% truthful) indicates Silva was fighting a different game altogether that night. So who's to say he might not just come out in a rematch and knock Sonnen's lights out a minute into the first?
I interested to see what Silva's gameplan would be for a second fight.

If anderson was fighting like that then he is just on another level from everyone, n could see him coming out and finishing him in the 1st just to put everything to bed with chael
kopower
10/9/11 9:26:05PM

Posted by hashyandy4

That actually made me laugh really hard. The stuff about Anderson dancing was great. As much as I LUV Anderson a dash of Chael here and there is always nice.

I agree. I can handle only so much of Sonnen at a time. He was actually pretty damn funny though.
NE-1
10/9/11 10:44:41PM
I think it's hilarious that Silva did to Sonnen what Big Nog has become so famous for. Yet I didn't hear the same crap about Nog after he beat Sylvia or after Herring rocked the hell out of him with a head kick and he got the sub later. When that happens Nog is praised and now that Silva has done it everyone says he's been exposed. It doesn't matter how many rounds you win if you get finished and lose

Ask any figther, they'd gladly lose every round if they knew they'd get the finish in the end.
GSPCanada
10/10/11 12:55:34AM

Posted by NE-1

I think it's hilarious that Silva did to Sonnen what Big Nog has become so famous for. Yet I didn't hear the same crap about Nog after he beat Sylvia or after Herring rocked the hell out of him with a head kick and he got the sub later. When that happens Nog is praised and now that Silva has done it everyone says he's been exposed. It doesn't matter how many rounds you win if you get finished and lose

Ask any figther, they'd gladly lose every round if they knew they'd get the finish in the end.

agreed, sonnen is basically reading off a paper at this point in time, in how many interviews have u heard sonnen say "In what alternate universe do u punch a guy 300 times and he's the champion..." I don't know the same universe where if u tap and say "quit" it means u lose. chael is talking and a lot of ppl find it funny, but I saw in an interview that silva has had enough and is genuinely po'd about sonnen's recent comments. Sonnen could be in for a humbling experience if anderson silva was actually just toying with him last fight, we will see
tmas
10/10/11 9:05:21AM
i think Anderson was just looking to sub him, this time he wont be....but! but!

ok everyone knows im the biggest anderson lover ever.....but i think chael has what it takes to take a dec from andy, he isnt knocking him out, and he isnt subbing him, but his wrestling is on another level and on that alone i see him very very possib ly winning im leaning towards chael right now.

that hurts. 100% hoping Silva knocks his head off!
bjj1605
10/10/11 11:24:11AM
Huge Anderson fan. Not sure I buy the excuse that he was toying with him tho.

To me, it looked like Chael hurt him early with a punch in the first round which allowed him to get the first takedown. After that his confidence grew and Anderson just couldn't keep him off him. I think if people re-watch that fight though, they'll realize Chael wasn't "dominating" as much as we all thought at the time. He was taking a lot of damage from Anderson while on top. Also, he got hurt several times on the feet. Considering they were on the feet for a total of about 1min, that tells you how big of a difference there is in their striking ability. It just seemed like he was more dominant because it was so surprising.
Sir_Karl
10/10/11 11:34:38AM
Personally I thought Chael lost the Silva fight on purpose. He knew he had elevated levels of Testosterone in his system. He knew he couldn't be the champ even if he won the 5 round decision. I think Chael let himself slip into the triangle choke. I think if they fight again and Chael is clean...he will walk out of the cage the new MW champ.
prophecy033
10/10/11 11:52:06AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Personally I thought Chael lost the Silva fight on purpose. He knew he had elevated levels of Testosterone in his system. He knew he couldn't be the champ even if he won the 5 round decision. I think Chael let himself slip into the triangle choke. I think if they fight again and Chael is clean...he will walk out of the cage the new MW champ.

prozacnation1978
10/10/11 12:07:34PM
I don't know why he called him a coward silva already fought you once and u were caught cheating!! I wouldn't want to fight a guy who needs to take something illegal to help him win
Poor_Franklin
10/10/11 2:15:39PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Sir_Karl

mrsmiley
10/10/11 2:37:47PM

Posted by NE-1

I think the difference with Nog and Silva is that Nog made a career out of coming back from impossible odds,or surviving through crazy circumstances anyone else would have crumbled under whereas Silva has made a name for stopping guys fast,toying with them,or just acting bizarre. But I would never make the claim Chael completly came out and exposed Silva. Just made him look a little more human for about 20 minutes.
ghandikush
10/10/11 2:52:10PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

If this is serious, and I cant imagine so, I think differently of it.

Chael is a politician, he's smart, he KNEW he was about to get tested extensively in a title fight. I think he intentionally juiced way high understanding that if he dominated Silva even testing dirty wont matter. The belt was still awarded to him so likely wouldnt be vacated. Every fan watching wont be giving a shit about follow up test results a week later, they'll just remember that he beat Silvas ass.

It's actually a good plan if you dont believe in yourself. If you beat superman on roids you still beat superman.
prophecy033
10/10/11 3:25:11PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I don't know why he called him a coward silva already fought you once and u were caught cheating!! I wouldn't want to fight a guy who needs to take something illegal to help him win

is say that's the pot calling the kettle black