Chael Sonnen: ‘The Better Guy Wins Every Night, the Better Guy Won Tonight’ (UFC 148 Video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chael Sonnen: ‘The Better Guy Wins Every Night, the Better Guy Won Tonight’ (UFC 148 Video)
kopower
7/8/12 1:10:29PM
LAS VEGAS – The rift between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen became one of the most heated rivalries in the history of the UFC. They finally settled the score in the Octagon at UFC 148 on Saturday night, Silva once again getting the better of Sonnen.

Despite all the craziness, the American Gangsta shtick, and the bravado heading into the fight, Sonnen showed his humility afterwards, giving Silva his due.

“The better guy wins every time,” said Sonnen. “The better guy won tonight.”

Check out Chael Sonnen’s comments from Saturday night’s UFC 148 post-fight press conference…Link
thevoodooninja
7/8/12 1:27:22PM
i absolutely love chael. i really do think he believes in the things he says( even if it is a shtick) and win or lose he will say what he believes in

to chael
ghandikush
7/8/12 1:55:41PM

Posted by kopower

LAS VEGAS – The rift between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen became one of the most heated rivalries in the history of the UFC. They finally settled the score in the Octagon at UFC 148 on Saturday night, Silva once again getting the better of Sonnen.

Despite all the craziness, the American Gangsta shtick, and the bravado heading into the fight, Sonnen showed his humility afterwards, giving Silva his due.

Check out Chael Sonnen’s comments from Saturday night’s UFC 148 post-fight press conference…Link

The better guy won the first time after you cheated, fade away, dont pretend youre awesome after you fail like Tito did for popularity.
scoozna
7/8/12 2:12:05PM
Chael did his thing in round one. He couldn't pull it together for round 2, and that was all a motivated (and healthy) Silva needed.

thevoodooninja
7/8/12 2:15:33PM

Posted by ghandikus

The better guy won the first time after you cheated, fade away, dont pretend youre awesome after you fail like Tito did for popularity.

this is a horrible post

and as far as him pretending to be awesome, he's NOT pretending, he IS awesome
KingCmb
7/8/12 2:43:31PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kopower

take a note from cheal and show a little class
ghandikush
7/8/12 2:44:39PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by ghandikus

this is a horrible post

he cheated, he lost, he pretended like he won, then he got that ass beat when he didnt cheat... pretty sure thats how it went. Anderson silva = awesome

fail sonnen= 7-6 in the UFC hahahaha Give him Lyoto next like he was talking smack about for my heart warming lulz
ghandikush
7/8/12 2:46:08PM

Posted by the-king

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by kopower

take a note from cheal and show a little class

Sure will lol
thevoodooninja
7/8/12 2:51:50PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

Posted by ghandikus

this is a horrible post

he cheated, he lost, he pretended like he won, then he got that ass beat when he didnt cheat... pretty sure thats how it went. Anderson silva = awesome

fail sonnen= 7-6 in the UFC hahahaha Give him Lyoto next like he was talking smack about for my heart warming lulz

dont pretend andy didnt get his ass handed to him the first fight and in the second fight was getting beat up too untill he greased up and kept holding on to chaels trunks to keep him off of him. at the end of the day andy is no more that a punk. and chael would eat lyoto up unless he goes with the greasing too
isk
7/8/12 2:58:44PM
Yeah, the greasing thing wasn't great, but Lavigne caught that. And the shorts thing wasn't super awesome, but I don't think Silva really needed it. His TDD in the 2nd round was perfect.

Sonnen remains one of my favorite MMA personalities. He's flawed, but I still think he's very good and certainly entertaining in front of a mic. Hats off to both him and Silva for making up after the fight, and for Silva's wiseass remark about the BBQ and steak.

I'll still watch Sonnen fight pretty much anyone, because I know he'll bring it.
george112
7/8/12 3:02:31PM
I'm not gonna take away from Andersons win.

But to even try to grease is fucked up on his part.

With that being said I don't know the facts. I don't know if he really did grease.

BUT before the fight even started and when they were making the introductions did anyone notice Anderson falling against the fence over and over.

When I saw that I looked at my girlfriend and was like check it out he's greasing through the fence with his banner.

THEN after all that greasing actually comes up as an issue??? Crazy coincidence
ghandikush
7/8/12 3:21:32PM
I didnt notice greasing but it probably happened. Its shitty that it cant be handled like testing for a 16.9:1 tesosterone ratio.
State_Champ
7/8/12 3:24:55PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

dont pretend andy didnt get his ass handed to him the first fight and in the second fight was getting beat up too untill he greased up and kept holding on to chaels trunks to keep him off of him. at the end of the day andy is no more that a punk. and chael would eat lyoto up unless he goes with the greasing too

bjj1605
7/8/12 4:36:00PM

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

i absolutely love chael. i really do think he believes in the things he says( even if it is a shtick) and win or lose he will say what he believes in

to chael

So you believe that Chael means what he says and yet you still like him??? lol

Some people say "I like Chael because I know he doesn't mean what he says." Personally I think he does mean it and for that reason I dislike him as much as I've ever disliked a professional athlete.

But YOU.....how can you support the multitude of insulting, racist, and offensive things that he's said about so many people?

He's a money launderer, a juicer, a fake tapper, a poor loser, and a B level fighter.
prophecy033
7/8/12 4:50:15PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

ghandikush
7/8/12 5:02:38PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

to chael

Some people say "I like Chael because I know he doesn't mean what he says." Personally I think he does mean it and for that reason I dislike him as much as I've ever disliked a professional athlete.

But YOU.....how can you support the multitude of insulting, racist, and offensive things that he's said about so many people?

He's a money launderer, a juicer, a fake tapper, a poor loser, and a B level fighter.

To be fair, he is only a money launderer, cheater, and a fake tapper.
infestructure
7/8/12 8:03:29PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

to chael

To be fair, he is only a money launderer, cheater, and a fake tapper.

Or he could be a money launderer, cheater, a failed real estate agent, a failed politician, a TRT user, a sore loser (except this time),a fake tapper and a charlatan

jlock003
7/8/12 8:14:09PM
Somebody give me some info on the greasing. I didn't catch onto it last night but it sounds from the forum that it was pretty clear. Was it before the fight or in between rounds? If it was before the fight Chael didn't have trouble getting him down in the first anyway, but I can definitely see it having had an impact against the cage in the second. I've been talking with a friend I watched the fights with last night about the short pulling. Holding the shorts did not solely prevent the takedown. Silva had double underhooks, and a wider base than he did in the first but beyond that Sonnen is working for pressure when Silva is pulling on his trunks not separation because he's not dug in enough for the takedown at that point in time. Silva also avoided two more takedowns before that debacle of a spinning back fist. However I said last night that it was one of the worst instances of holding the trunks I've ever seen and had Yves taken a point it would've been justified in my opinion. All that being said I tried my hardest after the first fight to blame the takedowns on Silva's injury/sickness etc... and last night made it evident to me that in no way was that what got Chael those takedowns. Silva clearly did a lot of wrestling defense in this camp and it made a huge difference in the second round. He also appeared to not want to get hit in the face as many times as he did in the last fight which helped a little bit but he did wind up in the wrong corner for a few seconds after the bell so there had to be some level of disorientation. Chael said it better than anybody, "Anderson is a man just like you and me but he keeps finding ways to win." That's what makes him great. Chael doesn't suck now because he got beaten by the best middleweight in the world today and Silva isn't a terrible fighter because he held Chael's shorts. I enjoyed the fight and wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a third one happen down the road if Chael can get back on a winning track.
prozacnation1978
7/8/12 11:48:09PM
Let's see if he changes his tune in months coming
Pookie
7/9/12 12:00:51AM
Anderson does that every fight.

He touches his forehead, and then he touches his body. That's the grease-debacle in a nut shell.
machodog76
7/9/12 1:54:33AM
I see a lot more bitching from Sonnen fans than from Sonnen Himself. Anderson Silva is a better fighter get over it. Chael did.
Lucas
7/9/12 4:06:14AM
The greasing is just not relevant IMO he didn't grease who looks down the middle of a camera knowing millions are watching and start greasing it doesn't make sense. The fact Sonnen took him down in 5 Seconds also suggests there was no greasing.

Sonnens down fall is he is a wrestler and that's it when that fails he has nothing else. He had Silva mounted for 50 seconds most fighters would have postured and dropped bombs all sonnen did was give silva a nice man hug for 50 seconds.

The spinning back fist was hilarious i think he had only turned 5 degrees at which point silva had already moved out of the way.

It was a good night where skill and class shone above complete delusion
Lucas
7/9/12 4:11:46AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

to chael

He's a money launderer, a juicer, a fake tapper, a poor loser, and a B level fighter. [/QUOTE\]

bjj 1605 i keep trying to prop you but it just says i have to spread the love else where first but i completely agree with your post. I'm beginning to think these sonnen fans must be sonnen himself because i just can't believe there are more people out there who are so delusional
TheCatFather
7/9/12 11:32:56AM
Focus on not getting put in an armbar, focus on not getting choked out in the triangle...I know, spinning back fist....FAIL!!!!!!!!!! lol I'm glad this saga is over.
ghandikush
7/9/12 11:40:24AM

Posted by Lucas

The greasing is just not relevant IMO he didn't grease who looks down the middle of a camera knowing millions are watching and start greasing it doesn't make sense. The fact Sonnen took him down in 5 Seconds also suggests there was no greasing.

Sonnens down fall is he is a wrestler and that's it when that fails he has nothing else. He had Silva mounted for 50 seconds most fighters would have postured and dropped bombs all sonnen did was give silva a nice man hug for 50 seconds.

The spinning back fist was hilarious i think he had only turned 5 degrees at which point silva had already moved out of the way.

best time to do it is in fron of millions of people. If I want to steal from a store I could walk right out like i own the place with a tv in cart right in front of everyone. Noone would suspect that and if they did they would be too awestruck to get me.

GSP greased, Anderson could be greasing. The important part is that while greasing can help to block subs and body locks it doesnt help much against a freestyle double leg sing the grabbing / grip will be your trunks.
Lucas
7/10/12 4:18:51AM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Lucas

best time to do it is in fron of millions of people. If I want to steal from a store I could walk right out like i own the place with a tv in cart right in front of everyone. Noone would suspect that and if they did they would be too awestruck to get me.

GSP greased, Anderson could be greasing. The important part is that while greasing can help to block subs and body locks it doesnt help much against a freestyle double leg sing the grabbing / grip will be your trunks.

Disagree with your first point people would steal from a store by just walking in and then out as if they owned the placeso they don't look suspicious so the cameras won't focus on you. If you were the only one in the shop you wouldn't walk in and steal knowing the cameras will only be on you

I agree with your second point i don't actually think Silva greased but if he did it wouldnt stop a double leg takedown