Chael Sonnen calls Anderson a con man

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen calls Anderson a con man
BDON911
1/27/10 5:08:00PM
Sonnen Interview

Sonnen says his comments regarding Anderson Silva are the truth. Says Silva hates the media and the fans that idolize him so he pretends he can not understand or speak English, even though he does so perfectly. Calls Silva a con man.
MaxOne
1/27/10 5:16:26PM
IMO Anderson would get a lot more support from casual american fans if he used this english of his a bit more....

MisterFreeze
1/27/10 5:20:55PM

Posted by MaxOne

IMO Anderson would get a lot more support from casual american fans if he used this english of his a bit more....

Is this really true!? Why does Anderson hate me!? i didn't do anything to him!!
BustedKnuckle
1/27/10 6:05:05PM
Chael needs to be worried about what Nate is going to do to him. And less about Anderson. Sonnen has never impressed me. IMO he is going to get embaressed by Marquardt. Nate has the tools standing to KO him early and definatly will be the stronger of the two if it goes to the ground. WAR "The Great" . He should get the next shot at Silvas belt after Belfort.........thats right!
MisterFreeze
1/27/10 7:46:21PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Chael needs to be worried about what Nate is going to do to him. And less about Anderson. Sonnen has never impressed me. IMO he is going to get embaressed by Marquardt. Nate has the tools standing to KO him early and definatly will be the stronger of the two if it goes to the ground. WAR "The Great" . He should get the next shot at Silvas belt after Belfort.........thats right!

Sonnens complete domination of Yushin Okami didn't impress you?
ChokeUout
1/28/10 1:46:15AM

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Sonnens complete domination of Yushin Okami didn't impress you?

Sonnen won all 3 rounds, but I wouldn't call it a domination. Okami was never in trouble of being stopped, and sonnen never really made an attempt to stop him. Penn/Sanchez was a complete domination. Sonnen/Okami was a quality win.

That being said, Chael isn't the kind of fighter who makes you say "WOAH, HOLY S***!" and never has been. Yeah, It's a feather in his cap to beat okami, but chael will never finsh a top 20 middleweight. His striking is JUST good enough to outstrike bad strikers and great grapplers. His superb wrestling allows him to lay on great strikers and bad grapplers while punching them in the kidneys for 15 minute. Effective, but not exactly impressive or exciting...

As far as Sonnen talking about Silva, it's hype. If he CAN pull off an upset of Marquart, it'll hlep in his case for a title shot which most people don't think he deserves. If by as snowball's chance Nate DOES lose to Chael, all that crap Sonnen talked will mos def fuel silva's fire.

Finally, Listen to how silva talks when he DOES speak english. You honestly think he's fluent in English? I think sonnen is just talking to hear himself talk
finnish_line
1/28/10 9:11:54AM

Rich Franklin and Chael Sonnen will forever be heroes of mine because they kept Okami out of the title picture.
McBee
1/28/10 10:27:24AM
Well both fans and media are really annoying sometimes and he still demolishes everyone when he does he job so he is still my favorite fighter. I would rather people speak there native languages it really speaks to the sport wide international pull and I can barely understand them when they speak english.

I bet you Anderson is saying things like "Hey all of you ugly, drunk douches bags and whores thank you for the money, Curitba here I come" and then his manager Soares is like Thank you so muck for your support and I wish I could stay longer in your wonderful city before going back to Curitba"

Besides after a guy demolishes someone the last thing the guy should have to do is speak in a language foreign to him and sound like a retarded kid.
prozacnation1978
1/28/10 11:11:09AM
sonnen is a boring fighter period!!
he will do anything to hype up a fight vs silva,
he needs to focus on nate the great
MisterFreeze
1/28/10 11:50:22AM

Posted by McBee

Well both fans and media are really annoying sometimes and he still demolishes everyone when he does he job so he is still my favorite fighter. I would rather people speak there native languages it really speaks to the sport wide international pull and I can barely understand them when they speak english.

I bet you Anderson is saying things like "Hey all of you ugly, drunk douches bags and whores thank you for the money, Curitba here I come" and then his manager Soares is like Thank you so muck for your support and I wish I could stay longer in your wonderful city before going back to Curitba"

Besides after a guy demolishes someone the last thing the guy should have to do is speak in a language foreign to him and sound like a retarded kid.